Hi my daughter is in the orchard branch now. In p2. She has been going there since N2.
Thinking of moving to Bishan for logistics. Any good teachers to recommend?
She has weekend slot at orchard now so am very careful abt giving up... :roll:
Thanks in advance!!!
Posts
-
RE: Tien Hsia - Discussion
-
RE: CHIJ Primary (Toa Payoh)
imama:
Thank you! :thankyou:I understand from my girl's Chinese teacher that there are a total of 6 CL classes and they are all core classes, just that girls in C1 and C2 are those with higher ability and the teachers will cover more vocabulary in their teaching when they teach the extra chapter under 深广. C3 and C4 will not cover the chapter under 深广; while C5 and C6 are girls who require more support from the teachers.
However, all the girls will sit for the same paper at the end of the year, regardless of their classes.
The % of P1 students going to HCL differs from year to year, depending on the performance of the cohort. So I guess HCL classes will only be confirmed at year end. -
RE: CHIJ Primary (Toa Payoh)
P1s have already been streamed into different Chinese classes after June hols. How often will they be streamed and when will the classes be confirmed for higher Chinese for psle?
Thanks! -
RE: CHIJ Primary (Toa Payoh)
Hi my DD started in P1 Violet.
She has PAL tmr… What’s that? Does she need to be in PE attire?
Thanks in advance! -
RE: 2012 P1 Registration Exercise for 2013 In-Take
KLing:
Hi, anyone can tell me WHEN & WHY need to do withdrawal?
Hi!
For me I have been advised to register as old girl in my old school CHIJ Kellock under Phase 2A then monitor the situation at my school of choice CHIJ TP under Phase 2B of which I am under 1km.
So if it looks like I am certain of a place in CHIJ TP during the registration on July 19&20, I will have to withdraw from CHIJ Kellock to register at CHIJ TP.
That's why I was asking about the docs req for withdrawal and also the info provided during registration to make a better decision.
Hope this helps! -
RE: 2012 P1 Registration Exercise for 2013 In-Take
phtthp:
so far, MOE did not post detailed breakdown info by distance on website(< 1 km, < 2 km, > 2km), for ALL schools.
However, on actual registration Day, you can call up the respective school discreetly find out. The P1 registration duty officer will inform you.
Thank you!!! -
RE: 2012 P1 Registration Exercise for 2013 In-Take
Hi first post!
1. Does anyone know what documents are required to withdraw from a school?
Is it also both parents’ ICs?
Trying to plan logistics if one parent is at each school trying to assess vacancies. Would be tough if the parent at school I want to withdraw is holding two ICs then having to rush to the school of choice.
2. Does anyone know what kind of info the school will provide at the registration?
For e.g. at Phase 2B, will they show what is the breakdown of applicants within 1km, 1-2km and more than 2km on that day? Because that will help greatly in deciding whether to try for the school or rush to another school where I still qualify for Phase 2B…
Thank you in advance!!!