Moderator's note: Quote removed.
You can report to the Traffic Police.
Posts
-
RE: I can't stand this - RI parent !
-
RE: Stationery and School bags
jedamum:
I like deuter series too. Where can get good priced one?
I want to know too.
-
RE: Clementi Primary
Hi, P1 and P2 Sports Day is this Friday. Does anyone know if we can bring children along?
-
RE: Unity Primary
The teacher has right intention, that is to let the kid look good in front of the tester. The only thing she did wrong is to cut it and doing it during the last hour of PSLE oral. The parent on the other hand, only concerned about the $60 hair cut. The teacher could jolly well let the kid get his marks deducted and not got herself into so much trouble. Sometimes, parents are too self-centred and "concerned" only to their own kid, little to know that whatever way they are reacting now will cause implication to their kid’s behaviour in future.
-
RE: Clementi Primary
Just to share the news that Oli Winter (P6) has won 2nd Runner-Up for YMCA Plain English Speaking Awards (PESA) for Upper Primary Category.
-
RE: Clementi Primary
YoungMama:
The school's bookstore is Pacific bookstore. Here's the online url.Tks all for sharing.
is the online order fr popular? Is it much more expensive? It really sounds convenient
will check it out.
Ya, will go back another day for the uniform since it will take awhile to try out the sizes . so there will be other timings to buy the uniform?
http://www.pacificbookstores.com/ -
RE: Clementi Primary
YoungMama:
Welcome to this forum! My DS2 will be gg P1 next year. I think most parents will buy during orientation. For me, since I have an older kid, I will buy them on another day. I know some parents may started buying uniform before school term ends and school books on other days where the bookshop is opened. I also heard the discount at popular is not much as most textbooks are in net price. So maybe still good to buy everything in school bookshop. Alternatively, they also deliver books to home. But I have not tried it before. Just my 2 cents, there could be other options from other parents.Finally rec'ed the confirmation letter fr CPS. DS going P1.next yr..really excited. I realised this PNG is rather quiet (last post in May!) Hope to see more exchanges
to startthe ball rolling, i would like to seek some advice on orientation day which is on 17 nov.
Do parents usually buy books n uniform on that day? There will be huge crowd right? If not can we get all the books fr popular? Any cheaper alternatives? where else to get the uniform?
Any parents would like to share their experience? tks!
-
RE: St James Church Kindergarten
shandee:
Yup, the last batch of students will then be attending quite an empty school? :sad:chien6:
[quote=\"shandee\"]believe its state land & govt taking back the land for re-development....my gal just started N2 this term...... she would be able to graduate fr SJCK in 2014.....
reported in the papers that the Principal mentioned abt laying off manpower next year... wonder if teaching standards would be compromised.....
last batch of students would hv the school all to themselves!
mmhh..... wouldnt morale of the teachers be down?[/quote]My DS3 will be graduating in 2014 and I have trust in the principal, pastor and the teachers that they will make it the most memorable year for all the children there.
-
RE: Travel: Indonesia - Batam/Bintan
Liz_Ryan:
There are deers, where kids can feed them. There are roosters, snakes, sting rays, arowana fish, crocodiles, turtle, catfish, cassowary, parrots, eagles, vulture, hawks, guinea pigs and rabbits.Hi there Bezzlay,
What animals do they have at their mini zoo?
And is the resort close to the elephant park where we can go for elephant show and rides?
How expensive is the food?
I remember paying S$12++ for a plate of fried rice at Batam View Resort.
At Agro Bintan, the price was not too bad, a plate would cost about S$4 or S$5, that is almost equivalent to the food court price in Singapore.
The jumbo park is in the resort centre which is 5mins walk from resort hotel or you can take their free shuttle.
A plate of fried rice at poolside restaurant in $14++ and at makan makan (foodcourt) is $8. -
RE: Travel: Indonesia - Batam/Bintan
We came back from Nirwana Gardens yesterday. I brought my 3 kids,4 yo, 6yo and 8yo there. It was a fun trip for us and I would like to share our experience with parents here. I didn’t send my kids to kids club there because the activities we had was sufficient to occupy their time. I happened to go into the kids club when one of my kid needed to go to the restroom. It was quite small.
We went for a 3D2N trip. We went to their beautiful beach(find hermit crabs, fishes & seashells), infinity pool, mini zoo and kelong restaurant on day 1.
On day 2, we went to the resort centre for archery, rifle shooting and flying fox. After lunch, we went to beach club for the water sports. My kids did canoeing, boogie board and seashell picking. They had lots of fun. As we still have some time in the late afternoon, we went to pasar oleh. There is nothing much there except shops selling souvenirs and keropok. However, to pass time we ordered some coconuts. We went to poolside restaurant for dinner.
On day 3 as our ferry is 14:35, we went to their resort centre for games of bowling. Our plan was to have some snack at makan makan (their foodcourt), however, choices are limited and it seem like nobody buy food from there. So we went back to poolside restaurant.
Food choices are limited and expensive. The staff are very very friendly and helpful. The beach is beautiful and clean. If you are going on a 3D2N trip, you probably want to leave the resort in the morning after breakfast.