Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login
    1. Home
    2. Cantabile
    3. Posts
    C
    Offline
    • Profile
    • Following 0
    • Followers 0
    • Topics 0
    • Posts 69
    • Groups 0

    Posts

    Recent Best Controversial
    • RE: * Hwa Chong Institution (HCI) - College

      I wonder what the Chem paper will be like tomorrow.

      posted in Tertiary Education - A-Levels
      C
      Cantabile
    • RE: * Yishun Innova JC (YIJC)

      Thanks so much! I’ll forward the link to my son.

      posted in Tertiary Education - A-Levels
      C
      Cantabile
    • RE: * Yishun Innova JC (YIJC)

      How was H2 Maths paper today?

      posted in Tertiary Education - A-Levels
      C
      Cantabile
    • RE: * Yishun Innova JC (YIJC)

      How was H2 Maths paper today?

      posted in Tertiary Education - A-Levels
      C
      Cantabile
    • RE: * Yishun Innova JC (YIJC)

      How was H2 Maths paper today?

      posted in Tertiary Education - A-Levels
      C
      Cantabile
    • RE: * Hwa Chong Institution (HCI) - College

      Wow. That's insightful. Thanks, thefire1. I wonder what Chemistry Paper 3 will be like this Friday. :scratchhead:

      posted in Tertiary Education - A-Levels
      C
      Cantabile
    • RE: * Hwa Chong Institution (HCI) - College

      How was Chemistry Paper 2 today? Ive heard that some of the questions were rather unusual? Any comments about the paper?

      posted in Tertiary Education - A-Levels
      C
      Cantabile
    • RE: Should I study medicine?

      Where are you studying Medicine?

      Do you have any advice for anyone wishing to study in the U.K.? What’s the estimated cost? What are the minimum grades?

      posted in Tertiary Education - A-Levels
      C
      Cantabile
    • RE: Raffles Girls' School (Secondary) [*IP]

      Hi, what do you think is the likely psle cutoff for the school this year? I realised that the cutoff for the top 10% isn't fixed at 250. This year's was 252 as only those who 252 onwards are offered third lang. :?

      posted in Secondary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      C
      Cantabile
    • RE: DSA 2015

      Go for it:
      Hi, I'm super new to posting here but I've been following the posts. I just wanted to share my story to hopefully help some parents not to be too disappointed if your DC is not successful in DSA.


      My DS1 never did well in primary school. In fact, he was always in the last class in his cohort, even failing his PSLE prelims. Thankfully, he managed a mere 189 for his PSLE. He then got posted to Express Stream in a neighborhood school (Kent Ridge Secondary). He continued to do rather badly initially until Sec 3 when he did an about-turn. From then on, he started to do well and managed an outstanding 10 pts for his O Levels. Now? He has graduated with a Diploma from Poly.

      My DS2 almost always just scrapped through for everything. 50 marks is always 'very good' to him. He managed to get 201 for his PSLE, also went to Kent Ridge Secondary and obtained 15 pts for his O Levels. Now, he's in final year at Poly.

      My DS3 is doing PSLE this year. He has always done well compared to DS1 and DS2. I feel that my expectations of him is very high. But come to think about it, why should it be? Whichever school he goes to, as long as the school advocates good character building, I'm sure he will be able to find his own route.

      As parents, we all want the best for our DC. But sometimes, what we think is the best may not be suitable for them. As long as they don't go astray, I'm sure things will turn out well for them. We can only help and advise so much. Ultimately, we can't protect them forever. They have to learn and find their own road in life.

      What I'm trying to say is, if we try to get our DC into schools that they cannot cope with, they will be miserable and struggling to keep up. After all, they are just starting their teen years. Let them enjoy their Secondary school years. I'm sure that for many of us, those were one of the best years in our lives and real friendships were formed then.

      All the best to all your DC PSLE exams.

      Hope my story and thoughts are not boring. :roll: :xedfingers:
      Thank you for your heartfelt sharing! :salute:

      Education is a marathon, not a sprint. As parents, we can't and will not stop rooting for our DCs.

      posted in Secondary Schools - Selection
      C
      Cantabile
    • 1
    • 2
    • 3
    • 4
    • 5
    • 6
    • 7
    • 3 / 7
      About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy