2ppaamm:\"Like\"Why only GEPpers who should have this priority - just becos they are identified at P3 level? In this case, all parents should go drill their kids for GEP (afterall no need to worry about T-score or sec sch thereafter). Your same arguement of later maturity can be applied to mainstreamers as well.....so RI has to open more classes to cater to whole of Singapore kids??zeemimi:[quote=\"Big Octopus\"]
Why can't RI open up more classes and accept all GEPpers instead ? I know there are some with GEPpers with low T score, but that is not what they are look at in the first place rite ? Otherwise, no need to identify GEP rite ?
Boys generally mature later and these kids might be doing very well later on as they mature.
And why must it only be RI? Singapore has so many schools, and RI is not the only school who can groom your kid!
Come on, 别钻牛角尖. There are lots of good schools out there. Have you consider that your GEP kid may probably fare better in a different environment as compared with the competition he will face in RI???
And why GEP kids can get EESIS when they can't hit the EESIS cut off. Pls enlighten me on that. :siam:[/quote]Hm... let me try to guess... I have kids who are GEPers and kids who are not, so I guess I have a pretty fair view.
The 2nd GEP test does not really test academic capabilities, but potential (I am only guessing that they use the good IQ test and not school exam-type). Research has shown that kids with higher IQs can go further even if they are late boomers.
PSLE is not an IQ test, it is more an academic achievement test. Therefore, it measures not the potential of a child, but his ability to study and take exams. Totally different skills.
By right, (I say by right) the GEP kids are supposed to have more potential than a kid who does well in PSLE EVEN IF his T-score is lower. I say by right, because many of our GEPers go for tuition to pass the GEP test, which totally defeats the purpose of the test.
So, here I am guessing. The only way to know which kids have the highest potential, is to put the child through a really difficult test, something that's way beyond like a SAT or an IQ test that's meant for up to 18 years old WITHOUT PREPARATION. Only then can we know the potential of the kid. Unfortunately, that is too costly for our government, and not practical in Singapore given our kiasuparents who will prepare them again.
OK, I also :siam:[/quote]
Agreed !
Did you win any exceptional prizes in competition eg Olympiad Platinum? Ques is : Is Boys Brigade a CCA that is core to RI? I can't answer that. Basically, if you can't get RI via S1, you are up against v strong competition via appeal. You will most likely get HCI.[/quote]