My area, have a lot of parents that will rent the apartment 6mths in advance, and once their kids get into the school, they will move away…
This is totally unfair!!!
S
Offline
Posts
-
RE: All About Home Addresses
-
RE: [Bukit Timah] Primary Schools
phtthp:
I lives in Shelford Area, having a girl born in 2009. I am a Methodist Church Member as well.2014 July P1 Registration results (born 2008)
http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/content/bukit-timah
a) Bukit Timah primary (co-ed)
Phase 2B : 59 vacancies, 1 registered
Phase 2C : 117 vacancies, 62 registered
Phase 2C Supplementary : 55 vacancies, 51 registered
Phase 3 (foreigners) : 4 vacancies
b) Henry Park primary (co-ed)
Phase 2B : 22 vacancies, 22 registered
http://news.asiaone.com/news/digital1/2 ... s-phase-2b
Phase 2C : 21 vacancies, 50 registered
balloting required for SC, within 1 km
c) Nanyang primary (co-ed)
Phase 2B : 22 vacancies, 32 registered
balloting required for SC, within 1 km
Phase 2C : 23 vacancies, 30 registered
balloting required for SC, within 1 km
d) Pei Hwa Presbyterian primary (co-ed)
Phase 2B : 40 vacancies, 41 registered
Phase 2C : 40 vacancies, 52 registered
balloting required for SC, within 1 km
e) MGS (girls) primary
Phase 2B : 28 vacancies, 44 registered
balloting required for SC, within 1 km
Phase 2C : 28 vacancies, 40 registered
balloting required for SC, within 1 km
f) Raffles (girls) primary
Phase 2B : 62 vacancies, 21 registered
Phase 2C : 102 vacancies, 143 registered
balloting required for SC, outside 2 km
=======================================
based on past years' trend results observed -
if parents staying in Bukit Timah area, fail to ballot in Phase 2C (open to public) into favorite, popular co-ed schools like (Nanyang, Henry Park, Pei Hwa), nor into (MGS girls primary nor Rgps), then the only school with vacancies left in Phase 2C Supplementary is :
Bukit Timah primary.
I know that chances of my girl entering MGS is very slim even we have the Church letter.
For Phase 2C, I understand that even if there are more applicants than available seats, priority is still given to Singaporean + living within 1km first, then following by >1km and beyond.
Am I right?
So, I am really confused which school should I put my girl to.
Personally I prefer MGS as of Methodist teaching. -
RE: All About Church/Clan/Society Membership
No use about getting the membership for phase2B if the school in that area are full of members by itself. The km thing still functions.
Look at MGS, in phase 2B, within 1km, also need to ballot…no chance at all.
So, if we stay out of 1km, either wait for phase 2C, which also, another ballot to go on…I rather choose some schools with high opportunities