Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login
    1. Home
    2. lilfeets
    3. Posts
    L
    Offline
    • Profile
    • Following 0
    • Followers 0
    • Topics 1
    • Posts 247
    • Groups 0

    Posts

    Recent Best Controversial
    • RE: Paya Lebar Methodist Girls

      sembgal:
      Does PLMGS Pri offer rhythmic gymnastics to girls on Friday afternoon. I saw some girls wearing gym outfits, waiting at bus stop for bus with their maids at 3.45pm. These maids have \"cannot make it attitude\".


      Sorry. I mean the cut off poiunt increase btu the 10 point to be cut off will be lowered as years go. Sorry for confusion. been snowed under.

      As for gymnastic, i think they took it off. Now replaced by international dance.

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      L
      lilfeets
    • RE: Paya Lebar Methodist Girls

      starfruit:
      hi, can i also check if PLMGS Primary is affiliated with PLMGC Secondary. May i ask what is the PSLE points for students coming in from the affiliated primary. thanks

      Yes, PLMGS is affliated to PLMGS SEc. I think currently pri students get like 10 point off thecut off if I am right. Heard that they will be lowering the points each year though.

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      L
      lilfeets
    • RE: Maris Stella High

      We offered out services last year but the VP told us flat;y that they do not need any cause their existing students are part of the constant source of volunteers.

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      L
      lilfeets
    • RE: Paya Lebar Methodist Girls

      princesskaris:
      Hi, can I check what are the CCAs that PLMGS excel in? What are the CCAs that they offer? What's the likelihood of getting selected as a PV ? I'm residing within 1-2 km from the school but apparently, there are a few new developments sprouting near the school within these few years and I'm afraid competition will be tougher. Experienced mummies, pls advise! Thanks! Btw, my girl is born in 2009 and due for P1 registration in 2015.


      Honestly, the school does not require PV unless you have very niche skills and time to support them. They have a pool of parent volunteers from the existing parents of children in the school. hence, the chance of PV is not high unless you have very special skills to offer.

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      L
      lilfeets
    • RE: Paya Lebar Methodist Girls

      bebebub:
      Compared to some other schools, PL ain't a school with a big enrollment to begin with. During my dd1's time, each P1/P2 class has about 30 plus girls (not sure if it is still the same now). As they move to higher primary, each class has about 40 girls.


      PL is a great school. I'll be registering my dd2 in PL, too.

      PL Is a great school. My girl is very happy there and teachers are very supportive.

      I heard that there was balloting in Phase 2C last year for < 2 km (not sure - can anyone confirm?). Which phase whould you be in if you are thinking of registering?

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      L
      lilfeets
    • RE: Paya Lebar Methodist Girls

      phtthp:
      Does plmgs offer artistic gym, or rhythmic gym cca?

      I thought the removed the gymnastic cca from this year onwards liek they did for ballet?

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      L
      lilfeets
    • RE: Paya Lebar Methodist Girls

      The violin class is for P1 to P3 students. I was at the 1st lesson yesterday. There were a total of around 14 students, about 2 from P2, 3-4 from P3 and the rest from P1.


      The main violin teacher is a nice old lady and she has 4 younger assistants with her to help the kids.

      They measure the kids up for the size of the violin,taught them how to hold the violin and the bow, some minor facts about the instrument and the kids managed to play a simple tune during the 1st lesson.

      After which, they were tasked to go home and practice placing the violin on the shoulder and play the simple tune at home.[/quote]

      Oh, they had parents to join?[/quote]


      I called up the school and spoke to the vendor who was running the programme. She said we could stay for the first lesson to see how the lesson is being managed and also to answer any questions regarding the violins etc as some girls are buying them there. not allowed after that.

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      L
      lilfeets
    • RE: Paya Lebar Methodist Girls

      Yeap. DD chose to play the Violin. šŸ™‚

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      L
      lilfeets
    • RE: Paya Lebar Methodist Girls

      krazy:
      Good morning šŸ™‚

      Edward,
      my girl hasn't encountered this problem. I know the children are allowed to keep their books in their lockers. Could her text books be there?

      Edward Koh:

      Help... Since Jan, my DD has already lost 2 text books! I gathered from her that these books were kept by the teacher and apparently fails to return back to her. Is this true?

      Hmm.. My dd takes her textbooks home but the rest of the workbooks are kept by the teacher in school or lockers. So far, not been told anything lost and all seem well. Perhaps email the teacher? They are very responsive.

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      L
      lilfeets
    • RE: Paya Lebar Methodist Girls

      honeyhippo:
      Hi..


      I'm planning to send my dd to PLMGS next time. It's still a few more years to go but i just want to get some understanding if I'm within 2km from the school and do PV, what are the chances of getting in? I'm aware it really depends on that very year's enrolment (phase 2A & B etc)...but I just want to hear some valuable experiences and advices that some mothers had when they were doing pv for their dds. How different is it sending a dd to a all girls' school and a co-ed school (a relative who sent her dd to a girls' school strongly discouraged me. She sent her 2nd kid to a co-ed school because she didnt think her elder dd had good peers in school.)

      It's my only dd so I'm quite anxious even though I've a few more years to decide (between Holy Innocent's & PLMGS). šŸ˜“

      Thanks ya..and Gongxi FaCai!

      Hihi

      Welcome.

      I don't mean to dampen your spirits but PLMGS PV quite tough to get in. Cause they have a beavy of parents volunteer from girls who are already in the school. No shortage. However, that is not to say that you should not attempt. Perhaps you may have some skills that the school would like your contribution.

      On a seprate note, phase 2A is for those who already have kids in the school or old girls. Unless you are in the category, PV is Phase 2B.

      I think there were left over seats in Phase 2B withint 2km this year but unsure what the numbers was for phase 2C.

      Can't speak for others but my DD seems to be very happy in school.

      PLMGS have very rich culture and strong values. Thaty is what I like about the school. teachers are very responsive too which is an added bonus.

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      L
      lilfeets
    • 1 / 1
      About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy