Bless u..:I am sure there is demand for the student care (SC) as most of us are working parents. Saw the SC rooms, still not completed yet. Likely will be in operation next year according to school. Another question is how many students can the SC accomodate. Wonder why Sengkang Green Pri can start their SC so soon.Bless u.. wrote:
so so mummy - was thinking to find a reliable taxi driver to help. Still looking for it. There was a student from Palm view,her father was a taxi driver and will fetch her at school everyday. Asked his help before. But too bad, his taxi was fully booked.
Hi Bless u
What a lucky student to be fetched by daddy and so nice of him to extend it to others! It is a good idea, just not easy to book 1. Hope you find a solution soon ~ did you put yourself in his waiting list in case someone back out
Ps : operator had transferred my ds to a mini 〜 yes more exp and no choice gotta accept as distance cut by half ~~
Btw do you stay in hougang cos tot there are few student care near school? And is the school starting student care soon with enough demand?
Hi So So Mummy,
My husband office was near to hougang, is more convenience for us to fetch her after work。 Asked the school about the student care, but been told that wont start so fast。This year might not be able to start。 Hope can put her in the school‘s student care, so that can save on the bus fees and travelling time。
Posts
-
RE: Palm View Primary
-
RE: Palm View Primary
It’s a worksheet. Suppose to draw some farm animals on it n colour. It seems that the school is using worksheets but the problem is it comes in loose sheet and is easily misplaced.
-
RE: Palm View Primary
cyranocrash:
I'm beginning to dread weekends now. School starts giving homework on Fridays for the weekend. It's taking our precious weekend family activities away!!!!.. hahahahahhaha.
Ya. My son told me he forgot to colour the farm sheet at 10pm last night. Looks like more to come...... :slapshead: -
RE: Palm View Primary
SoSoMom:
Congrats for successfully transferring your ds to a mini. So how much do u pay now?Bless u..:
so so mummy - was thinking to find a reliable taxi driver to help. Still looking for it. There was a student from Palm view,her father was a taxi driver and will fetch her at school everyday. Asked his help before. But :idea: too bad, his taxi was fully booked.
Hi Bless u
What a lucky student to be fetched by daddy and so nice of him to extend it to others! It is a good idea, just not easy to book 1. Hope you find a solution soon ~ did you put yourself in his waiting list in case someone back out
Ps : operator had transferred my ds to a mini 〜 yes more exp and no choice gotta accept as distance cut by half ~~
Btw do you stay in hougang cos tot there are few student care near school? And is the school starting student care soon with enough demand? -
RE: Palm View Primary
cyranocrash:
Only the 3 new schools in Sengkang were involved in the roadshow. I missed it. So had to attend the seminar which featured about 10 schools in Sengkang.there was a combined seminar?
How come I was not aware of it?.. hmmmmmmm -
RE: Palm View Primary
cyranocrash:
Just curious.. is PVPS your first choice or did you opt for PVPS after you have tried other schools in the earlier phases?
PV is my first choice of school. Reason for choosing this school is the principal Mr Chua. I missed the roadshow in Jul 12 and could only attend the combined seminar at North Spring. After hearing his views and chatting with him, decided to go for it. Noted that he has an art background and think he will likely integrate it into the curriculum to make it more fun and enjoyable. Hoping to see a more holistic approach. :rahrah: -
RE: Palm View Primary
SoSoMom:
[/quote][/quote]I am charged $160 for taking 2 ways for a 11-15 seater. I am staying at the Rivervale area(within 1 km) from the school and the school bus heads for the student care near Hougang Mall after school. Personally I find the fees to be ridiculously high compared to the market rate of around $90-100. Can parents share your view? For a more meaningful comparison, pse state the followings:
a. boarding and alighting point
b. number of seaters
c. 1 or 2 way.
Appreciate any comment. Thanks.
What is the pick up and drop time?
Hi, we are charge $100 for one way, from school to anchorvale. It is a 5-10 mins drive by car. The mini bus usually alights him 15-20mins after school dismissal.
Initially, we were charged $75 (45 seater) for one way, but he will take
Thanks for your input. Your rate of $100 for 1 way sounds more reasonable than mine. I understand that there is a difference between 23 seaters and 45 seaters but still feel that the fees are too high. Anyway I have written to the school. Hopefully can hear from other parents as well.
Hi
Me worst, last to alight from the big bus and it takes approx 1hr10mins (he reach home 240pm) to arrive! Had called transport company since day 1 and today we called to hear from Jack that nothing can be done after telling us to wait and wait for their reply on changing the routes or to another mini bus!
Today he sounds blunt, b4 he was fine while trying to stall for time. Very disappointed. Ds keep on telling me he is tired, cold and hungry when he alight from bus. He was told not to eat his bread in the bus.
We called school and they said nothing can be done at this point. And just today, I noticed only 1 kid left in the bus and asked where are the rest (my boy supposedly is the 29 to alight out Of the 40kids) meaning,10+ kids have changed their bus. Bus driver & auntie confirmed this.
So I realized they have finalized everything and status quo for my ds now.
My boy already sick since last fri (I knew he will as he can't endure the long bus journey), he is someone who has almost never missed a lesson in k2 as seldom sick!
Anyone has anymore suggestions pls.
I can't fetch him as I hv toddlers at home... Otherwise I would as I know the tiring bus journey is going to hinder his thinking abilities & concentration in school.
$70 for 1way to Rivervale end area[/quote]
Isn't it better now that 10+ kids transferred to other bus? The time taken for your child to reach home should be much faster now. -
RE: Palm View Primary
cyranocrash:
As far as I know, this uniform will be used for PE and lessons now but subsequently the school will come out with a formal attire.icedlemontea - Honestly the uniform is one of the top reasons why I chose PVPS. I like the vibrant colour.. i like the sporty look!
Blissedsher - They have been asking for inputs from the roadshow days. I don think this is a temp uniform. Doesn't make sense to come up with temp uniforms. Why.. u don't you like the uniform?
-
RE: Palm View Primary
icedlemontea:
Hi, we are charge $100 for one way, from school to anchorvale. It is a 5-10 mins drive by car. The mini bus usually alights him 15-20mins after school dismissal.
What is the pick up and drop time?Nandiniim28:
[quote=\"ctmy\"]Need some feed back from parents whose child is taking the school bus. How do u find the fees?
I am charged $160 for taking 2 ways for a 11-15 seater. I am staying at the Rivervale area(within 1 km) from the school and the school bus heads for the student care near Hougang Mall after school. Personally I find the fees to be ridiculously high compared to the market rate of around $90-100. Can parents share your view? For a more meaningful comparison, pse state the followings:
a. boarding and alighting point
b. number of seaters
c. 1 or 2 way.
Appreciate any comment. Thanks.
Initially, we were charged $75 (45 seater) for one way, but he will take an hour to reach home. (compassvale bow - rivervale - fernvale - anchorvale) if im not wrong. Then the operator called and checked if we are willing to pay more, he will cater one more mini bus just for the pupils living in anchorvale, and also mentioned that he is doing it at a loss no matter how much he charges us.
Hope the above infor helps.[/quote]
Thanks for your input. Your rate of $100 for 1 way sounds more reasonable than mine. I understand that there is a difference between 23 seaters and 45 seaters but still feel that the fees are too high. Anyway I have written to the school. Hopefully can hear from other parents as well. -
RE: Palm View Primary
cyranocrash:
I tink that is quite the standard rate for a mini bus. The big 45-seater bus will be significantly cheaper.. but that will also mean your child will go on a merry-go-round before reaching home.
May I know how much u pay for the school bus and how many seater is it? Thanks.