Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login
    1. Home
    2. Ice watch
    3. Posts
    I
    Offline
    • Profile
    • Following 0
    • Followers 0
    • Topics 0
    • Posts 257
    • Groups 0

    Posts

    Recent Best Controversial
    • RE: Q&A - P5 Math

      Daddy 😧
      A group of pupils took part in a quiz. 1/3 of the bag and 1/6 of the girls were prize winners. There were 35 prize winners altogether and 4/7 of them were boys. What fraction of the pupils were prize winners? (Ans: 7/30)


      TIA.
      http://i67.tinypic.com/zmjtvs.jpg\">

      posted in Primary 5
      I
      Ice watch
    • RE: Q&A - PSLE Math

      forestcadee:
      Hi, could someone help to solve the following question without using the guess & check method

      or algebra simultaneous method.

      Q) Mrs. Yip bought minced chicken. She packed the chicken equally into
      packets of 1/5 kg each. If she packs it equally into packets of 1/8 kg each,
      she will get 12 more packets of minced chicken. How many kg of minced chicken
      did she buy?

      Thanks.
      http://i67.tinypic.com/2ivmq9w.jpg\">

      posted in Primary 6 & PSLE
      I
      Ice watch
    • RE: Q&A - P5 Math

      vk2kv:
      John spent $585 on some tools and 3/4 of his remaining money on a tv set. If he had 2/9 of the oriiginal sum of money left, how much money did he have at first?


      Please help. Thank you.
      http://i65.tinypic.com/2eby0d3.jpg\">

      posted in Primary 5
      I
      Ice watch
    • RE: Q&A - P5 Math

      mumof8:
      Hi!


      Can someone help me to solve this problems? TIA!!!

      Sarah had 140 more bookmarks than Tina. If she
      gave 20 bookmarks to Tina, she would have thrice
      as many bookmarks as Tina.
      a) How many bookmarks did Sarah have at first?

      b) How many bookmarks did the two girls have altogether?
      http://i64.tinypic.com/vilfkz.jpg\">

      posted in Primary 5
      I
      Ice watch
    • RE: Q&A - P5 Math

      mumof8:
      Hi !


      Can anyone please help me with this sum? TIA!!!

      Hari and Faridth have $120. Hari and Peter have $230. Peter has 6 times as much as Faridth.
      How much money does Hari have?
      http://i65.tinypic.com/33ddxsw.jpg\">

      posted in Primary 5
      I
      Ice watch
    • RE: Q&A - P5 Math

      Kastro:
      Can someone help?


      Mike spent $75 of his salary on a wallet. He spent 1/4 of the remaining money on a pair of shoes. Given that he was left with 1/3 of his total salary, how much was Mike's salary?

      Thank you.
      http://i65.tinypic.com/35bfib4.jpg\">

      posted in Primary 5
      I
      Ice watch
    • RE: Q&A - P5 Math

      chloecube:
      Thanks for getting back


      sorry, I do not understand how do you determined there are total of 27 units
      and also Larry has 9 units and so on..

      Backward method :

      1) Started from Larry
      Larry's game card tripled after John gave some of his cards to her.

      Provided Larry had 3u at first, she would had 9u after the additional amount from John, which means that 6u was from John.

      2) Moved to John
      As the final number of cards were same among 3 kids, the number of cards of BEFORE John gave to Larry was 9u+6u = 15u. Among this 15u, 10u was given by Kevin, so that \"Kevin gave some of his cards to John and John's card tripled\". John had 5u at first based on this. 【15u-10=5u】

      3) Looked at Kevin
      Again, as the final number of cards were same among 3 kids, the number of cards of BEFORE Kevin gave to John was 9u+10u = 19u. In this 19u, 10u was the amount given to John, so that \"Kevin gave some of his cards to John and John's card tripled\". That's why we can see Kevin had 19u at first.

      so the total number of cards at first is
      3u+5u+19u = 27u

      Then we have the doubts why should we assume that Larry had 3u at first?
      Let's try out the same procedure with assuming that Larry had 1u at first. The number of cards given by John is 2u and Larry had 3u in the end.

      So, before John gave 2u to Larry, John should have 3u+2u = 5u. It is obvious that 5u cannot be divided by 3 with a whole number answer.

      This is the reason why it is assumed 3u for Larry at first.



      posted in Primary 5
      I
      Ice watch
    • RE: Q&A - P5 Math

      chloecube:
      Hi,

      need help on this sum..

      John, Kevin and Larry had 216 game cards altogether. kevin gave some of his cards to John and john's card tripled. then John gave some of his cards to Larry and Larry's game card tripled. at the end, the 3 boys had an equal number of card. how many game cards did kevin have at first?

      I know this method should be working backwards, but I cannot seems to figure it out.

      thks
      Have a try...
      http://i63.tinypic.com/2lag6yx.jpg\">

      posted in Primary 5
      I
      Ice watch
    • RE: Q&A - P5 Math

      angel:
      3/8 of fruits are apples. The rest are oranges and pears in ratio 17:13.

      There are 35 more apples than pears.
      What is the total number of fruits in the shop?
      http://i68.tinypic.com/s3orrb.jpg\">

      posted in Primary 5
      I
      Ice watch
    • RE: Q&A - P5 Math

      angel:
      Can you show me using equation method? I'm a bit confused reading your workings.


      Can I say 5B + 10G -----> total students
      2B + 1G -------> 1 unit
      6B + 3G -------> 3 units (remained)

      6B + 3G ----> 12
      1G + 2B -----> 4 (1 unit)

      I'm stuck after this.... Hahaha...

      Can help, Ender? Which part is wrong?

      Equation method
      http://i66.tinypic.com/23l3sw.jpg\">
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      (0)total ---------> 5B+10G ....【 total = left + remained 】
      (1)left ----------> 2B+G.........【1u】
      (2)remained ---> 3B+9G.......【3u】==> 3u/3 = (3B+9G)/3 = B+3G...【1u】
      【 remained = total - left 】

      based on equation (1)and(2)
      2B+G = B+3G
      ==>
      (3)B = 2G

      9G-3B = 12 【12 more girls than boys who remained in hall】
      (4)3G-B = 4
      based on equation (3)and(4)<==【(3)+(4)】
      G = 4
      B = 2G = 8
      5B = 5*8 = 40
      There are 40 boys at first.

      posted in Primary 5
      I
      Ice watch
    • 1 / 1
      About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy