Hi, Has anyone tried Fitzroy Phonics? Its from Australia. The preschool that my girl is attending is using it. Any comments?
Posts
-
RE: Comparing Pre-school English Reading and Phonics Enrichment
-
RE: [Bukit Timah] Primary Schools
gigue:
U r welcomed. btw, do u know if the school will be having open house? Had email them and yet to receive any reply!Hi shuting28, thanks for the weblink - have checked out the school's website.
If I'm not wrong, the website's been changed - the last time I checked, there were no links to results, etc. It is also more comprehensive now.
-
RE: [Bukit Timah] Primary Schools
shuting28:
Hi .......look here for pei hwa presbyterian pri sch PSLE results frm 2004-2008! http://www.phpps.moe.edu.sg/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=15&Itemid=35Thks for the reply.
But correct me if i'm wrong, girl matured faster n hence pick up faster when in pre-school. However, when the boys are mautred, they tend to out perform. As such, given a all girl school, wouldn't it be better?
Anyway, if both schools are within 1km, hows MGS then? the results seems good
-
RE: How much $$$ do you spend on your Pre-schooler?
Ya... it sure its painful for the wallet
thats y they don't start the extra lesson till the age of four
But i still think if it within limit then y not? I never force my kids for the enrichment, she asked for them. Since she is enjoying herself, i don't see the harm. Besides all these lesson would be reduce once she is in P1.
I always heard people asking the parents y they didn't send them for certain lessons when young and never the other way round :lol: -
RE: How much $$$ do you spend on your Pre-schooler?
Hmmm.. interesting! Okie, I have 3 kids age 5, 3 n 2.
Heres the breakdown:
age 5-:
daily 3 hourly school - $1300/term
once a wk 1 hourly chinese lesson - $200/term
once a wk 1 hourly chinese drama - $200/term
once a wk 1 hourly science - $200/term
once a wk 1 hourly english drama - $200/term
once a wk 0.5 hour violin lesson - $140/mth
age 3-:
daily 3 hourly school - $1350/term
age 2-:
once a wk 2 hourly school - $250/term
milk n diaper abt $200 plus per mth
Mmm ... what I only to start extra lessons when they are age of 4. Thinking of having the eldest to trial for abacus n logicmills .... any recommendations
-
RE: What to do when your child asks for enrichment classes?
Hi, think you are not alone
I have a girl same age as yours and she too will ask for enrichment lessons! Hmm I have the same mentality as the other 2, if it is managable then why not.
She is currently in a 3 hourly pre-school and so when the school started a series of extra lessons, she was over-joyed! Since it just 1 hour after her normal lessons, I enrolled her for those that she asked for. (after we had discuss what is suitable
) She doesnβt feel pressurized but seems to be enjoying herself! However, I would tend to reserve weekends free for family day (for the dad and family gatherings)
But I do agreed on the point that they can't be given everything that is asked for and there needs to do compromising sometimes. Nothing in this world comes free :lol: -
RE: Mummy shuting28: Hee... late in reporting
Gee... both pei hwa presbyterian primary school and MGS are within 1km. would love to have her in MGS
But then I also have a boy
.
Enrolling her in a girl school would mean that i have to go through the trouble of enrolling again :roll:
Besides just learned that even within 1km, under phase 2C both schools need balloting
Any advice? -
Mummy shuting28: Hee... late in reporting
:oops: not aware that newbies are to report.
I'm a stay-home mum w 3 terrors (5, 3 n 2). Having a stressful time looking after them. Especially since the elder 1 would be enrolling in p1 next yr! :roll: