My son's teacher from 1F makes them copy down homework but uses a lot of short forms, so everytime I have to decipher the letters & guess what they stand for :roll:
Not much point asking my son as each time his answer is usually dunno, not sure or cant remember, just like most of your children... :stupid:
I'm not sure whether their teacher explains/briefs them on what they're supposed to do or just make them copy down only...
They also have not received any timetable yet. And form teacher only briefed them on what to bring on the first week, then subsequently expect them to remember or relate to us properly so that we can remember :roll: unless there're specific homework to be done then it's easier...
Dark chocoate, tks for the info on SC 
Posts
-
RE: Poi Ching
-
RE: Poi Ching
Hi Dark Chocolate,
Yes, I'm a SAHM, but still find it super hectic now that my son has started p1. Maybe becoz I have a 2nd one (19mths) to take care of too. So evening once I fetch son back, have dinner then need to check his bag for homework and help him pack for the next day. Really admire you mothers out there who have to work and supervise your sons/daughters for homework etc...
Can I check how does a SC operate? What time u need to bring yr DS there? How much they charge per month?
For mommies who have kids taking school bus, can provide an idea what time they pick up and where u stay please? Am thinking of letting my DS take this option once he has settled down a bit...thanks.
Strange, my DS from 1F doesnt seem to have any chinese homework so far. Dunno if really dun have or he had finished in class each time :roll: nomally he only has either Maths homework or most of the days English homework on the Stellar worksheets. -
RE: Poi Ching
Hi again,
Can I check if most of u are staying in Tampines? Anyone staying further away? I’m at Sengkang, so everyday got to fetch son to & fro… -
RE: Poi Ching
Hi everyone, my son is in 1F, this is the updated list now...
Nicholasmum, nice to hear someone with child from this class finally
Dont worry, teacher didnt really specify what to bring for today.
1C
dark chocolate (DS)
carebear77 (DS)
ululu (DD)
1D
kitbest (DD)
1E
cpdalin (DD)
angel64 (DS)
nonkiasu (2DS)
1F
nicholasmum (DS)
Blurmommy (DS)
1G
1H
nonkiasu (1DS)
1I
1J
1K -
RE: 2010 P1 Registration Exercise for 2011 In-Take
Thank you Tankee for yr answer to my previous question regarding fellow schools under the SHHK. Now I have another question please, would appreciate if anyone can share their golden opinion...
We're eligibile to apply for p2A2 for either Poi Ching (hubby's alma mater) or Ai Tong (my ex school). I know many wld probably be quite envious of our case, but to us distance is a big consideration as we're staying in Sengkang. No matter which school we choose, our boy wld need to travel at least 20-30min even by car, depending on traffic. We wld prefer him to spend as little time as possible on travelling so as not to tire him out.
In the meantime, we're staying at just <50m away from Rivervale Primary school (in fact, my blk is attached to the back gate of the school & one does not even need to get any rain/shine at all!), and also <500m away from Mee Toh school. Ideally, we wld like to put my boy to either of these 2 schools, esp for Rivervale Primary based on distance. Besides, the standard of these 2 neighbourhood schools are not much inferior to Poi Ching or Ai Tong. So, it just does not make any sense for my boy to travel far. However, past balloting history has shown that both Rivervale & Mee Toh need balloting in p2C even if staying <1km. Unfortunately I cld not spare the time to do PV or grassroot acitivities as I just gave birth 1 yr ago which was exactly the period where PV/community services commence.
Hence, now our options are:
1) apply for Poi Ching under p2A2 as Tampines is nearer to Sengkang than Bishan,
2) apply for Ai Tong under p2A2 as this school seems to be more popular than Poi Ching,
3) take the risk & apply under p2C for either Rivervale Primary or Mee Toh, which involves applying for p2A2 first then closely monitoring the situation in these 2 schools. Pretty risky option as there may be last minute surge in demand for day 3 of p2C. I suppose there're many other parents also doing the same or similar thing too rite?
Thanks a lot for reading my long soap opera story... :oops: -
RE: Ai Tong
Hi Sock,
I’m trying to decide whether to send my boy to Poi Ching in Tampines or Ai Tong in Bishan next year. We qualify for both schools under p2A2 but distance is a consideration for us as we’re staying in Sengkang. If I can find a solution to this, we may consider Ai Tong too, but I’d reckon that chances are higher that we’ll choose Poi Ching…Do u intend to take the school bus option or are u able to drive yrself? -
RE: 2010 P1 Registration Exercise for 2011 In-Take
Hi, pls help to advise if I qualify to apply for any other phase earlier than p2C if I’m an old gal of 1 school under the SHHK, but wish to apply for another SHHK school that’s much nearer to my house. (Unfortunately, we’re not members of the SHHK itself & can’t apply to be as neither hubby nor me is hokkien). I’ve read thru many threads & topics but so far havnt seen this scenario before. Anyone has any experience or hv frens with similar experience pls? Big Thank you in advance for yr advice/guidance!
-
Mummy blurmommy : Greetings to all!
Big Hello to all parents here!
I’m a SAHM with 2 boys, elder one 5 yrs 11 mths & younger one 13mths.
Wish I had discovered this site & forum earlier, as my elder boy is due for this round of P1 registration…Thus trying to ‘burn midnite oil’ by reading up all relevent threads/topics in order to pick up more tips & strategies haha…