slmkhoo:Thanks for your advice.I think I will just do that.QueenOfGreenBean:My family is going away from Singapore in the holidays and we will return around new year.My daughter is in Primary 6 this year,so that means she won't be able to report to her new secondary school on 20 December.And it seems that there is always ice breaking activities held at the school.So what I mean to ask is : Are they very important and is attendance mandatory/very much recommended? :scratchhead: I'm not sure if I have to change my travel schedule because of this :xedfingers: so do post your experiences if your kids took part before!
My daughter didn't attend as we were away so I can't say how important the activities are. The important thing is that you should appoint a proxy to register at the school on that day, otherwise they may assume that you don't want the place.