Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login
    1. Home
    2. Rational_Parent
    3. Posts
    R
    Offline
    • Profile
    • Following 0
    • Followers 0
    • Topics 3
    • Posts 164
    • Groups 0

    Posts

    Recent Best Controversial
    • RE: Appeal Secondary One Posting

      jenchee:
      What document do we need to submit for the appeal?

      I think your answer is somewhere in here http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=24263&start=5690

      posted in Secondary Schools - Selection
      R
      Rational_Parent
    • RE: DSA 2012

      mamona:
      Thanks so much for your clarification. Yes I did the online submission by 27th Oct. So now I have to do nothing only need to appear on 20th Dec to the school right?

      If you are successful in the DSA then the school allocated to you, the date and time to report, and so on (e.g. 3rd language, HMT, EESIS eligibility,etc) will be indicated in the reply slip when you collect the PLSE result. If you are unsuccessful then you will have to submit the S1 posting form instead indicating the 6 choices of schools.

      So do you have the reply slip indicating the above? If not then something may be amiss.

      posted in Secondary Schools - Selection
      R
      Rational_Parent
    • RE: PSLE 2012 - Results Discussion

      For Janet and those with younger ones waiting their turn for the PSLE, it is paramount that you demonstrate strength in the face of such setbacks because those younger ones might pick up the negative vibes which inadvertently will add a little more stress when their turns come around. And it is also important to assess and act and not pile more stuff on those younger ones just because the performance of the elder ones was unexpected. Always remember every child is different.


      I always feel parents like Janet who have the courage to post their setbacks on forums will have the same spirit to pick themselves and their children up and move on. And to move on in the right direction, one has to assess, reflect and rectify. There are more important milestones to overcome and it is imperative that a child grow to appreciate that life is not a bed of roses, and neither is life a bunch thorns; it is a journey where there will be victories as well as setbacks.

      Someone once said this to me a long time ago when I asked how is life: " Life is a series of problems, lah". I take this to mean life is full of challenges which one has to take on at various stages. How true this short reply.

      Just my 2 cents worth.

      posted in Secondary Schools - Selection
      R
      Rational_Parent
    • RE: DSA 2012

      mamona:

      Yes I also want to know what are we supposed to do now
      If our kids are accepted via DSA. Do we need to contact the
      school or what? Can someone give some info.
      jtoh:
      Just report to the DSA school at which you were accepted. No need to call the school.
      MeKiasuLeh:
      Not sure if you want to do that, especially if you get more than one offers and your top choice is on WL.
      jtoh:
      :? :? :? We're talking about DSA here. Her confirmed school is already assigned her. There is no more CO and WL at this point.
      Ah yes, you are right. I was a little confused when a question like this pops up when all successful DSA applicants in P6 would have gotten their PLSE result slip together with the option/eligibility form indicating the sec school they are allocated, and time and date (Dec 20th 8:30am) to report to that school.

      posted in Secondary Schools - Selection
      R
      Rational_Parent
    • RE: DSA 2012

      jtoh:
      mamona:


      Yes I also want to know what are we supposed to do now
      If our kids are accepted via DSA. Do we need to contact the
      school or what? Can someone give some info.

      Just report to the DSA school at which you were accepted. No need to call the school.

      Not sure if you want to do that, especially if you get more than one offers and your top choice is on WL.

      posted in Secondary Schools - Selection
      R
      Rational_Parent
    • RE: DSA 2012

      mamona:

      Yes I also want to know what are we supposed to do now
      If our kids are accepted via DSA. Do we need to contact the
      school or what? Can someone give some info.
      I supposed you have received on 22nd Oct and submitted (by Oct 27th) the preference form in which you rank your choice of schools if you have more than one COs and/or WLs. If so then you will be notified just like those participating in the S1 posting. If you contact the school then you probably will get the same thing that I put here. So relax.

      posted in Secondary Schools - Selection
      R
      Rational_Parent
    • RE: 2012 PSLE Discussions and Strategy

      janet_lee88:
      I feel like a smart Alec...telling you all about assessment books and yet don't know why son had such results. Maybe I should leave this forum. I don't know how to continue here.

      Your contributions in this forum have been exemplary and appreciated. This forum needs people like you.

      Don't despair and stay strong for your children sake, although it is a hard thing to do after such a setback. Take this as an opportunity to show your strength to your children and show them how to overcome setbacks. So long as there is will and an eagerness to continue putting in efforts to improve academically and holistically, there will be light at the end of the tunnel. Remember life is full of ups and downs. So it may be down now but an 'up' may be around the corner.

      Sometimes a 'down' like this can spur a child to greater heights. This may well happen. I know because I have a nephew in exactly the same situation but now doing pretty well and yearn for the 'O' level to come soon.

      posted in Primary 6 & PSLE
      R
      Rational_Parent
    • RE: 2012 PSLE Discussions and Strategy

      Champion:
      janet_lee88:

      My son didn't very well.


      Mummy Janet Dear :snuggles: :hugs:
      Big Hugs to you and please cheer up 😄

      Ya cheer up, its not the end of the world, and the kid could be a late bloomer. After all, your DS did put in lots of effort. You may have to assess where or what the shortcomings are and find ways to rectify it AFTER a long rest for both.

      I read on another thread that someone wants to appeal. You might want to consider this for the sole reason of wanting to know exactly what went amiss and not as an appeal per se.

      posted in Primary 6 & PSLE
      R
      Rational_Parent
    • RE: PSLE 2012 - Results Discussion

      small:
      MeKiasuLeh:

      DS = 265+2 (3A* + 1A).


      Care to share which subject did he score 'A' ? Thanks.

      English. He commented his composition (re: strange sound in library) was probably written out of context. I replied: \"never mind, well done, and you should be proud. Just stay happy and move on for the road ahead is long and full of challenges\".

      posted in Secondary Schools - Selection
      R
      Rational_Parent
    • RE: PSLE 2012 - Report Results Only, No Discussions

      DS = 265+2 (3A* + 1A). For a boy who is not into books until a week before PSLE, was still on computer before, during and after PLSE, I have absolutely no complain. My other half always screamed "must study hard" while I always countered "must maintain balance". I am glad I won.


      School top student = 270+3; a neighbour school in the east. Last year’s top student = 269+3.

      Congrats to all. And regardless of your expectations and aspirations, look ahead and not back and move on because in sec school we all start on a clean slate; PSLE & T-score is history.

      posted in Secondary Schools - Selection
      R
      Rational_Parent
    • 1 / 1
      About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy