Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login
    1. Home
    2. chic_savvy
    3. Posts
    C
    Offline
    • Profile
    • Following 0
    • Followers 0
    • Topics 5
    • Posts 102
    • Groups 0

    Posts

    Recent Best Controversial
    • RE: Mummy chic_savvy: I'm a newbie here but I'm not Kiasu! LOL

      mathsparks:
      chic_savvy:

      [quote=\"mathsparks\"]:welcome: chic_savvy, you sure look chic!


      So, which school is your child/you eyeing for?

      Erm.. spare me the repeatance please hahaha :oops: It's in the other thread I posted šŸ™‚ But to answer your prompt question, I'm eyeing for CHIJ OLN šŸ˜‰

      sometimes must repeat mah. we dont look at all threads, see? Anyway, good luck with yr pv at chij oln.[/quote]šŸ™‚

      posted in Newbies & Clubs
      C
      chic_savvy
    • RE: Choosing and Evaluating Primary Schools

      Oh yes, it started off with...


      \"Hi, I'm calling to enquire about PV.\"

      \"Sure, for which year enrollment mam?\"

      \"It's for 2011 P1.\"

      \"Ok, you can come down to our school and collect the form to fill up your application.\" - mumbling to herself for a while like calculating something.

      Then I asked if they have any online application or attachment to download, which they dun. So I have to go down personally and register.

      \"Mam you must at least fufill 40 hours of PV ok.\"

      \"Yap, I'm aware, thanks.\"

      And she told me I could go down anytime from tmr (which is half day) or from next week on.

      Voila! šŸ˜‰

      posted in Primary Schools - Selection & Registration
      C
      chic_savvy
    • RE: Mummy chic_savvy: I'm a newbie here but I'm not Kiasu! LOL

      mathsparks:
      :welcome: chic_savvy, you sure look chic!


      So, which school is your child/you eyeing for?
      Erm.. spare me the repeatance please hahaha :oops: It's in the other thread I posted šŸ™‚ But to answer your prompt question, I'm eyeing for CHIJ OLN šŸ˜‰

      posted in Newbies & Clubs
      C
      chic_savvy
    • RE: Mummy chic_savvy: I'm a newbie here but I'm not Kiasu! LOL

      I love this site! People so helpfu and warmth šŸ™‚


      Well unlike some forums I've seen.. so kudos!

      posted in Newbies & Clubs
      C
      chic_savvy
    • RE: Choosing and Evaluating Primary Schools

      Huh? Really?? šŸ˜ž But I called CHIJ OLN this early noon and the lady told me to personally go to their school and pick up the application form. Ermm so I assumed it's still not late? šŸ™


      Anyways fingers cross lor.. šŸ™‚

      posted in Primary Schools - Selection & Registration
      C
      chic_savvy
    • RE: Mummy chic_savvy: I'm a newbie here but I'm not Kiasu! LOL

      autumnbronze:
      :rahrah: :welcome: :welcome: :rahrah: chic_savvy ... šŸ˜„

      šŸ˜‰

      posted in Newbies & Clubs
      C
      chic_savvy
    • RE: Mummy chic_savvy: I'm a newbie here but I'm not Kiasu! LOL

      Hahahaha! I have no choice over the selection of the forum name do I? Lol! Well and the fact that people living in Singapore is err.. infamous for their kiasuness šŸ˜‰ So yeah, I'm in! Only in this forum... Not during sale, not hello kitty 'Qs'... šŸ˜›

      posted in Newbies & Clubs
      C
      chic_savvy
    • Mummy chic_savvy: I'm a newbie here but I'm not Kiasu! LOL

      Hey parents, a lil about myself here. I just joined Kiasu yesterday because I need to find out more (I mean a lot!) about my girl's upcoming P1 registration. Thank god that this site is filled with good knowledge of information, especially for a complete-idiot mum like me šŸ˜›


      So yeah, I think I'm gona stay around for a bit now since after primary there is secondary lol. So see you around parents šŸ™‚

      posted in Newbies & Clubs
      C
      chic_savvy
    • RE: Choosing and Evaluating Primary Schools

      Thank you so much for your advices. It gave me a better idea on how I should start. And yes, I am also aware that the registration for P1 in 2011 is in mid 2010 šŸ˜› That's why now I am ready (kiasu) to become a PV kekeke.


      Actually though I was a former student from OEPS, the distance travelling could pose a problem at times. Why I said that is because:

      1) Actually I am residing in Sengkang now BUT we have businesses running in Siglap so that's not too bad. But then again, sometime working hours might clashes. Having said that, the hours for preparation to school will also have to be planned even earlier.

      2) We have plans to buy a private estate around that area (if our business for the next 1 year is very huat lah haha) but then it's not something concrete and confirm so back to point 1 that is my main concern.


      In fact CHIJ's distance is nearer to us compared to OEPS. My parents house is also in Sengkang so in any case that I am unable to send or fetch, it's easier to get help from them šŸ™‚

      As for my son's future P1 registration, my husband already has plans to send him to St. Andrews cos he was a former student there šŸ™‚

      So that's why the 3 choices of schools and the confusions! OEPS has a higher chance of getting a placing but distance, NanChiau is absolutely fine, near to my place (and my mum's), good grades and reputation (and I'm a hokkien!) but some how the enthusiam is not there if you know what I mean and finally CHIJ, well like her to be one-gender school cos she likes to play rough and the boys at kindergarten also likes to play with her so hope she could be more feminine after going there (silly rite hahaha). And most of all, I appreciate biblical teachings even though I'm a free thinker.

      I'll show my husband tonite on all your kind advices then see what the man says lor hahaha

      Oh and so sorry, I will report my \"enrollment\" in the newbie thread šŸ˜›

      posted in Primary Schools - Selection & Registration
      C
      chic_savvy
    • 1
    • 2
    • 7
    • 8
    • 9
    • 10
    • 11
    • 10 / 11
      About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy