panickymum:My maid of 8 yrs suppose to go back I'm Nov, had a chat with her & she still wants to come back after home leave , std : i give increment & off but most of all she adores my son who is in now P4, Thank goodness I have one thing to worry less. My dd also taking PSLE too. My comments are if the maid doesnt feel as if she is part of your family & always over write you, difficult. With bf & FB .. No no.. Like us they get addicted to their serial & sleep , no energy to work. Mine is already 36, I prefer older maids, they understand life better.shebeautiful:oh dear.. if m in ur shoe.. i dont tell her anything. no need to reason to her.. if i tink her replacement is better (cross all toes n fingers).. give her 30mins to pack n send her bk home/agent
Sure! I felt much better now ! My dd having PSLE soon and hubby not ard ! Do not know what to do ! Glad that there are KS parents to pour all my worries .
Posts
-
RE: All About Full-Time Maids
-
PSLE result & posting
Sorry,
can someone advise again when will be the period that we should travel after PSLE, I saw the thread some time ago but somehow I can find it now.
I have actually planned to go 9-21 Nov but then my girl does not want to miss her P6 graduation day.
Thanks -
RE: All About Maid's passport renewal
Hi
I am also planning to renew my maid this or next week. Will the queue be shorter next week since school holidays will be over ? Any advice?
BTW, my maid’s friend (also a maid) renewed her passport last month and photo was taken at a studio , she said no problem.
Any other employer had their maid’s picture taken elsewhere besides the embassy and passed?
BTW, there is no parking at the embassy right? -
RE: All About Full-Time Maids
1. i suggest that to let kids (toddlers) play lego, brick building games during feeding times, so that the maid or the kids will not be glued to the TV.
2. I have two kids and she used to iron the clothes(work clothes, school uniform and pyjamas too) everyday for 2 hours, sitting down and listening to the radio. Then I told her to iron 3 times a week and do it longer. Maid is maid, they don’t understand that longer ironing time will cost less than doing it everyday (time taken for iron to be heated up).
3. I guessed the best is to buy your maid some Filipino basic necessities and food to help her overcome her home sickness, difficult to get Tagalog station. Or try to library if they ve Filipino drama or DVD’s which you can borrow. -
RE: All About Full-Time Maids
Hi tamarind,
Can I tag along with some queries :
My maid’s WP & passport will be expiring in Oct, Can I do both at the same time i.e passport & KTKLN card? Is this KTKLN a one time thingy, i.e. if my maid doesn’t want to go on home leave on this coming DEC, can she use this KTKLN for next year’s home leave (DEC2012?)
As for the employment contract can we draft our own employment contract to save time (getting it from tbe officer)? Any advise on the contents besides stating Salary, off day, length of employment?
thanks -
RE: All About Full-Time Maids
It is in their "blood" somehow that the Ind. maids can only be a B class. Fil. maids are definitely A class. As most of them came from Kampung, they do marketing at their streets since they can afford a fridge and not forgetting that most of them very little education. My Ind. maid has been with me for 7 yrs, I will be renewing her again for another year and as long as she can still work, we will keep her. I do not install cameras but I do everything based on trust and genuine care. She gets an off day every mth since 3 years ago. Although last month, she did ask for an extra off per mth which I rejected as my 2 kids are in P5 & P3. But I agreed to an extra 4 off days per year which is reasonable as she can takes them on PH or during when we go on hols. She will do her weekly air con filter cleaning, towel, bedsheet change besides her fantastic ironing & cleaning chores. But I always need to ask her : " where’s the shopping list for grocery?" Also, she won’t check the food stocks if they are near expiry. In short, she cannot be fully independent, luckily I am a part-time working mum, otherwise I do not know which corner of my house might have rotten food or my fridge has pungent smell. Maybe it is just their culture not to have a habit to do a list . Or its our lifestyle to stock up a large variety of food stuff from ready made sauces to chocolates that confuses her? Since we are the masters of the household, we will just have to be the dictator and leave with some minor hiccups.
With regards to MIL or mother issue, I ve learnt that unless the maid comes into the household whereby the elderly is already the PR of your family. Otherwise if she is just a weekly or adhoc visitor, I think we shld tell her to zip her mouth. The poor maid has to wake up at 530 and retire at 9pm or even later , I am sure it is only humane if she fails to smile or answer you sweetly when you asked her to do certain chore on certain days. I have told my mum(she is a weekly visitor btw) upfront that I will not change my maid no matter what unhappiness she has with my maid, in summary, ain’t all old folks are the same? Full of complaints? They like to complain about maids especially because they are the next best person who is inferior in status to them. And it is like the "favourite" topic among their gang. Also, can my mother guaranteee me a better new maid?
Lastly, I love my maid like a sister, I will buy her sweetdates for her fasting period, buy muslim food such as cow lungs, kueh kuehs, & even go library and loan books on her behalf, let her watch TV every Saturday for an hour, etc . Of course she loves my kids too…
Hope the above helps with those who are caught in between maids and MIL or mothers -
RE: Poly student sentenced to 13 years’ jail for rape
Let’s work backwards. All these would not have happened if there is no modern technology such as facebook, chatrooms, phonechats, etc. Hence, as parents it is our responsibility to install CCTV, spy software, PI investigator if you sense something is amiss in your child’s behaviour esp. girls. If you think this case disgust you, please visit Oprah’s website, the situation is even worse in the US, there are "seasoned" child rapists out there who plot to satisfy their own desires.
Do not because of the your child telling you that they need breathing space, pivacy, freedom, etc …a child is a child until they reach adulthood at the age of 21. We need to tell our boys what consequences they would be getting themselves in if they screw up something in a moment of folly, eg. jailed term, canning. As for girls… it could be 100 times worse especially emotionally.
It is tough to be modern times parents! -
RE: Junior Masterchef
Btw, for those who have missed the preliminary rounds (like myself) , i think they are airing it daily at about 11 or 1130pm. I was watching episode 2 last night at 12am. Jack should be in tonight’s episode.
In Singapore, our living space is small, most of us can barely squeeze in a proper oven in a condo for example, needless to say a double oven or to have a pasta machine, Kitchen Aid, blender that is place daily on the kitchen top. My dream is to have an island kitchen…
Tough for our kids to take up cooking seriously. But I don’t mind sharing the art of cooking with them like what is steam, poach, fry, etc. & natural food flavour enhancer like lemongrass.
At the moment, just simple baking with the kiddos. -
RE: Junior Masterchef
My kids followed the programme faithfully. Besides the kids’ impressive cooking skills, I told my kids that hard work pays off. Not only did Isabelle gets her title but along with the free travel for her family. On the other hand, even if you did not win, your consistent efforts will be noticed and appreciated, i.e. separating the two baking trays earned Jack three 11/10 scores.
To me, it was definitely a better watch than Star Awards!
