Any news about appeal in RGS?
Posts
-
RE: Appeal Secondary One Posting
-
RE: DSA 2015
Has anyone tried appealing for DSA result or switch domain after submission of applications? Say to RGS?
-
RE: DSA 2015
Ikid:
Helping a friend to ask, anyone received interview email from RGS (Domain: English)?
TIA
Anyone got interview emails from CL, TL EL or Science domain? Only Math domain selected? -
RE: DSA 2015
keithleo:
Nush & HCI use their own selection tests, not GAT.polarbear:
No idea. But I know of someone who hasn't finished 1/3 of GAT got called up for many schools... Including NUSH, HCI and TJC.
What to make out of that?
So these students apply to NUSH n HCi using their own P5 n P6 marks first, then if selected, sit for their own test / camp? -
RE: DSA 2015
keithleo:
Nush & HCI use their own selection tests, not GAT.polarbear:
No idea. But I know of someone who hasn't finished 1/3 of GAT got called up for many schools... Including NUSH, HCI and TJC.
What to make out of that?
So these students apply to NUSH n HCi using their own P5 n P6 marks first, then if selected, sit for their own test / camp? -
RE: DSA 2015
cyc2015:
Polarbear :
Could it be the girl with 2A 2B has done exceptionally well for the GAT? I think the schools have thousands of applicants, and they probably cannot sieve through every individua'ls achievements to decide. There may be a 1st round of sieving that may be based on GAT results, and those that din't do as well in GAT (compared with rest of applicants) may not make the cut then. This applies everywhere, even for uni entry or job application whereby intake is large.BusyB:
[quote=\"polarbear\"]
Well, the student I described and who had been shortlisted has no other talents apart from her 2A and 2Bs. The other student I heard has EAGLES and other awards. Strange selection process. Well rounded, all rounded? ... Think it's very subjective.
How many schs did the student(s) with A*, Eagles & other awards apply to? Were they called up for other schs' interview? If not called up for any interview so far, then GAT is the likely reason.
Like what Busyb says, the schs have to use certain yardstick to sieve out the 1st round.[/quote]
No idea. But I know of someone who hasn't finished 1/3 of GAT got called up for many schools... Including NUSH, HCI and TJC.
What to make out of that? -
RE: DSA 2015
BlueBells:
polarbear:
I just heard : a student who scores 2 As and 2 Bs got called up for interview and those who got A*A for all subjects are not. It seems they believe the ones who have done well academically can get through using their PSLE score???? What makes them think the kids will choose their school if they have great scores? The ball is no longer in their court then.
Ok, I know you'll try to convince me that they are looking out for some criteria other than the exceptional academic results. Then perhaps, be transparent and state that clearly in the DSA selection criteria - Its only for the GEppers and the average students.
Sorry to say, but there is no surprises here.
I don't think DSA is about how top notch one is academically; but rather, how well the school deem the applicant to be a fit to the school in all aspects. I have heard of Gepper who scored >93% and yet wasn't given any CO from RGS.
Well, the student I described and who had been shortlisted has no other talents apart from her 2A and 2Bs. The other student I heard has EAGLES and other awards. Strange selection process. Well rounded, all rounded? ... Think it's very subjective. -
RE: DSA 2015
Anyone got email for interview in other domains for RGS? Science? EL?
-
RE: DSA 2015
What time was the email sent today?
Anyone from other domains also received email on interview?[/quote]
Hi cyc2015… my dd under Math domain received email. I received around 5.40pm today.[/quote]
Nandus, how did you child fare for Math in p5 SA2 and P6SA1? Did she find the selection test tough? -
RE: DSA 2015
I just heard : a student who scores 2 As and 2 Bs got called up for interview and those who got A*A for all subjects are not. It seems they believe the ones who have done well academically can get through using their PSLE score??? What makes them think the kids will choose their school if they have great scores? The ball is no longer in their court then.
Ok, I know you’ll try to convince me that they are looking out for some criteria other than the exceptional academic results. Then perhaps, be transparent and state that clearly in the DSA selection criteria - Its only for the GEppers and the average students.