Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login
    1. Home
    2. HappyFaye
    3. Posts
    H
    Offline
    • Profile
    • Following 0
    • Followers 0
    • Topics 6
    • Posts 103
    • Groups 0

    Posts

    Recent Best Controversial
    • RE: what do you do with your teenager during free time?

      Hi,


      I have a 14-yo boy and 2 youngers girls age 11 and 5. The teenager finds bored easily with the weekend activities we do together.

      Care to share what activities you do with your teenager especially boy?

      posted in Recess Time
      H
      HappyFaye
    • RE: Students died during PE lessons!

      I’m not sure if my own statistics was right - seems like majority of those who collapsed during exercise were men/boys?


      Heartache…

      posted in Recess Time
      H
      HappyFaye
    • RE: Secondary School Geography

      Hi, Anyone has good tutor to recommend for humanities subject? The tutor needs to be experienced in IP programme and preferably near north-east area. Thank you.

      posted in Secondary Schools - Academic Support
      H
      HappyFaye
    • RE: Preparing kids for P5 in 2011

      pixiedust:
      大姆指 - quite okay for my P5 NCL boy. I tried getting him to read daily chinese newspaper but it was an impossible task. Noted about BUZZ outlets (thanks). Anyone knows usually WHICH DAY OF THE WEEK will 大姆指 be out at the newstands ?

      They distribute to schools on every Monday and i assume they distribute to other outlet on Mondays too.

      posted in Primary 5
      H
      HappyFaye
    • RE: Preparing kids for P5 in 2011

      janet_lee88:
      I allowed my son to pontang once or twice before SA2. Time was very tight even though we started revision 1 month plus before. Since it was SA2 and teachers would have somewhat completed syllabus, I explained the reason to him and we had an agreement that the 'pontang' was necessary. He cooperated...think we may have to do so again this year...with such a whole lot to cover.

      I asked my kids to pontang but they dont't want.

      Care to share the normal schedule for your kids? Intend to let my DS do a comparison, if you don't mind...

      My DS schedule - without CCA.

      2pm - reach home
      2-3pm - lunch, shower, TV
      3pm - start school work. If have time - do Mummy's work
      5pm - outdoor play
      7pm - dinner and TV time
      8pm - continue school work if any. else, free and easy
      9.30pm - sleep

      Sat - 11am-12pm revision with Mummy. He plans his school work on his own.

      Sun - if didn't do much of revision, will schedule 1 hour

      posted in Primary 5
      H
      HappyFaye
    • RE: Preparing kids for P5 in 2011

      Chenonceau, thanks for the interesting strategy. I let DS read your postings with regards to your DS schedule during June and the planned play day late last night.


      His reactions -
      “1 compo per day? Siao ah.”
      “He only gets to play 1 day on Sun & half the Sat?”
      “Finish 1 Maths Assessment book in seven days? Wow!”

      Then we went on to discuss the limited time he spent on revision (max 1 hour per day during weekday, but have not implemented since the start of school).

      He then complained,” Mummy, but you didn’t give me play days”
      My reply - ”Dear, be fair. Once you finish your work, you can play non-stop. You don’t feel you have play times because I always nag at you to stop playing computer. Didn’t I ask you go out and play all the time, once you finish what you are required to do?”
      DS – “just kidding lar.”
      Me – “ With your current effort, I am confident you can get 230. But if YOU want to score higher than that, you need to corporate with me.”
      DS – “still got 14 months mah.”
      I gave a big stare at him
      DS – “I know, I know. Languages need time to improve. Ok, let’s start tomorrow. Can I sleep now?”

      I really like the way you communicate with your DS

      Chenonceau:
      \"I want you to be lazy. Get the best results in the least time. So, you don't be goondu goondu, complete everything in the book. Do enough that you understand, and then move on. And skip all the easy questions because those waste time.”
      DS has been on this mode since P1 with 2 questions a day. But what I am irritated is that he will only wait for me to tell him what to do, which page, which question. If I do not give instruction, he would not do. The bad thing is because he has been on this mode, asking him to do a bit more on compo is an uphill task. How should I put that across to him :scratchhead:

      This discussion here is excellent for my DS. Thanks a lot!

      posted in Primary 5
      H
      HappyFaye
    • RE: Preparing kids for P5 in 2011

      Hi, care to share which Chinese dictionary you downloaded with stylus/handwriting feature?

      posted in Primary 5
      H
      HappyFaye
    • RE: About Chinese words

      Tell me about it!


      I just don't understand why my kids' spoken chinese can be so 惨不忍‘听’

      Can only blame myself for realising it only now. But late better than never 😄

      posted in Chinese
      H
      HappyFaye
    • RE: Preparing kids for P5 in 2011

      Edureach:

      Good! Let it be natural as he must want it himself cannot be enforced by others. PSLE is just a starting point and chinese plays a less critical part as a kid moves beyond primary.
      Is that true? I thought it will only get tougher when we go to higher level. That's why I am working hard to bring up the interest of Chinese for my kids.

      posted in Primary 5
      H
      HappyFaye
    • RE: Preparing kids for P5 in 2011

      pixiedust:


      HappyFaye, you worked hard ! I only read together with ds and look through some of the vocab. No steam to turn the articles into compre tasks 😉 I called up too and found that 大姆指 can be bought at a NTUC Finess reasonably near me. Btw, how's your ds doing with the PlayChinese ?
      As much as I hate to admit defeat, seems like PlayChinese is not worth it. The tablet is not sensitive and always lagging when downloading application. It is pretty irritating. DS does pick it up as and when he feels like it but there is no structure in practising the character writing because there is no search function so I can't tell him to practise on the words that he has learnt for the day.

      Still trying to convince myself ;c

      posted in Primary 5
      H
      HappyFaye
    • 1 / 1
      About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy