The son with tummyache is me. Ha ha.
Today he still complained and wanted to go to grandma’s place. He even dug his throat to induce vomit but we still said no.
His teacher very supportive and smsed and called me to update on his progress so I’m quite assured.
Anyway, the teacher told me they have received their diary today. They will issue letter soon about payment and also on some trips they are going. The teacher said it will be slow for the first term and learning things like ABC, Numbers frm 1 t0 10.
Posts
-
RE: De La Salle
-
RE: De La Salle
Hi
Attended the parenting seminar on Sat and learnt a lot from parents:
a. No exams for P1 but a series of mini tests which will determined their ranking.
b. CCA not compulsory and not recommended. But if kid really interested, then to go for it as focus in P1 is settle them in.
c. Got public phone in school near canteen.
My questions are how do we know teachers teach until where each day else how we revise?
Regarding this week’s chinese spelling, is it to learn the entire hanyupinyin?
Next week is to celebrate new year. Remember to bring the things that are in the list. -
RE: De La Salle
I am totally overwhelmed. So these are the things that P1 need to do? But the first 2 weeks seem so relaxed.
My kid said stomache last 2 days so haven’t seen any notification. He did the same today but we insisted he attends. Have also alerted the form teacher.
For art, my kid said must put newspaper too guess to protect the desk if they do watercolour.
So which parent is attending the seminar on Sat? I am and it’ll be gd to catch up. -
RE: De La Salle
Sysac:
HiHi yellowbelt,
Great to knw yr kid is also in 1H
I didn't sign up for the seminar as I am nt able to make it. We'll slowly get to know one another.
Lot 1
Hi all,
Btw, I was at Popular Lot 1 & BPP. Subject files can be bought at BPP. Managed to get them this aftnn. Stock is running low so make a quick run there is you want to get them this weekend
My name is Paulyn.
Ok, see all the P1 mummies this Sat then.
By the way, the files are just normal transparent files with the punched holes. Only the binding part is coloured.
Re the meet the parents session, I heard it from the office. -
RE: De La Salle
I heard that they will arrange for a session to meet P1 parents either this month or next month. Fyi.
-
RE: De La Salle
Sysac:
HiHi mummies,
I emailed the form teacher about the sch diary nt being available at the bookshop. She told me she wld let me know when it's available. I will let you know when I hear from her. Let's keep each other posted. As for the subject files, I understand that we can get the red one from Popular. The other colours will come in at Popular next week. I will try my luck this weekend.
Are you buying the chinese weekly magazines? The Chinese teacher gave out a free copy and an order envelope today. I ordered.
My son takes the bus back to CCK crescent. St 52 is near the original school site?
Anyway, the form teacher & MT teacher have provided their HP numbers so need nt call the ofc once you hve those numbers
My kid in 1H too.
I didn't read properly so it seems like its my kid who didn't bring the letter home. He brought the letter given by chinese teacher home yesterday but not the english one. So my hubby asked for 1 from the teacher.
We got the transport for him already.
Perhaps meet up during the seminar on 14 and 21 Jan. I hv signed up and its just $10. Good for us to interact too with other P1 mummies. -
RE: De La Salle
The teacher said she did call for the books but because some students probably never queue up to pass to her. Ok, I thought it should be checked.
Not sure if expecting too much from the school but I guess will take it as an opportunity to teach my kid to be more responsible for his own things.
We just received a letter from the Chinese teacher today.
As for assessment, teacher said English no test in term 1. Spelling usually on Fri and she will pass the spelling list to us when its ready.
Are any of you attending the Sat seminars on 14 and 21 Jan? We can then get to know each other.
Also, any of your kids taking school bus back to St 52? -
RE: De La Salle
I only hv timetable, no other letters. Called office and they said only way to contact teacher is to call the office and hope they are around.
Can I know what are the info on the introductory letter? Tks.
As for Art, the office said just bring crayons.
I didn’t want to bring art bag as his bag is already v heavy. Things that we were asked to bring on Wed, like books and folders were all brought back. So dun know why they hv to bring.
Pls share info with me as my child’s form teacher seems a bit slow in communication.
By the way, u know how they are assessed? When are tests and exams etc? -
RE: De La Salle
Hi
Today was first day for my P1 child. Quite surprised that it was a quiet affair for us parents as my other friends whose kids are in other parents are given talks and tours of school and allowed to observe the classes.
For us, we dun even get to see them during recess and no timetable or note from teacher given to me at all.
I feel totally cut off with no interaction and dun know what to expect for the next few days. Is it usually done this way? -
RE: De La Salle
I called the school and was told parents will not be allowed into the school on the first day.
So excited although worried that he is not able to concentrate.