Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login
    1. Home
    2. casio123
    3. Posts
    C
    Offline
    • Profile
    • Following 0
    • Followers 0
    • Topics 0
    • Posts 17
    • Groups 0

    Posts

    Recent Best Controversial
    • RE: how to improve ur child's working memory?

      slmkhoo:
      Nebbermind:

      Back to topic...were u all so hardworking and focus?!!


      Unfortunately for my daughter, both my husband and I were pretty model students. We were quite hard on my girl in the early years as we thought she was uncooperative and disobedient, but it didn't gel with what we could see of her overall attitude and personality. It was only as we read up more we realised that we really had a 'special' kid on our hands. Helping her through the years (she's 15yo now) has taught me a lot which I never knew about kids who struggle in school and in life.

      I have two special kids. I only realise it when my DS2 was in P1. Which trigger me to asess my DS1 who were also diagnosed with ADHD. It is very tough. But as time passes I learn to accept it.

      posted in Working With Your Child
      C
      casio123
    • RE: JEI/PSLE Math - Discussion

      montue81:
      Hi mummies and daddies,


      Anyone can advise me how JEI is compared to Enopi? My DD in K2.

      Thanks a million!
      My DD is in JEI Marine Parade branch. I have not put my child in Enopi before. But I heard from a fellow mummy who shared with me that Enopi is more rigid in assigning books. Sorry that all I know about Enopi.

      JEI books are assigned based on the child area of weaknesses. The trainers in the Marine Parade branch are also flexible and accomodative. I had asked for some extra help for my DD on solving operations with missing numbers. The next week when I was there they said their programme developers had developed some worksheets on missing numbers!

      šŸ™‚

      posted in Mathematics
      C
      casio123
    • RE: JEI/PSLE Math - Discussion

      Hi,


      I was at JEI PSLEMATH last weekend. The material looks interesting. Thinking of putting my P3 there. Any latest feedback?

      posted in Mathematics
      C
      casio123
    • RE: Lollipop Art Studio @ Bangkit

      I am quite interested too.

      posted in Art & Craft
      C
      casio123
    • RE: JEI/PSLE Math - Discussion

      JEI PSLE MATH:
      Model Drawing truly test the understanding of concepts

      Below are five examples of 5 different questions with 5 different models showing 5 different concepts and all having the same number statement as the answer.
      http://i56.tinypic.com/14o9b9d.jpg\">
      http://i56.tinypic.com/24v5weo.jpg\">
      Thanks. So many perspective for something simple.

      posted in Mathematics
      C
      casio123
    • RE: Eye Level Education Centre (aka Enopi) - Discussion

      24hr-mum:
      aug last year to feb this year.

      it helped my boy to kickstart and from nil, he learnt how to do addition quite fast in his heart cos he knew the numbrline well. but i switch to mpm and later jei cos enopi square 2 kept repeating the bks and the sums too easy already
      Hi 24hr Mum,

      Wow! Its very head scratching to look for the right centre. I fully agree with you. If my children is obedient, I will be able to teach. I have come to realised that teaching my own kids is extremely time inefficient. Not that I am stupid or poor in Math, but I spend half the time managing my DS and DD cheeky nonsenses.

      I think different centre had it strength and is suitable for different needs. Of the three that you have tried, MPM, Enopi and JEI, which one is more relevant to MOE? šŸ˜‚ I'm a very practical mummy :oops:

      posted in Mathematics
      C
      casio123
    • RE: Eye Level Education Centre (aka Enopi) - Discussion

      24hr-mum:
      not the abacus type.

      they learn mental sums in the sense that after the drilling, they know the number line mentally and can do mental addition
      Hi 24hr-mum,

      Great sharing! How long have your child been with Enopi? Which branch?

      Thanks!

      posted in Mathematics
      C
      casio123
    • 1 / 1
      About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy