Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login
    1. Home
    2. fishball18
    3. Posts
    F
    Offline
    • Profile
    • Following 0
    • Followers 0
    • Topics 0
    • Posts 71
    • Groups 0

    Posts

    Recent Best Controversial
    • RE: Club Breadmakers

      dasalo:
      jtoh:

      dasalo, all my tangzhong recipes are in 1:5 proportion, so 25g bread flour to 125g water sounds right to me.


      Based on the hydration % from the recipe, it looks fine. It's about 80+% hydration. (ie. if the large egg is a 55g =+/- 30ml)

      Dunno where my wife got them. They look larger than normal
      The egg used is 60g I think cos the usual Seng Choon 55g size eggs are the common ones.
      I usually use large eggs (60g) for some cakes so I am quite familiar with the egg size

      posted in Newbies & Clubs
      F
      fishball18
    • RE: Club Breadmakers

      OK...just took a nap.... šŸ˜„


      I used the 65C TZ and 1st attempt resulted in softer bread as compared to using the KW recipe booklet.

      The Troubleshooting Guide for \"Collapsed while baking\" indicated warm humid weather is one of the possible causes. My kitchen is quite humid & stuffy. Fan is always running. It says to reduce liquid by 15ml/3tsp and reduce yeast by 1/4 tsp.

      Also, I opened the BM during the 2nd kneading to add the cranberries but not during baking.

      So, couple of options for later baking but which to take???
      1. Reduce liquid?
      For the yeast, I remembered reducing it to 1.5 tsp instead of 2.
      Not sure if I should revert to 2 tsp and reduce just the liquid.
      2. Change BM settings to 500g?
      3. Use 55g eggs?

      posted in Newbies & Clubs
      F
      fishball18
    • RE: Club Breadmakers

      dasalo:
      write me the proportion of your recipe. This looks like a too wet and too much yeast loaf.


      Oh yes, I forgot this is the tangzhong method.
      This was where I got the recipe from:

      http://yogilatte.blogspot.sg/2012/07/tangzhong-breadmaker-loaf.html

      I skipped #4 and my settings on the Kenwood was Program 1 and 700gm loaf instead of 500gm. Based on the user manual, 350gm flour used should be 500gm loaf setting but I agak-agak set to 700gm loaf setting cos of the tangzhong.
      I will try tonite with 500gm loaf-size setting

      posted in Newbies & Clubs
      F
      fishball18
    • RE: Club Breadmakers

      The insides....


      Pls critique...as I m learning. The taste is sooooo much better than KM recipe book. Fragrant n tasty. Better than 4Leaves cranberry bread...lol
      maybe I should reduce the yeast by a little??

      http://img18.imageshack.us/i/20130609125941.jpg/

      posted in Newbies & Clubs
      F
      fishball18
    • RE: Club Breadmakers

      I used this:


      http://img809.imageshack.us/i/20130609124931.jpg/

      posted in Newbies & Clubs
      F
      fishball18
    • RE: Club Breadmakers

      jtoh:
      The bottom of your bread is nice. No gaping hole formed by the blade. That's one of the features of your BM right? Did you check if your yeast is expired?

      Just bought SAF yeast from cold storage 2015 expiry
      As for the gaping hole, my 1st two attempts the kneader was 'buried' inside the bread n I to extract it out after baking leaving a gap. But top was still sunken.

      then I saw on youtube someone suggested to remove the kneader after final kneading n during rising. I tried this on my 3rd attempt

      posted in Newbies & Clubs
      F
      fishball18
    • RE: Club Breadmakers

      Bottom of loaf



      http://img441.imageshack.us/i/20130609123252.jpg/

      posted in Newbies & Clubs
      F
      fishball18
    • RE: Club Breadmakers

      jtoh:
      I have the zojirushi bm and have no prob getting a nice dome top. Did you add the ingredients exactly as described in the manual, plus heat settings etc?


      Did the bread have a dome shape then collapse? Or a dome shape was never formed?
      Dome shape was never formed...followed instructions ....all wets 1st, add flour , sugar n salt at the sides, yeast in flour well

      posted in Newbies & Clubs
      F
      fishball18
    • RE: Club Breadmakers

      jtoh:
      I have the zojirushi bm and have no prob getting a nice dome top. Did you add the ingredients exactly as described in the manual, plus heat settings etc?


      Did the bread have a dome shape then collapse? Or a dome shape was never formed?
      Dome shape was never formed...followed instructions ....all wets 1st, add flour , sugar n salt at the sides, yeast in flour well

      posted in Newbies & Clubs
      F
      fishball18
    • RE: Club Breadmakers

      My 3rd attempt and top is still sunken.....

      1st 2 attempts followed KW recipe
      3rd attempt using tangzhong recipe for BM

      any advice how to hv dome shaped top?

      http://img24.imageshack.us/i/20130609122522.jpg/

      posted in Newbies & Clubs
      F
      fishball18
    • 1 / 1
      About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy