Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login
    1. Home
    2. justanotheranon
    3. Posts
    J
    Offline
    • Profile
    • Following 0
    • Followers 0
    • Topics 0
    • Posts 13
    • Groups 0

    Posts

    Recent Best Controversial
    • RE: COP 2018

      YHI:
      I wanna know:

      [quote=\"justanotheranon\"]Hi, would like to inquire where the info about COPs came from? Is it a reliable source? If so, SIAN! Could get into NYGH... but never put in the choices :faint: 😒 now got into a different school. Wonder what's the difference? Since it is still an IP school and considered quite 'favourable' in a sense. :frustrated: keep thinking of what could have been! Aiyo, I really feel so kiasu now because I created this account just to post this :oops: but what to do?


      Another thing I heard is that the so-called 'neighbourhood' schools cut off points have increased? (some) Can anyone verify? πŸ˜“

      Also, the school I mentioned above that DD will be attending's thread is quite inactive so I can't really get the opinions of those there... :sad: :?:

      Yes. Neighbourhood one increased. The ones we chosen all can't get in despite meeting and above cut off points by 2. I called moe. They increased between 4-7 marks. Sigh. Ended up with 4th choice in which her marks were the last among the batch for this year COP.


      Truly agreed, neighborhood school COP increased by +6 to 7 marks this year which is a huge jumped.
      My girls cant get into the school she wanted to, she is sad, what is the best way to appeal for it?
      😒 😒 😒[/quote] :scared: really strange... DD's peers have been talking about the school COPs... it seems very weird this year!

      posted in Secondary Schools - Selection
      J
      justanotheranon
    • RE: COP 2018

      floppy:
      justanotheranon:

      Hi, would like to inquire where the info about COPs came from? Is it a reliable source? If so, SIAN! Could get into NYGH... but never put in the choices :faint: 😒 now got into a different school. Wonder what's the difference? Since it is still an IP school and considered quite 'favourable' in a sense. :frustrated: keep thinking of what could have been! Aiyo, I really feel so kiasu now because I created this account just to post this :oops: but what to do?

      ...

      I don’t quite understand. If it’s your choice school, you could have very well leave it as first choice while keeping the rest the same.

      Unless you are one of those who believe wrongly that putting a school with a higher COP is a β€œrisk” and a β€œwaste”.

      Becos DD didn't score above 260 and thought NY COP will not drop below 260... anyway, have done an appeal. Hope for the best! πŸ™

      posted in Secondary Schools - Selection
      J
      justanotheranon
    • RE: COP 2018

      Hi, would like to inquire where the info about COPs came from? Is it a reliable source? If so, SIAN! Could get into NYGH... but never put in the choices :faint: 😒 now got into a different school. Wonder what's the difference? Since it is still an IP school and considered quite 'favourable' in a sense. :frustrated: keep thinking of what could have been! Aiyo, I really feel so kiasu now because I created this account just to post this :oops: but what to do?


      Another thing I heard is that the so-called 'neighbourhood' schools cut off points have increased? (some) Can anyone verify? πŸ˜“

      Also, the school I mentioned above that DD will be attending's thread is quite inactive so I can't really get the opinions of those there... :sad: :?:

      posted in Secondary Schools - Selection
      J
      justanotheranon
    • 1 / 1
      About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy