Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login
    1. Home
    2. orangepops
    3. Posts
    Offline
    • Profile
    • Following 0
    • Followers 0
    • Topics 1
    • Posts 14
    • Groups 0

    Posts

    Recent Best Controversial
    • RE: Marymount Kindergarten

      My dd is confirmed for Jan-2015 pre-nursery intake. Hubby and I visited the new campus location in Toa Payoh. Very disappointed as there is truly no more wide open play areas left for the kids. The new compound itself is in fact surrounded by concrete buildings on four sides. Sad but i guess we have to accept this in today's world.


      What worries us most though is that MMK is increasing intake for next year. There will be almost doubling of the number of pre-N classes (total AM+PM classes). I guess upper levels will also be increased. I wonder if the kids will still have proper attention (as there might be less quality control over teachers) and whether MMK can still provide the nurturning environment it was reknowned for til-date. :nailbite: :nailbite: :nailbite:

      posted in Kindergartens
      orangepopsO
      orangepops
    • RE: Pibos Garden Preschool

      Follow-up to above, I sent my child to their Hua Guan campus.

      posted in Playgroups
      orangepopsO
      orangepops
    • RE: Pibos Garden Preschool

      I sent my child to Pibo’s for 6-months, but we have since moved him to Preschool by the Park. As a foreigner, we assumed that we simply had had to "downgrade" our expectations basing on our Pibo’s experience as the teachers there seemed bored and the administrator "cold"…


      But since we started in Preschool by the Park, we have found happiness and fascination with the Singapore educational system. The teachers in Preschool are very animated, caring, and thoughtful. Within our first week of signing up for the school, they had sent us daily personalized email updates on our son, invtations for in-school events, and an outreach program for an orphanage. I have met all their teachers, administrators, and even their cook… all of them personally approached me to introduce themselves and to ask what would be needed for my son!

      I guess the biggest difference for me was when I was just starting my child in both schools. Pibos would not allow me to stay in the school to see their activities. Preschool encouraged me to stay in the school for a whole day to see what was being done so that I can feel at peace and (more importantly) so I can help my son feel at peace. Note of course this was only one-day and not a daily accompaniment, but Pibo’s admin was very strict against this. To be fair, this may be a more caucasian targetted school, and I am Chinese.

      I consider my son’s time in Pibo’s has been a good learning for me. I suggest for you to consider asking how much involvement the school allows before enrolling your child. For me, I prefer being closely engaged by the school.

      posted in Playgroups
      orangepopsO
      orangepops
    • RE: Preschool by the Park

      Hi There! I dont really have a lot of feedback yet for Preschool by the Park as I've just started my son in their nursery program. But I did note from checks that they are an accedited Childcare (MYCS) and not a Kindergarten (MOE). I guess you may want to download the list of accredited Kindergartens if your objective is to send your child somewhere that can prepare you child for P1. List can be downloaded from below. Just my two cents worth... 😄

      http://www.moe.gov.sg/education/preschool/find-a-kindergarten/

      posted in Playgroups
      orangepopsO
      orangepops
    • 1
    • 2
    • 2 / 2
      About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy