TheHockminatrix:Wah like dat might as well just buy on first day of school!
Can also try Popular bookshop.
TheHockminatrix:Wah like dat might as well just buy on first day of school!
PineappleTart:My girl has transferred out of Palm View and to Compassvale instead cos pil keep on complaining non stop about the distance...and last min the principal call us up and says there is a slot available for her.
beejo:May be good to clarify with school through email.Hallo everyone,
I am new on this group. My son will be joining Palm View P2 next year due to school transfer. I received the book list but there is no English subject. Do you all know why?
ctmy:Daughter told me they checked the marked paper and did the correction yesterday. I will not disclose any further as wellNandiniim28:Can check with P2 parents if the Maths Exam for this semester on 28 Oct was tough? My boy wouldnt disclose anything!
My boy said it was not easy. Have not gotten the chance to see the paper yet but knowing him, likely will be careless mistake. :slapshead:
TheHockminatrix:Every year, there will be new teachers posted in from NIE or other schools, so they are given the chance to start to teach
Not sure about the multiple teacher thing. Maybe some of them are also concurrently studying so they have partners where they take turns with certain things?
PineappleTart:All the big brothers and sisters will guide them along in the first week :boogie:
Afraid my daughter be having difficulties in buying food and getting around.....
beaniecow:They will change into Pro-teach t-shirts after school and before having their lunch. Short and skort remain.
and on that day what do they wear to the student care
cheerbear:I think there are clear instruction when the name tag was delivered, like 2cm below school crest. But i think once ironed-on may be too difficult to remove it.
but how come some kids sew it on top of the logo and some below.. thot shld be standardise?
TheHockminatrix:Yes, those corporate slides scared me and were not something i expect from school, but i guess all budgeted from MOE.
If you Google around PVPS, you can actually find slides from previous year orientation sessions. I think I found 2012/2013 slides.
Interesting stuff. Quite corporate / academic but I suppose it's fitting for 21st century parents.
[quote="Imami"][quote="fatmommy"][quote="aloevera"]
My girl is in the "last" alphabetical class as we had registered her in the last day (2 yrs ago) of P2CS phase 
I observed they are all quite balance with the boys and girls ratio and I am sure school will write to inform of the class allocation nearer to the orientation date. Parents are briefed with parenting talk and school syllabus in the school hall. Donβt worry about it as they will also assigned the older students to bring them around during the recess time in the first week.