Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login
    1. Home
    2. Miss Bean
    3. Posts
    M
    Offline
    • Profile
    • Following 0
    • Followers 0
    • Topics 0
    • Posts 18
    • Groups 0

    Posts

    Recent Best Controversial
    • RE: Singapore Chinese Girls School (Secondary)

      Yes, my dd is in SCGS now, going to Sec 3 next year. My reply to your points is based on my impression as a parent of a student only and is not verified by any \"school authorities', so you need to do your own checking, ok? šŸ˜„


      1. The school has 3 top classes in Sec 1 and 2, they are Sincerity, Courage and Generosity. I think Sincerity is the top class with the 260s, but not sure the exact range. My DD was placed in Courage with her score of 253 in Sec 1. Your daughter will be streamed again at the end of Sec 1 based on her grades.

      2. My opinion is that the school is nurturing type and there is no concentration of attention on the higher ability students. My dd is not in the top 3 classes this year, but her teachers are just as good.

      3 and 4. Girls being girls, it is not that easy to \"break\" into existing groups. My girl found it difficult to find friends in the beginning. The SCGS primary girls are not unfriendly or anything, its just that they are for at least the first couple of months, quite comfortable in their circle and they do not see the need to get more friends into their circle. However, my dd managed to find her own friends in the CCA that she joined due to common interests and hobbies. She joined Infocom Club and found friends who shared her hobbies. Also, there are many girls who are not from SCGS primary too, I think half of the girls from my daughter's Sec 1 class were not from SCGS primary.

      I am rather happy with the way the school is run. I feel my dd is in safe hands when she goes for overnight camps or when she is on one of those community service overseas trips. I get timely updates and notifications from school on important events. There is nothing much to complain about actually.

      By the way, my dd wears the navy blue school jacket over the sleeveless uniform, and I think she looks pretty smart in the get-up. šŸ˜‰

      If you have anything else to check with me, feel free to pm me as well.[/quote]

      Thanks Cindy for your reply

      I like SCGS because is a good school and its near to my son's school in Bukit TImah. Unfortunately my dd was not able to meet the cut off point(thought is was 250, so never select the school). She is posted to Nan Hua High and I'm glad that she is very happy there.

      I hope your information is a great help to others :xedfingers:

      Thanks so much!!!

      posted in Secondary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      M
      Miss Bean
    • RE: Nan Hua High School

      ngbrdad:
      For Nan Hua, nearest bus stop is either on AYE or Commonweanlth Ave West right ?

      Which way is nearer to walk in ? and how long does it take to walk to NH ?
      And what time does the school start daily ?
      Hi, I'm staying in Jurong East. I had tried out by taking a bus from the opposite bus stop at Ivory Park(near 7 days Adventist). You can take bus nos 97, 97e(peak hour) and 197 (all these buses came from Jurong East Bus interchange). Its travels along AYE, once you see NUS High you have to alight (10 mins) and walk across a short overhead bridge. Follow the path (along AYE) on your right you will see NUS high. When you come to the end of the NUS high, turn right and walk up a few steps and continue to walk on the path then cut out to the HDB then a carkpark. When you reach the carpark, you are able to see Nan Hua Hight across the road (the walking distance from where you alight to Nan Hua takes 8 mins).

      If you would like to go to clementi MRT station, at Nan Hua School gate turn right and just walk along the path to the main road where you can see the MRT track. At the end of the path, you can see a bus stop, there are many buses to take Clementi MRT station(walk to the main road takes 8 mins). Alternative you may walk from the school to Clementi MRT station(20mins). Bus no 99 travels from Clementi Bus interchange to Jurong East(opp road of Yuhua CC) and Jurong West then to Jurong Point shopping centre.

      I hope it will help you. :xedfingers:

      posted in Secondary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      M
      Miss Bean
    • RE: Nan Hua High School

      kiasu_mum75:
      Hi, just curious to know. what's the in-house day camp about? thanks!

      Sorry for the late replay.

      The in house camp was an introduction of the school culture, taught them some chinese arts , fun & games competitions ,met some seniors and show them the school compound...

      šŸ•ŗ

      posted in Secondary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      M
      Miss Bean
    • RE: Nan Hua High School

      :


      Thanks :boogie:[/quote]

      I gathered that there is no open house this year.[/quote]


      :rahrah: Thanks Merlionkid

      One weeks ago, I went to the Secondary Schools Fair at Jurong Primary. Nan Hua was one of the participants. DD attended their inhouse day camp and BBQ :torchme: (parents invited) on 19-20 Oct and she enjoyed it very much šŸ•ŗ Its was well organised. :xedfingers:[/quote]

      Hi Miss Bean

      glad to be able to help.

      Sec 1 registration may be on 22 Dec. Hope to be able to see you at NHHS on that day.

      Cheers.[/quote]
      :boogie: Yes, NHHS is of DD's choice

      posted in Secondary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      M
      Miss Bean
    • RE: Nan Hua High School

      merlionkid:
      Miss Bean:

      Hi


      Anyone knows is there open house for Nan Hua High next month?

      Date & time please :imanangel:

      Thanks :boogie:

      I gathered that there is no open house this year.


      :rahrah: Thanks Merlionkid

      One weeks ago, I went to the Secondary Schools Fair at Jurong Primary. Nan Hua was one of the participants. DD attended their inhouse day camp and BBQ :torchme: (parents invited) on 19-20 Oct and she enjoyed it very much šŸ•ŗ Its was well organised. :xedfingers:

      posted in Secondary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      M
      Miss Bean
    • RE: Nan Hua High School

      Hi


      Anyone knows is there open house for Nan Hua High next month?

      Date & time please :imanangel:

      Thanks :boogie:

      posted in Secondary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      M
      Miss Bean
    • RE: 2011 Request for Advice on Selecting Secondary Schools

      angell:
      Miss Bean:


      Hi Angel

      Are you from the affiliated school of SCGS? :boogie:

      Thanks

      Long Long ago long ago...... šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜‚

      Thanks Angel

      May I ask you or anyone who is currently the affiliated school student of SCGS a few questions:- :roll:
      1. When you were in the SCGS secondary, will you able to get along with those students who were not the affiliated students of SCGS? or prefer to stay with the students who were your classmetes since Primary school .
      2. You will not get close to non affiliated students but just a hi hi to them.
      3. How many good classes in SCGS? Good classes mean all good grade students in the same class
      4. Will the school just concentrate the good classes
      5. I saw the \"Choosing your secondary school\" booklet for 2010 and noticed that previously the subject for Engliah its was indicated as Language Art but since 2011 has became English Language/ Liternature in English, any idea why?

      Meantimes, I also hope someone who is non-affiliated students of SCGS but currently still studying in SCGS gives her comments on the above question too.

      :imsorry: I hope I did not offend anyone in my question 1 &2.

      :thankyou: looking forward :boogie: to your reply šŸ•ŗ

      posted in Secondary Schools - Selection
      M
      Miss Bean
    • RE: Secondary School Open House 2011

      Hi


      Strange :?

      I have called Nan Hua High to check the year end open house 2 months ago. some one (can't remember is a teacher or admin clerk) told me that it will be on 26/11/2011.

      Yesterday called again to confirm, the admin clerk told me that the principle said no open house for Nan Hua High for this year. 😢

      Its is true? :slapshead: Can anyone comments? :hi5:

      :udawoman:

      posted in Secondary Schools - Selection
      M
      Miss Bean
    • RE: 2011 Request for Advice on Selecting Secondary Schools

      angell:
      UncleLim:

      [quote=\"Amber Shaw\"]I am from SCGS. I think that SCGS has a very good education and character building system. I have to say that SCGS has helped me grow closer to the sky. SCGS has helped me flourish and blossom.


      Hi Amber Shaw, what do you mean by \"grow closer to the sky\" ? Something to do with Astronomy or the school helped you to grow taller ? šŸ˜‰

      Hi,
      This is SCGS school song:

      Glad That I Live Am I (School song)Lyrics by Lizette Woodworth Reese
      (from 'A Little Song Of Life')

      Glad that I live am I,
      That the sky is blue.
      Glad for the country lanes,
      And the fall of dew.



      After the sun the rain,
      After the rain the sun.
      This is the way of life,
      Till the work be done.



      All that we need to do,
      Be we low or high,
      Is to see that we grow,
      Nearer the sky.
      [/quote]Hi Angel

      Are you from the affiliated school of SCGS? :boogie:

      Thanks

      posted in Secondary Schools - Selection
      M
      Miss Bean
    • RE: Singapore Chinese Girls School (Secondary)

      cindylauper:
      VitoRelax:

      I went to SCGS open day. I must say that their students there are polite & warm.


      SCGS is a very good school.

      I went to open houses for three girls' school and liked SCGS best. I went to their campfire as a student's parent by invitation of the school. I can tell the teaching environment is very nuturing and positive. Hope that my girl will like it there.

      Meantime, my girl says she can only wear blue sweater/jacket on top of her school uniform. Anyone knows what tye of sweater/jacket is allowed? Since her uniform is sleeveless, the air-con bus she takes to school can be a bit chilly.

      Hi Cindy

      I believe that your DD is in SCGS now. Can let me know more about :-
      1.The school,how many best classes (mean all high score students in one class)
      2.Do the school only concentrate the best classes
      3.Many say is hard to find friends if you did not enjoy the school in P1.
      4. How old students react to those who newly join the school.

      Looking forward to your reply :boogie:

      :thankyou:

      posted in Secondary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      M
      Miss Bean
    • 1
    • 2
    • 1 / 2
      About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy