Not sure where to post this, I hope it’s thread appropriate here.
My son is studying K1 in a regular kindy and so now is the school hols. We paid for next term’s fees before school closed.
I have been a sahm since I was pregnant with him and out of a sudden, I decided to go back to work and almost immediately got a job offer through my contact. I have to start work in July and since there’s no one else that could care for my son, I will have to put him in a full day childcare.
I contacted the school and they said they do not issue refunds. I said I thought I was suppose to give just 1 month notice and they said that’s for the $100 deposit I placed. So now, even though the term hasn’t yet commenced, they won’t even refund me on the full term fees I had paid.
Is this the normal policy for all schools? So I just donated $1400 to the school for nothing? Doesn’t sound reasonable to me at all.
Please help.
Posts
-
No refund of fees for withdrawal from Kindy?
-
RE: All About Montessori
Hi, does anyone has anything to say about the following?
1. Singapore Montessori (thomson)
2. MMI (Brighthill)
Thank you. -
RE: All About Montessori
Bumping up this thread.
And also please post comments on MMI Brighthill. Thanks! -
RE: [Serangoon] Primary Schools
Hi all, between St Gabriels and Yangzheng, which would you prefer and why? All comments are appreciated. Thanks.
-
RE: [Ang Mo Kio] Primary Schools
Sigh, problem is firstly, dont know if I can get into PV programme. Secondly, since they are reducing intake, likely need to ballot for 2B even with PV. I think I am someone who would rather be sure than take such a risk. So I would be more comfortable moving into 1km of the target school.
-
RE: [Ang Mo Kio] Primary Schools
Thanks Jedamum, Nmhmum.
Actually now we ‘re within 2 km of Rosyth. So far, phase2B within 2km, all can get in w/o balloting. But I am concern that this will not be the case when the time comes since they’ll prob be reducing intake. Besides, not even sure if can get into PV prog.
Anyone thinks that we should stay on and try for Rosyth or move within 1km of Anderson?
Shopaholic, I dont know what to think of schools’ website because what is on there might not be what is the reality. -
RE: [Ang Mo Kio] Primary Schools
jedamum, thanks for your reply.
I thought maybe some schools might have a tradition, culture, for majority of students going to certain secondary schools after PSLE. Might also be due to results. I’m asking to gauge the results of Anderson.
BTW, when will all the schools be converted to single sessions? Does this mean that it will be even more competitive to get into the target schools? -
RE: [Ang Mo Kio] Primary Schools
Does anyone think that anderson primary is worth moving house for? Where can I get detailed PSLE results of schools and which sec schools do students from Anderson primary go to? Thanks!
-
RE: All About Montessori
hairuliza:
same here! I made an online enquiry and no reply yet. Where is their centre by the way? Do you know where it is near to?dozalot:
Any follow ups on the Sengkang MMI? I am keen on the enrichment playgroup.
Hi dozalot
I'm also keen on sending my son to Sengkang MMI, but more for their half day care playgroup programme.
I called them some time back & they say that I can just come on any weekday (no appointments needed) for a tour of the place, so I was pretty impressed by their confidence of not having to so-call 'prepare' for it.
They only said I'll need to make an appoinment if it's on a Sat.
However, recently, when I wrote an e-mail to enquire more, I didn't get any replies & have yet to receive it.
Tried calling them also, and no one picked up my call.
What made me feel worried was reading all the bad feedback too.