Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login
    1. Home
    2. Rational_Parent
    3. Posts
    R
    Offline
    • Profile
    • Following 0
    • Followers 0
    • Topics 3
    • Posts 164
    • Groups 0

    Posts

    Recent Best Controversial
    • RE: NUS law prof in CPIB probe over exchanging grades for sex

      Rational_Parent:
      I think the most damaging part for him is those gifts he received without declaring to the Uni as required. He tried to show that he'd paid for the pen but was flatly denied by DK. So if the pen was a belated birthday present or a token of love for him, why would he tried to proof that he'd paid for it? While the sexual favours may be consensual, I feel he'll not be able to remove this tail from the donkey's back even without the blindfold on.


      NBG case is more challenging for the prosecution to proof acts of corruption imho, and the defense attorney has been superb in the handling of the case so far.

      posted in Recess Time
      R
      Rational_Parent
    • RE: Punggol East By-Election coming ? MP steps down

      concern2:
      ChiefKiasu:

      I like what the professor said about kiasu parents... Lol.


      Maybe he's one of us :evil:

      The way he spoke about mindset and baby bonus/cost of living, I think he actually took a leaf or two from points that I'd made in this post to formulate his speech:
      http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=50004&start=20

      No? Took from someone else? One Principal literally told new sec students recently during orientation that if he does not speak well, it will be highlighted in this forum the next day! So you see, this KSP forum is definitely gaining traction.

      posted in Recess Time
      R
      Rational_Parent
    • RE: Rated S for Scary - About fengshui and supernatural stuff

      Nebbermind:
      ChiefKiasu:

      [quote=\"Rational_Parent\"]... I'm by nature a mentally strong individual but stories here are beginning to give me goose bumps. I guess I got to empty a bottle of wine now so that I can get sleep without thinking about all these stories now.


      Too late. The seed has been sowed. You'll be looking under the bed before you sleep in hotels from now on. :evil:

      [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDPLFQc07_c][/youtube][/quote]I'm glad the bottle of wine works last night. But you folks got to rub it in, don't you both? Ahhhh, got to go get a few more bottles.

      I guess I've to return the favour before I do:

      [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDjwQIneBks][/youtube]

      posted in Recess Time
      R
      Rational_Parent
    • RE: Punggol East By-Election coming ? MP steps down

      concern2:
      octoberbaby:

      chill chill, they are KiasuGrandMaster, they are just kidding each other.


      :yikes: Didn't realized I hit over 3000 posts!

      Actually, we all 不大不相识! 😄

      Rationalparent, what you see here is considered 'mild' liao 😆 - we had some threads that had been embargoed in the past, sealed up for good. We just air our opinions and thoughts. You gotta be here long enough to get the feel of each other's character. Love it or hate it, many have come and gone 🤷 So has many MIW supporters. 3boys is one of the rare ones left here. For those who come back, it is somehow the mutual agreement to disagree. There is always something that we can learn from each other, whether they are your enemy or your friend. 三人行必有我师。 The good thing is that you don't see them day in day out - you don't like it, you give yourself a break. You feel like being kapoh a bit, you chip in. Of course, there are also some who contribute just to add flames. You can tell them apart from the genuine contributors - if you are here long enough.

      As for 3boys...he's just asking for it 😆 :siam:

      In case you don't know, I've been around for quite awhile. The only thing is that I don't post in the past but felt selfish not to contribute after some time. And yes, I do see threads being embargoed because they contained outright name calling or that they have totally deviated from thread subjects. Give it to the chief for doing a great job policing the forum. This thread is not embargoed so it's all good.

      Take a break? I always do. In fact, I spend more of my free time reading biz/political news (US ones interest me more) and watching chess tournaments (e.g. http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=8795 ) on the web than on this forum. But this forum gives me a different outlet in which I also enjoy. Rest assured I'm rational and not the 'bring it on, type\".

      Do I enjoy all the bantering? Sometimes. Do I appreciate all the different views? Certainly. Otherwise, I would have taken a hike. So keep the posts coming, folks. You too, 3Boys ( the main contributor to that 3000 figure!).

      posted in Recess Time
      R
      Rational_Parent
    • RE: Punggol East By-Election coming ? MP steps down

      Sun_2010:
      Rational_Parent:

      It is amazing how forumers contribute to a forum in a political discussion like this thread. As some have already noticed, one (3Boys) in particular seems to argue tooth and nails for the establishment (PAP) like there is no tomorrow while ridiculing others (opposition), urging all to vote carefully, as in this post

      http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=47302&start=750

      but when it comes to the crunch, the vote (of 3Boys) might well go the other way (opposition). :?
      http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=47302&start=780

      http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=50004&start=40

      So 3Boys, care to give us an insight as to how you actually voted then and what exactly transform you to be siding the every party you'd voted against now? Bet you many are intrigue.

      Rational _parent, there are many many readers in this thread , with opposing views, but not everyone is articulate enough, not everyone chooses to fight this battle

      As for 3B's views, let me just say that we all have different prespectives , different experiences and different prejudices, and the more diverse the view the better we will evolve.

      And this poem by Yeats somehow comes to mind

      An Irish Airman Foresees His Death

      I know that I shall meet my fate
      Somewhere among the clouds above;
      Those that I fight I do not hate,
      Those that I guard I do not love;
      My country is Kiltartan Cross,
      My countrymen Kiltartan's poor,
      No likely end could bring them loss
      Or leave them happier than before.

      Nor law, nor duty bade me fight,
      Nor public men, nor cheering crowds,
      A lonely impulse of delight
      Drove to this tumult in the clouds;
      I balanced all, brought all to mind,
      The years to come seemed waste of breath,
      A waste of breath the years behind
      In balance with this life, this death.

      Sure we all have opposing views and different perspectives and prejudices. This is exactly what we expect from an open forum. But to say one thing strongly and openly declare doing another really intrigues me.

      I read most of 3Boys posts with interest because most of the time he do substantiate his arguments to hammer home his thoughts and he does articulate them extremely well, as with all other heavy contributors like way2go, concerns, strparent, pirate to name a few.

      But I hope 3Boys can be a little circumspect in his reply to others in this open forum because I think one forumer (rains) appears to be scared when posting this:
      http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=50004&start=40

      Ok, I won't go there since my inquiry appears troubling, and thanks for the poetry. 😄

      posted in Recess Time
      R
      Rational_Parent
    • RE: Punggol East By-Election coming ? MP steps down

      It is amazing how forumers contribute to a forum in a political discussion like this thread. As some have already noticed, one (3Boys) in particular seems to argue tooth and nails for the establishment (PAP) like there is no tomorrow while ridiculing others (opposition), urging all to vote carefully, as in this post

      http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=47302&start=750

      but when it comes to the crunch, the vote (of 3Boys) might well go the other way (opposition). :?
      http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=47302&start=780

      http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=50004&start=40

      So 3Boys, care to give us an insight as to how you actually voted then and what exactly transform you to be siding the every party you'd voted against now? Bet you many are intrigue.

      posted in Recess Time
      R
      Rational_Parent
    • RE: Punggol East By-Election coming ? MP steps down

      sunflower:
      3Boys:

      [quote=\"pirate\"]

      I am not firmly in the opposition camp. Heck, I voted PAP the last time. ...

      Heck, I voted opposition last time.

      This is really farnee…one wrote so vehemently to support one side but in the end voted for the OTHER party. Haha…I guess ultimately, we are all rational people who will vote for the BEST candidate (according to our own sets of criteria as to what is best), and not vote for whatever party blindly.[/quote]He may not think it is funny because he's one serious and careful voter, based on his post (in red) below.
      3Boys:
      concern2:


      Yes, one can never be certain of the future, and that is the beauty and possibly scary thing about life and the decisions one make. 10 years ago, I did not even know I would discuss politics the way I do today. Perhaps one day, or it is already starting to happen, opposition supporters will blame incumbent supporters, perhaps incumbent supporters will blame opposition supporters, 🤷 So become communist better? Then no one gets to vote better? 🤷

      I'm not a gambler, if one makes a decision, I can only hope one makes an informed one, not roll the dice and hope for the best.

      posted in Recess Time
      R
      Rational_Parent
    • RE: Punggol East By-Election coming ? MP steps down

      raysusan:
      octoberbaby:

      [quote=\"looking4Tutor\"]Just as they introduce FT to make our lives better, we should also introdue some OP to make their jobs easier.



      YES.

      Anyhow introduce FT without even expanding infrastructure beforehand. It is time we should do the same.

      HDB policy loophole helps New citizens get BTO flats faster than Native Citizens
      [quote]Married couple with children (up to 16 years old) given priority for HDB flat (1st applicant)…

      Singaporeans: 1st book a HDB flat, get married after getting flat, THEN have children

      New Citizens : Ready made teenagers children (7-16 yrs old), come to Singapore, given priority to book a HDB Flat because the married couple new citizens have children already.

      ==> Singaporeans cannot get married becos HDB flats are taken by the New citizens with their “ready made” teenager children.

      ==> This is in fact, a measure aim at helping NEW CITIZENS (FTs) to give birth and once again Singaporeans are discriminated.

      Due to the Daft policies of the former fake talent HDB minister Mah Boh Tan, New citizens have studied the loophole really well and are now exploiting the situation. It seems this policy is being deliberately created to favour new citizen votes, and to oppress native citizens.

      We should be expecting this from a oppressive government like the PAP judging from its track record, elitist and capitalistic power hungry nature. These scholars sit in front of the computer everyday doing statistics. Who are they trying to fool ???

      Due to some sharp internet readers, the issue has been highlighted in the CNA forum:

      http://forum.channelnewsasia.com/showthread.php?410641-HDB-help-New-Citizens-to-get-flats-faster-native-SC-are-screwed-by-new-policy

      Next time u going to get married and u have to wait 10 years becos all the new hdb are taken away by 1st time applicant, those family with children. I doubt singaporeans would have children before they apply a flat, but I definitely believe 100% that New citizens (FTs) will apply a new hdb flat by asking their children to come over and join them.

      As Singaporean families who have paid taxes over the years to support the economy in Singapore, and their sons who have served National Service sacrificing 2 years of their lives of their prime youth years, let me ask u – do u all deserve this ?

      My dear friends, the state of the flawed policies in Singapore created by the self talented ministers are now beginning to come to light.[/quote]\\
      http://www.tremeritus.com/2013/01/22/hdb-policy-loophole-helps-new-citizens-get-bto-flats-faster-than-native-citizens/[/quote]Thanks for the materials, videos, etc. Keep up the good work @raysusan.

      posted in Recess Time
      R
      Rational_Parent
    • RE: Punggol East By-Election coming ? MP steps down

      pirate:
      octoberbaby:

      Now how to differentiate Singapore Citizens? Native and New?


      That one I already answer before[quote](1) new SC
      (2) grew up in Singapore SC
      (3) I was born in Singapore SC
      (4) my grandparents were here since before independence SC
      (5) my great-grandparents were here since before the war SC
      (6) my great-great-great-great grandparents were here since before Sir Stamford Raffles SC
      (7) my ancestors were here since before Sang Nila Utama SC; and
      (8) my ancestors did not walk out of Africa but spontaneously evolved from indigenous orang utans SC.

      [/quote]Hahahahaha!!!! Where did you get the quote from? :goodpost:

      posted in Recess Time
      R
      Rational_Parent
    • RE: Rated S for Scary - About fengshui and supernatural stuff

      Oh… you folks are giving me the creeps here.


      So far I’ve spent a good portion of my life alone living in different hotels and apartments in many parts of the world. And although I hear stories from others, I’m not sure but I don’t think I’ve ever seen or experienced supernatural phenomena so far.

      I’ve experienced wanting to move but unable to while at rest a few times. Some people tells me things like a 7-legged spider was above me for this experience but I always regard it as my being too tired physically but mentally still alert. Is this supernatural occurrence?

      Here are two weird experiences…

      I once stayed in a hotel in Bohol (Phil.) and did not feel good about the place. Anyway, I was awakened from my sleep late one night because of noise. I inspected everywhere in the room but failed to pinpoint where that noise, which sounded like machine running, came from. Frustrated I called the duty manager but he too also was unable pinpoint where the noise originated from. I asked for transfer that every night. A business associate of mine also stayed in that hotel not long after me and her story was scarier. While she was sound asleep one night, her blanket was literally pulled away from her as if someone had snatched it and threw it onto the floor. We do not know exactly what had happened but we figured its better we avoid that place from that moment on.

      Anyone stayed in the Grand Hyatt in Taipei before? My regular cab driver asked me how was my stay when I was there last. My response was good. Curious I inquired why he asked since he has never done that before. He told me that the hotel is haunted because it was built on an old cemetery or burial ground. He further explained the reason why there are Chinese inscriptions on two giant pillars in the hotel lobby which I was unaware and tell me stories he heard from foreigners who stayed in that hotel.

      I’m by nature a mentally strong individual but stories here are beginning to give me goose bumps. I guess I got to empty a bottle of wine now so that I can get sleep without thinking about all these stories now.

      posted in Recess Time
      R
      Rational_Parent
    • 1 / 1
      About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy