Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login
    1. Home
    2. DesertWind
    3. Posts
    Offline
    • Profile
    • Following 0
    • Followers 0
    • Topics 5
    • Posts 1,814
    • Groups 0

    Posts

    Recent Best Controversial
    • RE: Pat's Schoolhouse

      mtdt:
      glad to find tis thread... am also looking at pats whitley...

      but seems like ur kids only starting next year?

      any comments abt the teachers there?
      Hello! šŸ˜„ For my case I just met one Chinese teacher during the Saturday I went to visit. I understand the teachers are new since this is a new centre. My concern would be whether they can implement Pat's programme correctly and follow Pat's philosophy. I hope since my kid is starting next year they would be more seasoned by then!

      Chief concern during my search was the VACANCY issue hence got to make up our mind asap. Do go down personally to take a look during lesson time so that you can get an idea! Cheers! šŸ˜„

      posted in Playgroups
      DesertWindD
      DesertWind
    • RE: Pat's Schoolhouse

      friednemo:
      DesertWind:

      I have sorta confirmed my son's place at Pats Whitley.

      šŸ˜„

      Hi, I have just registered for my son at Pats Whitley as well for next year Nursery. How about you? This centre, being new, is very pleasing and I love the large music room - hope they really make full use of this for the kids! šŸ˜„

      Yeah. Maybe next year we can see each other at the school? I am not staying near there. :celebrate:



      Sure, see you around the school next year! šŸ˜‰

      posted in Playgroups
      DesertWindD
      DesertWind
    • RE: Pat's Schoolhouse

      littlebubble2000:
      [quote] hi,

      i understand pat's schoolhouse at whitley branch is newly opened. any feedback so far on the teachers there?
      thanks ! (supermom)
      Supermom, my son was moved to Whitley for a few weeks last year whilst his branch was being renovated. I don't know about the teachers, but I do have an opinion about the location.

      If you are driving yourself - then you should know that the drop off is rather inconvenient. The road leading into the school is a dead end. The road is narrow and there is little parking space and few waiting areas.
      If you are thinking of Whitley, maybe you should also consider Buckley?


      My son is at Claymore and he loves it there.[/quote]

      Hello, I just visited Pat - Whitley and totally understand what you are saying. However understand from the P that they are trying to open a gate at the back next to CJC so that parents can do the drop off/pick up from the other side instead of the main gate. Long waiting list at Buckley and Halifax no chance of getting in unless you have other priorities ie. siblings / from Baby Haven. Cheers! šŸ˜‰

      posted in Playgroups
      DesertWindD
      DesertWind
    • RE: Pat's Schoolhouse

      friednemo:
      Hi Mummies,

      I have sorta confirmed my son's place at Pats Whitley.
      šŸ˜„

      Hi, I have just registered for my son at Pats Whitley as well for next year Nursery. How about you? This centre, being new, is very pleasing and I love the large music room - hope they really make full use of this for the kids!

      The past couple of months searching for a play-based pre-school for my son has been extremely stressful. I searched the web and narrow down to Little Skoolhouse, Learning Vision, Kinderland and YMCA. Firstly I was quite surprise at the prices as they are not cheap ie. ranging between SGD700 to SGD1,000. Secondly I was even more surprised that all these places are fully packed with no vacancies at all!

      After I gave up on all these places, I decided to go \"up market\" to Patschoolhouse since I thought being \"up market\", surely there must be vacancies right? WRONG! I called Halifax and Buckley and was rejected straightaway due to long waiting list. Was deciding between Pat Mount Emily who is accepting registration now or Pat Whitley which is nearer my place. Finally just go with Pat Whitley who can confirm a place for me already for next year!

      During the process of search, I am actually \"humbled\" by the realization that there are so many parents who will spare at nothing to send their children to the very best schools. Indeed money does not seem to be an issue. Compared to my initial attitude that we should not spend so much at the outset until my son has problem paying attention in his \"traditional\" childcare class and I believe learn nothing during the 6 months there, I realise and immensely grateful to Pat's wisdom for setting up a play-based school!

      Enough sharing for now! šŸ˜„

      posted in Playgroups
      DesertWindD
      DesertWind
    • 1 / 1
      About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy