miiniworld:The SOTA admin told me that the briefing session will sometime on the last week of October before the options exercise. Confusing info they are giving here :roll:Oops... We will be back fr hols on 11th night... Hope wont miss the session if it is on tt wk.taurbear:Anyone called SOTA to enquire on Briefing session? I called and they replied there will be briefing after the option is exercised around the week commencing Dec 11.
Anyone knows more than that?
Posts
-
RE: DSA 2017
-
RE: School Of The Arts, Singapore
SOTA parents… i understand SOTA does not have CCA. One of the benefits of CCA is that it fosters interaction among students in different classes and level and creates an opportunity for the kid to learn new skills in a team…
I am wondering if SOTA has something similar ? Perhaps on an informal basis?
Appreciate your feedback. Thanks -
RE: School Of The Arts, Singapore
Thanks SOTAmusic and Lexis for insights to the current environment in SOTA. They are very helpful in our consideration.

-
RE: School Of The Arts, Singapore
Thanks rivervalekid and taubear for sharing. Sad that people can take it so personallly. It’s always good to keep an open mind.
I DD has CO in SOTA. I have no doubt that IB is a good Programme,. But I have a nagging concern. I read from the feedback from some students in Reddit that there is a general dissatisfaction over the management of SOTA … which has caused good Teachers to leave and lowered the morale of the students and remaining Teachers. Has anyone heard anything or feedback on the current calibre of the Teachers and the environment there? Thanks. -
RE: DSA 2017
DD managed to get CO for visual arts as well. So happy, now no need to stress so much over PSLE. Actually only subject DD is weak in is mother tongue and she is really weak at it. So thank God there is DSA, otherwise it will be so sad to be penalised just for second language alone.
-
RE: DSA 2017
Called up NJC. They said they have not released results yet. Results will be via email and post.
-
RE: DSA 2017
May I know if a similar situation of such streaming occurs in NJC? Thanks
-
RE: Bukit Timah Primary
Thank you for your response and feedback. Appreciate your time taken for it. There tends to be more rote learning in Singapore, more so last time than now. They are progressively trying to foster more Creative and critical thinking in kids but I personally feel the large class sizes and the emphasis on end of year exams hinder that.
-
RE: Princess Elizabeth Primary
Hi everyone
I heard there is a change in leadership in the school. Would like to have your feedback if the direction of the school is still the same or is there a new different focus?
Appreciate your feedback to know if the Teachers are helpful and patient in helping the primary 1 kids to ease into formal education? Do they practice open communication and take parent’s feedback seriously?
Also are there fun elements in learning such as Maths, and Mother tongue?
Is the curriculum holistic?
Do the kids have time to play with their friends? I personally think especially in the first few years, having time to build their social skills are important.
Many thanks in anticipation of your feedback.