Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login
    1. Home
    2. Intermezzo
    3. Posts
    I
    Offline
    • Profile
    • Following 0
    • Followers 0
    • Topics 0
    • Posts 374
    • Groups 0

    Posts

    Recent Best Controversial
    • RE: Beautiful piano music to share

      FQW:
      Intermezzo:


      kekeke that's really nice ~ your encouragement and involvement are obviously very inspiring to him.. πŸ˜ƒ

      hey actually you can record your ds' playing and upload it to youtube mah..
      then we can all share your joy...................................... and i'll get to hear the beautiful sauter along the way... :rotflmao:

      Aiyah wanna hear Sauter sound also must get the rite calibre pianist mah. My son not ready to perform yet. πŸ˜„

      Alamak... like that YOU play lor...... :rotflmao:

      kekeke jkjk.. please dun feel hounded... :rotflmao:

      posted in Music
      I
      Intermezzo
    • RE: All About : Go (Weiqi,围棋)

      jedamum:
      Intermezzo:

      [quote=\"mummy of 2\"]Agree that not all will take to weiqi. But if don't try, will never know. I think it is a very good game for training kids to see the big picture and plan ahead, not just based on what is happening right now. True that not many people know how to play cos I tried so hard to find people to play with DS.


      hi limlim, jedamum & mother-of-2 ~ πŸ˜ƒ

      There are websites where you can play online.
      The player can choose different levels / who to play with, etc.
      Parents can ask the kids' weiqi instructor to recommend a suitable website.

      btw, there is this great Japanese comics (ζΌ«η”»δΉ¦) about WeiQi - titled ζ£‹η΅ηŽ‹ or 棋魂.
      it has been said that every kid who reads this comics will be inspired to learn Weiqi ~ πŸ˜ƒ

      it can even be found at the WeiQi Association library. i used to sit there and devour this comics while waiting for ds, kekeke.. really fun to read!

      Hihi intermezzo
      thanks for the tip.
      Any website online game that u can recommend? Dh is trying to digest the basics before he can play with ds for fun. Thanks![/quote]hi jedamum,

      if i remember correctly ds was using this one:
      KGS Go Server : http://www.gokgs.com/

      have fun ~ πŸ˜ƒ

      posted in Social Time
      I
      Intermezzo
    • RE: Do American Born Chinese understand Chinese language?

      jtoh:
      Ichigokun:

      @verykiasu2010


      Most of them are Cantonese :3 I didn't say all.

      Eeyer.. Liddat damn no privacy leh. Lol!

      Try Malay. πŸ™‚

      :rotflmao: bagus satu, jtoh ~

      posted in Recess Time
      I
      Intermezzo
    • RE: Bad grades, so teen sues school

      3Boys:

      I would have thought so too.......
      i would have thought so three........ πŸ˜‰

      posted in Recess Time
      I
      Intermezzo
    • RE: Let the children be (from TODAY May 16)

      pinky:
      read from sunday times yesterday about centres offering GEP training programs and how some of them will only take in students who score 90 marks and above or having an IQ of 130 and above (1 centre mentioned).

      There is also a foundation GEP program for those kids in kindergarten....
      good grief...

      i think GEP is a good thing to have in our education system..
      but as for most good things, there will be people who put it to good use / misuse / abuse.

      guess human nature is the same wherever we go.

      posted in Recess Time
      I
      Intermezzo
    • RE: Former SCDF and CNB chiefs arrested

      .. :roll:

      posted in Recess Time
      I
      Intermezzo
    • RE: My husband is addicted to his handphone :(

      missk:
      Ididn't understand how he can find time to get addicted when we have a cute and demanding toddler who needs so much attention. πŸ™‚

      :rotflmao:

      i'm sure your dh will succumb to his cuteness Very Soon ~ πŸ˜ƒ

      all the best!

      posted in Relationships
      I
      Intermezzo
    • RE: All About : Go (Weiqi,围棋)

      mummy of 2:
      Agree that not all will take to weiqi. But if don't try, will never know. I think it is a very good game for training kids to see the big picture and plan ahead, not just based on what is happening right now. True that not many people know how to play cos I tried so hard to find people to play with DS.

      hi limlim, jedamum & mother-of-2 ~ πŸ˜ƒ

      There are websites where you can play online.
      The player can choose different levels / who to play with, etc.
      Parents can ask the kids' weiqi instructor to recommend a suitable website.

      btw, there is this great Japanese comics (ζΌ«η”»δΉ¦) about WeiQi - titled ζ£‹η΅ηŽ‹ or 棋魂.
      it has been said that every kid who reads this comics will be inspired to learn Weiqi ~ πŸ˜ƒ

      it can even be found at the WeiQi Association library. i used to sit there and devour this comics while waiting for ds, kekeke.. really fun to read!

      posted in Social Time
      I
      Intermezzo
    • RE: Economic Restructuring II: Prof Lim

      verykiasu2010:
      http://justice4workerssingapore.blogspot.sg/2012/05/long-interview-yeoh-lam-keong-are-we.html


      take a look at this
      thanks for sharing this ~
      gosh i love his vision and philosophy.. πŸ˜ƒ

      posted in Recess Time
      I
      Intermezzo
    • RE: Economic Restructuring II: Prof Lim

      concern2:



      On the one hand, the company who engages in lower cost alternatives, such as less skill workers, may continue to survive. But productivity suffers because they have to be trained and needs time to get familiar with their job and with their environment. Before you know it, the contract of the workers are up and new workers come in and have to receive new training, and the cycle repeats once again. (I am sure those who have engaged news maids would be very familiar with this!) How can productivity be achieved, not to mention increase?

      On the other hand, those workers who got laid off due to company restructuring, or those who loses opportunities to get employed due to the quality-cost compromise may not end up in the same trade any more, and have to seek job opportunities in other industries and learn new skills. The same situation is likely to occur here - picking up news skills and low productivity until one gets familiar with the job.

      It is understandable if we are looking at totally new industries (maybe casino? πŸ˜† ) BUT there are many industries such as the services lines that are existing, but employers CHOOSE to compromise more qualified people by engaging cheaper labour. How often do we walk into a retail store or restaurant or hotel and receive the answer of \"Sorry, I am not familiar/I don't know, I am new here?\" or \"Um...let me check and get back to you..\"? How we miss the knowledgeable staff who'd give you that confident reply,\"Sure, this way please!\" Or, \"This is from xxx, the quality is superior to the other one because...\" etc? The quick sale you might just get from that confidence of familiarity and efficiency is so important yet often undermined. This is but one example of the many many.

      For companies which are on the verge of survival, perhaps, it is not of choice. However, when the ultimate motive is to achieve higher profits, to accumulate wealth and be stingy on paying workers who truly deserve to be paid better, then I'd say the employers deserve what they get - lower productivity.
      great post, concern2 ~
      Makes good sense to me! πŸ˜ƒ

      posted in Recess Time
      I
      Intermezzo
    • 1
    • 2
    • 3
    • 4
    • 5
    • 6
    • 37
    • 38
    • 4 / 38
      About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy