Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login
    1. Home
    2. Blobbi
    3. Posts
    B
    Offline
    • Profile
    • Following 0
    • Followers 0
    • Topics 11
    • Posts 1,201
    • Groups 0

    Posts

    Recent Best Controversial
    • RE: Which children MAGAZINES did you subscribe?

      1. Young Scientist

      2. Science Spy
      3. Discovery Box

      posted in Primary Schools - Academic Support
      B
      Blobbi
    • RE: What Science Spy Looks like

      Okok. I scan in subscription form for those interested. Just to make sure, I'm not related to the company (I wish!).


      http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=Tsm1QTS

      I don't know if all kids will like, but the likelihood is yes. It's very colourful with lots of fascinating details and experiments. Some jokes too, I believe. Only problem is, there are only 6 issues a year.

      I wish I can buy old copies (pre-2009), so if anyone wants to sell, pls PM me!

      posted in Science
      B
      Blobbi
    • RE: What Science Spy Looks like

      I subscribe. Easier because I don’t have to go to the bkstore in search of materials. DS looks forward to the postman near the end of the month because his magazines will arrive.

      posted in Science
      B
      Blobbi
    • What Science Spy Looks like

      Jedamum, thought I'd better start a separate thread about Science Spy. Finally worked out how to post images (trial and error). Yahoo! :celebrate:


      You can ask if your son likes.

      Cheers!

      http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=Pq1BzzFJ

      http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=gx1TBkc9

      http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=Pq1BAu20

      http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=gx1TCoy0

      posted in Science
      B
      Blobbi
    • RE: All About Grooming & Encouraging Good Reading Habits

      Wah, I just spotted the bookpeople website that has been recommended here. So cheap, but I bought from various sources oredi. 😢


      Wanted to recommend this series that my son loves called Astrosaurs.
      http://www.thebookpeople.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_10051_175173_100_500020__category_

      Kino has it, so you can test it out there for 5-10mins with your kids :lol:. The titles sound alarming but according to my son, the books are just hilarious. I also like the UK style writing. My son loves a lot of the books mentioned by the parents here, like Roald Dahl and Geronimo Stilton, so your kids may like this one too. The author has two other series that sound equally good and you can check them out below.

      http://www.stevecolebooks.co.uk/

      Have fun!!

      posted in English
      B
      Blobbi
    • RE: Beach/Island holiday with children

      heutistmeintag:


      http://www.postimage.org/

      Anyone knows where/whether we can do something similar like feed the fish in Koh Samui?

      Tks!

      posted in Holiday Ideas
      B
      Blobbi
    • RE: Travel: Maldives

      4 hours flight. You arrive in Male in the night or in the wee hours of the morning (can’t remember exactly). The individual resorts will arrange for their porters to meet you at the airport, guide you across the road from the airport so you can take your motorboat launch to the resort. You’ll arrive there in pitch darkness to sleep till the next day. Some people choose to stay in Male overnight and go over to the resort the next day to save one night of accommodation.


      The flight back is also in the night. so remember to ask your resort to provide you with a hospitality room on the last day so you can still have your shower etc after you checkout.

      Very shiok memories! The only negative is, unlike Phuket or other Asian beach resorts where you can move around the area or go from island to island for shopping or cheap eats, the likelihood is you’re stuck in paradise because there are no attractions on other islands except other resorts. Maybe you can try Male for that - we didn’t.

      posted in Holiday Ideas
      B
      Blobbi
    • RE: Learning Chinese (Primary/Preschool)

      Bentan:
      If you have the time to spare, you can motivate a 10-year old child to learn chinese by:


      1) Conversing in Chinese with him
      2) Watching Chinese TV News with him (10 - 10:30 pm) - Do not waste time on Chinese serial and get him addicted to TV.
      3) Tune into Chinese channel while driving with him.
      4) Sit next to him and go online to some children sites in Chinese (learn chinese words, learn chinese children songs, learn famous Chinese stories etc)
      5) Bring him to China for leisure, immersion program, ecotour or even become a http://singapore.math-chinese-tutor.com/chua-thow-chiang/.
      6) One of the most time consuming but very effective way is to sit next to him and watch Video on Chinese Classic. Assuming each video plays for 1.5 hour and each set comes with 50 pcs of DVD, it would take at least 75 hours of your time.)

      If you do not have time to do this, consider getting a good Chinese tutor.
      Tks very much for your tips.

      Do you know of a good radio station in Chinese that is more kid friendly? Or fun Chinese websites? Sorry I'm very kantang.

      Also, which assessment books do you recommend? I went to Popular and was confused by the huge array of choice.

      TIA.

      posted in Chinese
      B
      Blobbi
    • Mummy Blobbi Here

      Hi, this is Mummy Blobbi. I have one sweetheart boy who will be going to P1 next year.


      I’ve been reading the various threads here and am so impressed with the information I can find, particularly on going to school. Tks so much for having such a great website for sharing!

      posted in Newbies & Clubs
      B
      Blobbi
    • 1
    • 2
    • 117
    • 118
    • 119
    • 120
    • 121
    • 120 / 121
      About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy