Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Daftar
    • Log Masuk
    1. Laman Utama
    2. st2
    3. Kiriman
    S
    Luar talian
    • Profil
    • Mengikuti 0
    • Pengikut 0
    • Topik 4
    • Kiriman 272
    • Kumpulan 0

    Kiriman

    Terkini Best Controversial
    • RE: Myanmar maids

      Hi moonee and Fatty Mum


      It’s my aunty’s maid with the brother, according to my cousins (aunty’s daughters), they saw him with her and they are sure it’s really her brother. She’s been with my aunty 1 1/2 years. Housekeeping is still so bad, hygeine is still poor, floors are still sticky.

      All these younger generation maids, internet savvy, got facebook, especially the phil maids.

      My myan maid tried to hack my laptop.

      dikirim pada Domestic Help
      S
      st2
    • RE: Myanmar maids

      Hi Fatty Mum


      The last month with my myanmar maid, she really pissed me off so much that I keep a log of all her mistakes and her signature. I write down the date, time, mistake and ask her to sign. She work for me for 6 months then, all the daily chores she has done, she can still make mistakes. Almost everyday, there’s an entry in the log.

      I kept a journal of her whole 7 months working for me, this journal I don’t show her though. I think the reason she tried to hack my laptop was to see if she can see this journal.

      That’s right…so irritating when they agree to no hp, no off day contract…when loan paid up, they want hp, because sister, brother… cousin …aunty, uncle coming to sg, must contact. Then comes the asking of off day. Must meet, very important to meet to collect this, pass this and that. I’m not joking and not based on 1 myanmar maid hear say.

      My aunty’s maid tell elaborate story about how important mother’s day is in Myanmar, must have off day to shop with brother to buy some special present to send back Myanmar for their mother.

      My myanmar maid also can tell stories, the stories they tell are like fantasy and so bullsh#*…nonsense…I get so tired listening to them and they can actually look you straight in the eye and expect you to believe it. Every time I confront her, she has a story to tell.

      They just have to follow instructions, to clean and keep everything clean, can’t even do this. When my feet touch the floor, I pick up or reach out for something, it’s very annoying to find it dusty or oily…what’s the point of have a maid and the house is still dirty.

      dikirim pada Domestic Help
      S
      st2
    • RE: Myanmar maids

      My friend said her agent told her Hari Raya Puasa Aug 19, so the Indo side, agents, maids etc are starting fasting tomorrow and they probably will only start things going after that. It seems their systems etc are still not in place yet, even though they have been talking about all these changes on exporting maids in the last few months.


      My aunty’s myanmar maid’s brother got a job in Singapore 8 months ago, so she has been coming up with all these excuses to want off days to spend with her brother, she will tell elaborate stories and even play my aunty against her daughters to get off days telling them that my aunty agree and vice versa when no one has agreed for her to off day that week. Her contract is no off day, no hp.

      dikirim pada Domestic Help
      S
      st2
    • RE: Tried and tested useful household tips

      tisha:
      WCW:

      [quote=\"Faun\"]http://i54.tinypic.com/2vcxj0y.jpg\">


      Voila! I did it.

      See the white thingy in the middle of the pail inside. That one is to stir the water to rinse the mop. Pretty useful. Base of pail also designed such that the dirt is away from mop when rinsing.

      I bought from Isetan for about $71 after all the diff discounts. Original price is $139.

      i think i saw it at OG too. Is there a name for this?
      how long will the mop last? the pail easy to break?

      Is it still available at OG? How much does it cost now? Any discount?[/quote]I bought from Isetan. I've replaced the gear once and after using for almost 2 years, I've thrown it away because of the rust on the bottom and the stepper broke. My myanmar maid was lifting the stepper with her foot. Only after she left, when I wanted to use it myself, then I realised it was broken.

      My maids have been using it so I can't tell if it was because of their careless use. Just my 2 cents worth -

      When the pail is heavy with water, you want to empty it, don't grab the stepper, use the white plastc ring above the stepper. I suspect my maid habitually grab the stepper and broke the gear within a few months and I had to replace the gear for the stepper.

      The bottom gets rusty or if it is greased well, the grease/rust will be all over the bathroom floor.

      dikirim pada Domestic Help
      S
      st2
    • RE: Myanmar maids

      Hi Fatty Mum


      Thanks for sharing.

      My Myanmar maid that I just sent back a few weeks ago, she finished paying her loan, ask for hand phone and want to send 1st month full salary home. She can say/express clearly-
      she has to get phone because her sister will be coming here to look for a job and other relatives are also here and coming soon.
      She knows peninsula is the place to go to send money home, she will send it to her uncle which is agent in myanmar.

      I told agent to talk to her, remind her that her contract, no handphone. A few days later, she say, not happy, she wants to go back Myanmar. I promptly bought a jetstar ticket and sent her back 3 weeks later.

      I took her as transfer maid, 2 months with 1st employer, then me for 7 months. When she enter my house, I checked her things, her note already has dozens of email, sg phone numbers and addressess. Amazing net work.

      All this time, her work was so poor. Dirty, oily, dusty even after cleaning. Spend 2 hours washing up pots and plates after dinner. Touch raw meat and transfer bacteria everywhere without washing hands first. No matter how many times I teach, also forget about food hygeine principle.

      When I question her chores done or not, she’ll roll her eyes, blink eyes, purse her lips, show attitude and shake her legs…When I show her her chore/stuff still dusty/oily, she look so surprise and keep saying she has clean already. She has no sense of what clean is, as long as she has run the duster or cleaning cloth over something, it’s considered chore done. This is someone that told me first few days when she started work that she wants to earn money to go back to University to study chemistry. She feels insulted when I asked her if her family are farmers. She said they live in the city. Her mother does all the cooking and cleaning, she and her siblings just need to study hard in school.

      Her siblings, cousins all use internet cafe to make calls to my hp. the connection is very bad most of the time, I hear them, but they can’t hear me; they call at least 20 times before they give up.

      She tried to use my laptop got caught. Been using my husband laptop 2nd week working. Tell all sorts of elaborate lies and eyes won’t even blink. Caught red handed, still can continue lying.

      dikirim pada Domestic Help
      S
      st2
    • RE: Myanmar maids

      Hi Fatty Mum


      What’s the situation/package/salary with Indo maids now? Can share share?

      dikirim pada Domestic Help
      S
      st2
    • RE: Myanmar maids

      I’ve employed my own maids for the past 10 years, all Indo.


      First time Myanmar maid lasted 3 weeks and a replacement lasted 7 months, or rather I put up with for 7 months. It was convenient, don’t have to prepare separate food (pork). But it has been such bad experience.

      My aunties employed Myanmar maids, they were not very pleased with them not being able to do standard maid duties. I thought maybe my aunties did not train them properly. Now I understand. Myanmar maids have no idea what a maid’s duties are and they don’t know their place. Or rather, they refuse to accept their place as a maid, can’t clean and keep house for nuts. Both my aunties’ maids still can’t cook for nuts, one of my aunties have to cook for her maid to eat. My other auntie will have her daughter cook or bring food for them.

      With the Myanmar maid, I’m cooking so much everyday (so tired), purposely cook double portion to save for another meal but they can eat everything, not shy stuffing themselves but cannot cook, I have to cook for them to eat.

      I wonder, if I go to a Myanmar restaurant here or in Myanmar, is the standard portion rice 3 rice bowls? Anyone have any idea? I’m very curious.

      dikirim pada Domestic Help
      S
      st2
    • RE: Myanmar maids

      I got my first Myanmar maid last Aug, the frist 2 nights, she refused to shower. She just refuse to communicate why. I realized that she is very young, perhaps like 16, 17 and I think she did not want to wear her own clothes, a lot of bling bling micky mouse etc type of tees. So I took out some of my previous maid’s old tees and bermudas for her, then she showered on the 3rd night.


      All 3 meals must eat rice, each time 2 to 3 bowls of rice. Plates, table etc, still oily after cleaning. Do a little housework, 30 mins, she will run to the living room and stand under the ceiling fan, pulling on her shirt, implying that she is feeling very hot. She kept tugging at the speed chain on the ceiling fan until it broke.

      She haven’t finish her work, she ignored me and just take out her bible to read, sitting in the middle of the living room under the fan. Refused to talk.

      One day, after work when I arrived home, walked into the kitchen, there was a foul smell, coming from the common bathroom. The toilet bowl was full of blood. I was wondering if she was sick by eating so much every meal. Later found out it was her period. I told her to clean it, she plunged the toilet bowl brush into it, I tried to stop her, she pulled it out and slapped it on the bathroom floor. She did not have the common sense to flush the toilet first.

      She tried to use my house phone to call Myanmar, 8 times, I’ve already removed IDD. My house phone has logs that I can check incoming and outgoing.

      These are just the highlights. Everyday, she just very bold to just not clean the house at all. After work, I have no energy to have long scolding session. Whatever scolding, she just look at the floor, not respond

      After 3 weeks, she just refused to work. She was told to clean up and tidy the spare room. I went to check on her every 15 -20 mins. The 2nd time I checked on her, she was sitting on floor filing her toe nails. Then I told her to clean the bathroom. She just stood there, refused to move. Until I told her I bring you back to agent office. Then she went to pack her things and also packed 3 new bermudas I bought for her and some of my previous maids tees, which all come from me. I refuse to let her have them.

      I got a replacement after 1 month, 2nd Myanmar maid, another problem maid which I will share another day. I sent this 2nd one off last month. No more Myanmar maids for me, they are so ignorant about hygiene, despite being better educated and living in the city. They are very cunning with hidden agendas, my 2nd maid can speak English when she wants something. articulate full sentences.

      All I want is a maid to follow instructions and clean thoroughly. Why is that so hard? We go to work and we follow instructions to do our job and get paid a salary. It’s a maid job to clean and do housekeeping, this is basic.

      Now I’m back to Indo maid.

      dikirim pada Domestic Help
      S
      st2
    • RE: Myanmar maids

      I just sent maid back few weeks ago. Went online to book jetstar one way to yangon, paid total around S$180. There were a lot of this and that added to come up to this price. Use credit card also have surcharge etc.

      dikirim pada Domestic Help
      S
      st2
    • RE: washing machine?

      Hi all


      I used an Ariston front loader for 7 years, it served me well until it finally died last year. I only use Persil low suds, clothes were well maintained and washed very clean compared to the Japanese Top loaders we’ve been using previously.

      After the Ariston died, I bought a LG front loader. I can’t seem to get the detergent amount right, I’m now down to 1 table spoon of Persil washing my home clothes. They feel very rough, pilling and worned out in just a few months.

      The underside of the door gasket seems to be collecting gunk. I only used fabric softener 2 or 3 times in the past year.

      Any one using LG front loader? any advice is much appreicated. Thanks!

      dikirim pada Domestic Help
      S
      st2
    • 1
    • 2
    • 24
    • 25
    • 26
    • 27
    • 28
    • 27 / 28
      About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy