Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login
    1. Home
    2. Mummy Pauline
    3. Posts
    M
    Offline
    • Profile
    • Following 0
    • Followers 0
    • Topics 0
    • Posts 7
    • Groups 0

    Posts

    Recent Best Controversial
    • RE: Comparing Math Enrichment Programmes

      I strongly agree that branding is not important when it comes to sending your child for enrichment. The teacher is the crucial factor. My niece likes her tutor very much and she is not from a branded company. Word of mouth has more impact still.

      posted in Mathematics
      M
      Mummy Pauline
    • RE: Can teaching P2 and P4 in the same class work?

      This will definitely not work out! What do you want your child to achieve at the end of the lesson? Save the money instead and put into solid tuition areas

      posted in Mathematics
      M
      Mummy Pauline
    • RE: Workshops to teach parents on math modelling

      littleprince:
      ngl2010:

      [quote=\"littleprince\"]Hi, anyone can help? I am getting so worried as I peeked into the P5 & P6 Math Q & A thread and realised I do not know how to solve any of the questions posted :scared: I used to be very good in math (in my days) but I am now feeling so insecure and afraid that I will not have the skills to teach my boy


      Hi. Don't worry. I think you should be able to pick it up once you see your DS's books.

      For P6, there are other methods to solve the problems. Actually, using model drawing is slower than using other methods so usually teachers will encourage using other methods in P6.

      Different methods again in P6?? Then , they end up having to learn and get used to different methods within that short few months before PSLE??
      Sigh, I am not looking forward to P1, I think I am very stressed! When I saw I am not able to solve any of those questions I chanced upon, I feel so horrible and afraid 😓[/quote]
      Dont worry. Schools will teach. P1 to P3 must focus on simple model drawings first.
      p1 - part whole model
      p2 - comparison model
      p3 - unitary model

      posted in Mathematics
      M
      Mummy Pauline
    • RE: All About Teaching Mathematics

      My niece is being tutored in a group of 4 at a tuition place in Chai Chee. The teachers are ex-teachers and specialised in Math. I think they are doing a great job to my niece.

      posted in Mathematics
      M
      Mummy Pauline
    • RE: How To Teach P1 Multiplication

      Does your child know what multiplication really means?

      From what I understand from my niece’s tutor, at P1, they only need to learn repeated addition and they must be strong in the CONCEPT of multiplication. Only at P2, then they need to memorise the times table.

      Now that she is in P2, she starts to memorise her times table. At this age, she is more matured and can memorise easily. At the same time, she also understands what she is actually memorising. Her tutor made her memorise by singing songs. She sings them to us after every tuition class.

      Unlike my days, when my parents made us memorise with a cane on hand. Haha.

      posted in Mathematics
      M
      Mummy Pauline
    • RE: Teaching Fractions

      These are what I observed from my niece’s learning from her tutor.

      1) Understand what numerator and denominator mean. N: number of parts needed. 😧 total number of parts
      2) Use of cake to understand fractions. Through here, she understands that fractions can only be formed when being cut EQUALLY.
      3) Folding papers
      4) The tutor then uses some magnetic fraction sets
      5) Play fraction card games and board games with her other friends in the group
      6) Put her knowledge into practice.

      When we went to pizza hut last week, she was able to recognise fractions and kept telling me how she likes Math. I think having fun while learning is definitely beneficial to a child’s learning.
      Hope this helps! 😃

      posted in Mathematics
      M
      Mummy Pauline
    • RE: No Tution for Maths - Lower Primary

      Constant revision is necessary. If your child is good, expose him to heuristics questions. However, if you think that he is lagging behind, some remediation is needed so that his foundation is always there for him to progress.

      posted in Mathematics
      M
      Mummy Pauline
    • 1 / 1
      About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy