Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login
    1. Home
    2. ryes
    3. Posts
    Offline
    • Profile
    • Following 0
    • Followers 0
    • Topics 0
    • Posts 358
    • Groups 0

    Posts

    Recent Best Controversial
    • RE: All About Measuring Home-School Distance

      Hello


      Call and ask ah? Will they entertain bo?
      So tell them I’m staying where and which blk and they will let me know if I stay within 1km, 1-2 or 2km or more?

      Yeah, that’s what I"m thinking, since now is P1 registration time, I think all the schs sld have the map up right? That’s why thinking take this opportunity to go and see. Arbo I will pay for the information via SLA

      posted in Primary Schools - Selection & Registration
      ryesR
      ryes
    • RE: All About Measuring Home-School Distance

      Can I check if I can actually go down to the school and check if I stay within the 1km range, 1-2km range?


      Does all school have a board map?

      posted in Primary Schools - Selection & Registration
      ryesR
      ryes
    • RE: All About Parent Volunteers (PV)

      Hi Hym


      I am also keen to get my son in to SAJS, but then he will only be P1 in year 2015, so still a long way for me to be a PV I guess.

      For the PV talk in May, must register or is it open to any parents who are interested to PV? When is the talk?

      posted in Primary Schools - Selection & Registration
      ryesR
      ryes
    • RE: All About Primary Schools' Balloting History

      hey, thanks for your very detailed answer..


      Am reading up on MOE and they do publish a list of schs who are doing balloting leh.
      http://www.moe.gov.sg/education/admissions/primary-one-registration/balloting/

      Priority for places is first given to children living within 1km from the school of choice.
      Should there be vacancies remaining, children living between 1km and 2km of the school will be considered followed by those living outside 2km of the school.

      So means har, within 1 km will ballot first. So those 1-2 and 2km, so slim chance..

      posted in Primary Schools - Selection & Registration
      ryesR
      ryes
    • RE: All About Primary Schools' Balloting History

      Oh.


      Another qn hor,
      let say hor if there are 100 seats, but 120 applicants,
      & out of 120 applicants, 60 live within 1 km.

      So all 60 students within 1km got in, then the remaining 60 more than 1-2km have to ballot is it?

      posted in Primary Schools - Selection & Registration
      ryesR
      ryes
    • RE: All About Primary Schools' Balloting History

      ChiefKS


      what does it mean by :
      Cut-off, no balloting for <1km for the ACS primary in purple?
      http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/content/novena

      posted in Primary Schools - Selection & Registration
      ryesR
      ryes
    • RE: All About Primary Schools' Balloting History

      eh, sorry! typo error


      2014 : start P1
      2013 : must register for P1

      Yeah, still got time, so must plan ahead!

      posted in Primary Schools - Selection & Registration
      ryesR
      ryes
    • RE: All About Primary Schools' Balloting History

      YEah, very big margin indeed…so gotta keep myself updated within the next few years before I decide the sch for my son.


      My girl is due to P1 registration in 2013. Start P1 in 2013 lor.

      posted in Primary Schools - Selection & Registration
      ryesR
      ryes
    • RE: All About Parent Volunteers (PV)

      Hi honeystar


      From what i read the past few days on the thread, there are many mothers like u who are FTWM and still mged to volunteer and clockthe hours.

      What they do is take say half day leave to join in events that requires u to be there half day to clock more hours or 1 whole day event like sch sports day etc.

      posted in Primary Schools - Selection & Registration
      ryesR
      ryes
    • RE: All About Primary Schools' Balloting History

      PRECISELY!!!


      Tts why I’m aiming for pri schs that have affliated to sec sch, so har, no need to worry.

      Oh yeah man, didnt know pei chun is such a highly demand sch within TPY area. Unfortunately, I’m scratching head for my girl sch first…

      Wanna get in to CHIJ TPY lah, but seems not easy route.

      posted in Primary Schools - Selection & Registration
      ryesR
      ryes
    • 1 / 1
      About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy