Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login
    1. Home
    2. Mommybaby
    3. Posts
    M
    Offline
    • Profile
    • Following 0
    • Followers 0
    • Topics 1
    • Posts 18
    • Groups 0

    Posts

    Recent Best Controversial
    • RE: Marymount Convent

      jogoh:
      Two quick questions:


      1) DD has Art & Craft class tomorrow but there is nothing written in her Helpmate. Are we supposed to pack anything for that..? Color pencils and drawing block?

      2) Anyone's DD is in One Responsibility?

      Thanks šŸ™‚
      You'll need to bring colour pencils.

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      M
      Mommybaby
    • RE: Marymount Convent

      Question - my DD told me that her teacher told her that even on days that she needs to wear PE uniform, she still needs to wear the black shoes that she usually wears with her pinafore. How can that be? How is she supposed to run with those shoes? Or is she supposed to wear black running shoes?

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      M
      Mommybaby
    • RE: Marymount Convent

      agehachou:
      A \"naive\" question from a newbie P1 parent...


      Does our DD need to bring the books that are not written in the Helpmate? We noticed some Chinese textbooks have been in our DD's bag for 3 days (some other books are being kept at the school by the teachers, I believe) but there is nothing written in the Helpmate that whether DD still need them for the following week. A bit worried as the school bag could be quite heavy if we put all the books in.

      I am thinking of contacting/asking the teachers but before I go ahead doing that, I would like to know if anyone has any ready answer for this? If yes, could you kindly share your experience?

      Thanks.
      They either have it in the helpmate or the teacher would give your DD a separate note/letter asking her/you to pack the books that she needs to bring. My DD is in One Respect and she got a letter and a separate list of books that she is supposed to bring tomorrow ... which actually includes almost all of the books that we bought, and my DD is supposed to have all of these books placed into her locker.

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      M
      Mommybaby
    • RE: Marymount Convent

      agehachou:
      Mommybaby:

      Question - what is the difference between Physical Health Ed and PEGym? Need to wear PE uniform for Physical Health Ed?


      Has anyone had a chance to ask when do we need to let our DD wear/bring PE attire to school?

      Thanks...

      sort of figured it out with some help from other mommies - wear PE uniform when schedule has \"PE Gym\" and \"PE - Modular Curriculum\". Physical Health Ed is actually a sit-down class time - there's a textbook for this lesson.

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      M
      Mommybaby
    • RE: Marymount Convent

      Linlin:
      Today my gal came home with forms but not timetable. Any mummy receive timetable of P1?

      What class is your girl in?

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      M
      Mommybaby
    • RE: Marymount Convent

      Question - what is the difference between Physical Health Ed and PEGym? Need to wear PE uniform for Physical Health Ed?

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      M
      Mommybaby
    • RE: Marymount Convent

      Linlin:
      ORANGEJUICE02:

      Hi linlin, this for sharing. Anyone! Me sotong. I didnt know tat those books u mention I Oslo dont ve. When can we purchase it?


      The school material (journal and helpmate) will wait till school open
      The rest I'm waiting for popular..around Dec period

      My gal in Garnet too šŸ•ŗ

      I just ordered the books online (awaiting delivery) - they had the Maths Builder 1A & 1B (or so it seems), but still don't have:

      MPH! Handwriting (2E)
      Pupil Journal
      Pupil Helpmate
      Drawing Block 80LBS

      So during delivery, would they also not have items that seems to be available during order?

      Also, can we get the \"MPH! Handwriting (2E)\" in Popular?

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      M
      Mommybaby
    • RE: Club 2006 Kids

      smartmummy:
      BBEwee:

      Hi there all mummies & daddies. Can I join club? DS born in 2006. Going P1 next year.


      welcome to club2006!
      I noticed that u have another one in 2002 like me. :hi5:

      Hi hi! I also have another one born in 2002! Both of mine are girls. But older girl is going to international school.

      posted in Clubs for parents with similar age children
      M
      Mommybaby
    • RE: Cupcakes - Where To Get?

      jce:
      I am not a baker. I can cook but not bake. So I am happy to spend on \"baked goods\" so long as the price is justifiable, justifiable to me as I know everyone has a different cut-off point.

      Twelve Cupcakes has pretty good cupcakes - and the best thing is they're moist and not too sweet. I've tried many places that supposedly sell \"good\" cupcake, but they are either too sweet or they are too dry inside. But then again, I now bake cupcakes and muffins instead of buying coz I realized that store-bought cupcakes are really over-priced and they are so simple to make ...

      posted in Tuckshop
      M
      Mommybaby
    • RE: from Montessori pre-school to Primary school, any1"

      Huggable:
      There are no exams for P1 & P2, a MOE regulation. But the school uses \"holistic assessment\", so there are tests, show & tell's, spelling & dictation etc throughout the year, to gauge the boys' learning progress.


      My son struggled initially with the spelling and Chinese. But he had caught up somehow.
      I am quite worried about Chinese, as my girl knows what she's taught but she doesn't like to speak it coz she's not sure if it'll come out right. We've encouraged her and sometimes just out of no where, she'll suddenly start speaking (like in a restaurant she'll speak to the waiters herself in Chinese when she realize they don't understand English, and she can speak well). But when we incorporate Chinese into our daily activities, she sometimes refuses to answer in Chinese ...

      posted in Primary 1
      M
      Mommybaby
    • 1 / 1
      About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy