Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login
    1. Home
    2. Lilo
    3. Posts
    L
    Offline
    • Profile
    • Following 0
    • Followers 0
    • Topics 0
    • Posts 89
    • Groups 0

    Posts

    Recent Best Controversial
    • RE: DSA 2012

      My DD told me that she want to go Cedar girls but she had a place in SCGS which she do not wish to drop it too. She said that she will accept SCGS but if PSLE result turn out to be good, she will want to move to Cedar. She said she attend one week SCGS and ask for transfer to Cedar. Can she do in this way? Will SCGS allow?[/quote]


      But Cedar and SCGS, which one is better?[/quote]

      Hi Shalom,
      Please see FAQ 41 and 42 regarding DD going to SCGS for 1 week and then transfer to Cedar.
      http://www.moe.gov.sg/education/admissions/dsa-sec/faqs/#withdraw-application

      Cedar vs SCGS:
      (without considering distance, school fees, uniform, infrastructure, location i.e. town or suburb)
      My view is, it depends on DD's personality and what domain she DSA. If DSA via dance, SCGS is strong in dance. If DSA via sport, Cedar is strong in Track & Field. If DSA via academic, Cedar is proud to announce their success stories and 90 or 99% of O-levels enter JC (this was said during open house). Also, if DD is going to do MEP, I was told that Cedar has collaboration with TKGS for MEP. My feel is Cedar focus more on Sc & Technology (I may be wrong) since they are somehow affiliated with SUTD. Cedar also gives me the feel that it is like MGS of the east and more well known for their academic achievement as compared to SCGS (I may be wrong). These are just my views...so KSP pls don't :spank: me. Each of them has its own branding and it depends on what DD wants and what type of enviroment you want DD to grow up in.

      posted in Secondary Schools - Selection
      L
      Lilo
    • RE: DSA 2012

      Hi parents,


      This MOE website is very informative for parents who are interested to know how to exercise option/prioritise if DC given WL and CO. (See FAQ no. 26)

      http://www.moe.gov.sg/education/admissions/dsa-sec/faqs/#discretion

      Lilo

      posted in Secondary Schools - Selection
      L
      Lilo
    • RE: DSA 2012

      :thankyou: all parents for the congratulatory note :grphug:


      Thank goodness this is my first n last DSA exercise :rahrah:

      I can take the roller coaster rides in the theme park better than going thru DSA.

      posted in Secondary Schools - Selection
      L
      Lilo
    • RE: DSA 2012

      Hello

      If Nanyang offers my daughter a wait list for DSA whilst Cedar offers her a confirmed offer, what should I do?

      posted in Secondary Schools - Selection
      L
      Lilo
    • RE: DSA 2012

      isetan:
      Lilo:

      :congrats: to GLORYmum and DD. I can imagine your scream :rotflmao: me too screaming and jumping up and down though the good news wasn't from the escagot :rotflmao: \"Tio Beh Pio\" also not so happy (meaning this is better than strike 4-D :rotflmao: )


      :thankyou: to all KSP here for all your support, encouragement and :hugs:

      Loads of blessings to all!
      Lilo


      Hi Lilo,

      Thanks for your blessing. You know what....Cedar also called us in the evening! OMG! See you this Saturday!

      :rahrah: See you! šŸ•ŗ

      posted in Secondary Schools - Selection
      L
      Lilo
    • RE: DSA 2012

      :congrats: to GLORYmum and DD. I can imagine your scream :rotflmao: me too screaming and jumping up and down though the good news wasn't from the escagot :rotflmao: \"Tio Beh Pio\" also not so happy (meaning this is better than strike 4-D :rotflmao: )


      :thankyou: to all KSP here for all your support, encouragement and :hugs:

      Loads of blessings to all!
      Lilo

      posted in Secondary Schools - Selection
      L
      Lilo
    • RE: DSA 2012

      There is a bit of confusion from Cedar leh.


      First, they say all co already informed last week. Based on your thread above, I called them again just now....and guess what...the office staff says co will be sent via letter end of this week.

      Now, we have another ksp just informed they reced co from cedar just now. I am now extremely confused![/quote][/quote]

      Hi Isetan,
      I received a call from Cedar at 6.15pm. DD got CO via academic. I was screaming \"OMG! OMG\" on the street when I received the call. The lady from Cedar laughed at me :oops: . This Saturday is the presentation of offer letter from 9am to 11am. I believe they will ask us to sign a form like VS. Happy to sign :please:

      I am sure you will receive a call soon. Have faith šŸ™

      Congratulations to all parents and DC who receive CO/WL. Sending all the good positive Qi to all DC for your PSLE. Hugs to all parents :hugs: :grphug:

      I feel so relief šŸ˜“

      posted in Secondary Schools - Selection
      L
      Lilo
    • RE: DSA 2012

      mamakata:
      isetan:

      [quote=\"Lilo\"]Any parents have news on Cedar Girls and MGS - Academic?


      Just called up cedar girls. All COs shld have recd telephone calls by last Week. They will send out letters to all applicants-- whether successful or not by this weekend.

      I have not received any news from MGS on DSA-IP. According to the office staff I spoke to today, they are sending out the results by post (not email) \"by end of this week\". 🤷[/quote]Just called Cedar Girls at 11.14am today. They will send out letters and we will receive by this Friday whether CO/WL/Reject. There will be no phone call or email.

      Isetan,
      Is your DD DSA via Sports and Cedar called you last week? My DD is via Academic and the lady said did not call anyone :scratchhead: . Maybe you have special privillage?

      I have no news for MGS so far.

      šŸ™

      Today is DDs pre-lim last paper, we are going out for a good lunch to celebrate pre-lim over, then go home and see if the snail has arrived from Bukit Timah...before we \"chiong\" for PSLE :boogie:

      posted in Secondary Schools - Selection
      L
      Lilo
    • RE: DSA 2012

      Any parents have news on Cedar Girls and MGS - Academic?

      posted in Secondary Schools - Selection
      L
      Lilo
    • RE: DSA 2012

      Herbie:
      i just rang up NYGH and the staff advised that the list is pending management's approval.


      Result can be out any time. :nailbite:
      The latest date for them to send out the letter will be this friday and they will follow up with an email to alert the parents of the outcome.
      Thanks Herbie.

      posted in Secondary Schools - Selection
      L
      Lilo
    • 1 / 1
      About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy