Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login
    1. Home
    2. preciousmoments
    3. Posts
    P
    Offline
    • Profile
    • Following 0
    • Followers 0
    • Topics 0
    • Posts 77
    • Groups 0

    Posts

    Recent Best Controversial
    • RE: St Andrew's Junior

      Hi Elliot mum


      Is it true that the sports CCAs in St Andrews are by selection only, only at the end of P2?

      2013-P3 Integrity-Elliot mum:
      My son will be in P3 next year.

      He will be joining swimming as CCA (Last selection in nov'12).
      Every Mon & Wed 2-3pm.

      I also like him to join the Club Scouts.
      Every Friday morning and some Saturdays.
      Those interested to join CS, pls take note :
      When school term starts in January, Mr Jimmy Lim will make announcement to distribute the registration form.
      Then he will post the troop meeting on the CCA notice board located just outside the PE room.
       If you all are watching the movie \"Wreck-it Ralph\", please keep the movie tickets, as the CS will be doing a project to earn a limited edition badge from Disney and Singapore Scout Association.

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      P
      preciousmoments
    • RE: 2013 P1 Registration Exercise for 2014 In-Take

      [quote]Hi PHTTHP, thank you for your response. I know that my children will be under Phase3 (I stated that in my initial post) and I actually browsed through the MOE and this thread/ forum/ website quite extensively before posting but those are not really what I was asking for. I am familiar with St. Stephen's (both nephews were there) and CHIJs (many friends from CHIJs) and I know most Catholic schools are not co-ed (I grew up in SIN but that was many moons ago 😄 )


      1. Co-ed schools in Telok Kurau area - what I meant was ANY co-ed schools (non Catholic). I came across Telok Kurau Primary, Opera Estate etc but I know nothing about them (I am not even contemplating Ngee Ann or Tao Nan) so any feedback, thoughts or suggestion of other schools nearby (even Bedok area) would be really helpful.

      2. Catholic co-ed schools - I read somewhere on this website that there are 3 co-ed Catholic primary schools. Not in Telok Kurau area, I know that much. But I can't find that thread again nor could I find anything from the Archdiocese website. I was just wondering if anyone knows it at the top of your head.

      Having said that, thanks again for responding. I'll wait for future responses. Warm regards from Canada![/quote]The 3 Catholic co-ed schools are De La Salle and St Anthony's Primary, both in the Choa Chu Kang / Bukit Batok area, and Holy Innocents' Pri in Hougang.

      posted in Primary Schools - Selection & Registration
      P
      preciousmoments
    • RE: 2013 P1 Registration Exercise for 2014 In-Take

      2007parents:
      hi all, first time posting.

      I have a peculiar case here.
      I have both DD and DS born in 2007, not twins but different month.
      if i registered them for P1, will the school take them in as 1 group, same as twins?
      If so, will I get 4 ballot tickets or 2 tickets?

      According to my colleague who has two girls born in February and December of the same year, MOE treats them as 2 separate applications, cannot be considered as a combined application like twins. They registered this year.

      posted in Primary Schools - Selection & Registration
      P
      preciousmoments
    • RE: [Novena] Primary Schools

      This is correct. There is no affiliation advantage to enter the IP program.

      2hotTOhandle:
      correct me if I am wrong, but I thought entry into the IP prog only considers COP, and it does not take into account affiliation, so there is no advantage for scgs girls wanting to enter the IP programme? That is my understanding anyway.

      posted in Primary Schools - Selection & Registration
      P
      preciousmoments
    • RE: "branded" sch vs neighbourhood sch

      Chenonceau:
      enne:

      Chenonceau: tats very bad!!

      cant imgaine that.. how did the girls cope then?

      Some powerful person whose daughter got chopped found a way to remove the dinosaur. Now, a powerful person = smart person with high IQ. Why would daughter of high IQ person get chopped if the school had been duly diligent? After all, parent IQ is the strongest predictor of child IQ.

      I would think the above is a sweeping generalization and may not hold true for all.

      In any case, the dinosaur had since been removed and hence, the said branded school may no longer be under as bad a management as you have described. We should perhaps give the school another chance.

      I am very interested in the neighborhood school your son went to though I know you will not reveal. Different people have different views on what makes a neighborhood school. Rosyth for one is right smack in the middle of many HDB flats but I would hardly call it a neighbourhood school.

      posted in Recess Time
      P
      preciousmoments
    • RE: Singapore Chinese Girls' Primary

      Thanks!

      Courage:
      preciousmoments:

      Hi, can I check on days when there r PE lessons, do the P1 & P2 gals need to wear skirts over the bloomers?
      Thanks

      P1 & P2 gals do not need to wear skirts over the bloomers during PE days.

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      P
      preciousmoments
    • RE: Singapore Chinese Girls' Primary

      Hi, can I check on days when there r PE lessons, do the P1 & P2 gals need to wear skirts over the bloomers?

      Thanks

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      P
      preciousmoments
    • RE: Marymount Convent

      Hi worriedparent74


      My DD told me today that this week's 听写 has been postponed to next week cos of CNY.

      WorriedParent74:
      Hi Tinkerbelle

      Thanks for the update
      If my DD has not updated me wrongly, the teacher just 'cancelled' the tingxie and did not mention when is the next session so she is asking if she has to get prepared everyday till she is being tested??!! I also dont know how to answer her but tell her just be prepared for it 😞

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      P
      preciousmoments
    • RE: Opinions of the Primary School Registration System

      Have we ever been brought up to believe that the world is fair? Nothing is fair, even from birth, some are borned into rich families while others not. Why then do we insist that policies have to be fair? There will always be groups of people who cannot benefit from any policy implemented.


      I think most of us grow up with our parents telling us to study hard for a better future. Who then can we blame if we do not turn out to be professionals sought after as PVs now? Do we blame those professionals who have strived hard to be where they are now, easing into the system of PVs?

      I am no professional, just a plain working class mother. My PV application has been rejected before. I have been balloted out of a school before. I regret not working hard enough during my school days. I have nobody to blame but myself.

      I am not so naive as to believe that the world and all the policies and systems in any country can be fair. I accept this fact. There is no way any system can be fair. I am no pro-government. I have many complaints to make on the government sector, especially the grassroot leaders. But I am grateful and content that we have a safe and prosperous country with a sound government to live in. Think Thailand, think Egypt.

      posted in Recess Time
      P
      preciousmoments
    • RE: Marymount Convent

      acbj:
      Hi Ivkt & funkymonkey


      Not sure if you heard of this but it seems that crocodile's meat/soup is really good for asthmatic cough. The one at old airport road hawker taste good. You won't know it's croc meat, it tastes like chicken.
      :lol: :lol:

      Hope that both your DD feels better soon.
      I've heard that before but have never tried.. is that true?

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      P
      preciousmoments
    • 1
    • 2
    • 3
    • 4
    • 5
    • 6
    • 7
    • 8
    • 1 / 8
      About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy