Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login
    1. Home
    2. bridesep
    3. Posts
    B
    Offline
    • Profile
    • Following 0
    • Followers 0
    • Topics 0
    • Posts 145
    • Groups 0

    Posts

    Recent Best Controversial
    • RE: Catholic High (Primary)

      sembgal:
      bridesep:

      May I know where I can take a look at the 2014 P4 textbook list? I am still anxiously awaiting outome of our transfer appln to CHP, which will be mid Dec.... :(. Thanks for help !


      http://www.popular.com.sg/textbook/annualordering/?rec-limit=limit+0%2C+4&ao-school=CATHOLIC+HIGH+SCHOOL+%28PRIMARY%29&ao-level=Primary+4

      Thanks, Sembgal. Hmmm.... the Math and Science books are very diff from those used by DS' current school.......

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      B
      bridesep
    • RE: Catholic High (Primary)

      firefly38:
      bridesep:

      May I know where I can take a look at the 2014 P4 textbook list? I am still anxiously awaiting outome of our transfer appln to CHP, which will be mid Dec.... :(. Thanks for help !


      The Booklist is not posted online. You can take a look at it at the school bookshop, if you don't mind making a trip to the school.

      You should be receiving news of the outcome of your transfer anytime from now. I recall receiving a call from Mr Lee, sometime end of Nov (3 years ago)..

      All The Best ! Remember to share the good news with us here !! šŸ˜„

      Thanks, Firefly38. Am impressed that the Principal himself called! Was told that the outcome will be known in early Dec. But now pushed to mid Dec as the VP is on leave. Also, they will notify only the successful pupils, so that means i have to keep calling...

      Btw, does CHP use Shaping Math as the Math textbook? Can parents of P4 kindy advise the Science curriculum in terms of topics taught? Am concern if we will miss out any topics as my DS' current school covered Diversity, Magnets and Sytems in P3. Thanks again for all the helpful responses. :imcool:

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      B
      bridesep
    • RE: Catholic High (Primary)

      May I know where I can take a look at the 2014 P4 textbook list? I am still anxiously awaiting outome of our transfer appln to CHP, which will be mid Dec.... :(. Thanks for help !

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      B
      bridesep
    • RE: Catholic High (Primary)

      firefly38:
      bridesep:


      Dear parents

      My DS is not from CHP but I have intention to transfer him. May I know how current parents feel about the school? Is there any advice from current parents in terms of homework load, school culture? Does CHP offer volleyball as a creational CCA? What is CHP's niche CCA? Thanks in advance, very eager to know more about the school. šŸ™‚

      To answer your questions..

      - Is there any advice from current parents in terms of homework load, school culture?

      Homework load is reasonable & manageable. The boys seem to do most of their work in school (eg.compos), hence they don't have a lot of work to do at home.

      - Does CHP offer volleyball as a creational CCA?

      Most sports CCAs used to have school team (meet 2x a week) & recreation (meet 1x per week). There have been some changes lately. Please check with school.

      - What is CHP's niche CCA?

      Sports & Aesthetics. Debate too. CHS places great emphasis on CCAs, besides academics.

      You can visit the school's website for more information. You can also read through this thread, if you have the time..

      http://www.catholichigh.moe.edu.sg/CHSWeb/

      Thanks, Firefly38. I am waiting for the school to revert wrt to our transfer application. šŸ™‚

      I read about the recent thread of \"top class\". Back in my son's current school (and I believe is common among many schools), there is no streaming but a reallocation of classes at P3. This is to allow pupils to get to know more pupils and make more friends. The only streaming is at P5 when the pupils are allocated to the classses according to the pupils' ability. This is to allow the teachers to pay more attention to the weaker classes and they have many more remedia classes for the weaker students and to better prepare them for PSLE. It is more to help the pupils and not so much to promote elitism. So back to CHP, with the recent change, there wont be any reallocation of classes at all? So pupils dont get to change classes all the way from P1 to P6 ? Just trying to understand the system. Tks, parents for sharing.

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      B
      bridesep
    • RE: Catholic High (Primary)

      nukewind:
      Did u check with the school bus driver? The school general office can give u the contacts

      Ok, thanks. I will check after i know my request for transfer is successful. šŸ˜‰

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      B
      bridesep
    • RE: Catholic High (Primary)

      Dear parents


      May i know if there is school bus plying to Lorong Chuan and Serangoon Ave 3 currently? If parents are currently taking that transport, can pls advise the cost for 2 trips and 1 trip please?

      Thank you !

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      B
      bridesep
    • RE: Catholic High (Primary)

      Dear parents


      My DS is not from CHP but I have intention to transfer him. May I know how current parents feel about the school? Is there any advice from current parents in terms of homework load, school culture? Does CHP offer volleyball as a creational CCA? What is CHP's niche CCA? Thanks in advance, very eager to know more about the school. šŸ™‚

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      B
      bridesep
    • RE: GEP 2013 - Screening & Selection

      bridesep:
      My DS did not get in. In fact, nobody from his class got in. Congrats those who made it. Feel happy for them šŸ™‚


      May I know if CEH has any inhouse GEP program. All this while, have been wanting to transfer my DS there. Thought of giving it a shot to apply for transfer. Does any parent know what is the process and if approval has to be sought from the current school?
      Sorry for the typo. I mean CHP (Cath High Primary)

      posted in GEP
      B
      bridesep
    • RE: GEP 2013 - Screening & Selection

      My DS did not get in. In fact, nobody from his class got in. Congrats those who made it. Feel happy for them šŸ™‚


      May I know if CEH has any inhouse GEP program. All this while, have been wanting to transfer my DS there. Thought of giving it a shot to apply for transfer. Does any parent know what is the process and if approval has to be sought from the current school?

      posted in GEP
      B
      bridesep
    • RE: Pei Chun Public

      minmin27:
      Hi mummies, my boy is in p2 this year. Can I check how do they stream the kids into sports class or individual classes next year, p3? I just found out today that they have selected the students for basketball and volleyball and my boy said that this group will go for basketball and volleyball training. How do they determine this group of students can cope well academically and with the cca? The information given is very vague. My boy hope to be selected for wushu or basketball. I have no idea how to prepare my boy to ensure his selection for cca and him being in the right class. Can any mummies advise?

      At the end of p3, some pupils will be offered to go to Sports class for volleyball, basketball and table tennis (these are called niche CCA, no sure about wushu and chinese orchestra, also niche). The selection is carried out during PE lessons. There are 2 sports classes at p3 and p4. Come P5, there will only be 1 sports class, so there is another round of selection at end of p4. At p3, non sports class pupils are randomly put into the different classes. Those in sports class may be strong or weak academically. Come p5, the academically strong school team pupils will still go to 5A and 5B. The reason for putting the pupils in sports class is for better time management. These classes have special PE lesson (to practise their niche CCA) once or twice a week (cannot remember) while the rest do normal PE.

      The pupils in sports class have once a week practice after school hours. Need to go back during the school holidays for practice. At P4, the volley ball pupils will have more practice as they have tournaments, no tournament in P3. I can only share about VB, not sure about basketball and table tennis.

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      B
      bridesep
    • 1 / 1
      About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy