Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login
    1. Home
    2. tammyyhc
    3. Posts
    T
    Offline
    • Profile
    • Following 0
    • Followers 0
    • Topics 0
    • Posts 15
    • Groups 0

    Posts

    Recent Best Controversial
    • RE: All About Home Addresses

      floppy\" post_id=\"1917580\" time=\"1562234693\" user_id=\"97579:

      tammyyhc\" post_id=\"1917558\" time=\"1562231165\" user_id=\"173576:

      Hi, need some advise here. Currently the address on my IC is not my residential address, it's the address of my in-law, I'm not intended to change it because I will use this same address to register the primary school of my daughter next year. However, recently I'm planning to hire a domestic helper and it require me to change the address on my IC to my residential address. So my question here, can I change my IC address to my current residential address and change it back to my in-law's address later and use it to register the primary school for my daughter? Does it require that I must reside in that address for certain timeframe BEFORE i can register the school nearby that address? Thank you

      Unfortunately, a couple of issues here.

      Firstly, you are running / have run foul of the National Registration Act as you must report a change of address within 28 days of moving.

      Secondly, if you changed your address to your current residential address now, and you switch back to your in-law's address, you will need to update MOM as your FDW have to follow the employer's address. Otherwise, you run foul of MOM law as your FDW cannot work in another address, i.e. she cannot work in your residential address once you make the switch back to your in-law's address.

      Thirdly, say you register using your in-law's address. While you do not have to reside in that address for certain time frame, you will have to stay for at least 30 months in that address. Any issues raised or investigation found that you are not residing in that address (which, err... you obviously aren't), may lead to fine / jail and transfer of school for your child. Also means, in that 30 months, you can't change address to reflect your real residential address.

      By the way, MOM and MOE are very on the ball over addresses these days (more so MOM). I would advise that you think twice / thrice / four times about using a false address. Best solution would be:
      1. Sell / rent out your place - shift in with in-laws or rent a place nearby
      2. Do a stat declaration which puts your in-law's address in the 1-2km category
      3. Find another school

      Thank you for your response. Actually why I want to use my sis in law address to register the school is due to they will help me to fetch the kids or take care the kids after school until I finish work. But I can’t do the stat declaration because my sis in law isn’t entirely not working but just having flexi time and can work from home. Moreover, my kids do occasionally stay there when I need to travel for business. Now I dunno whether I should give up hiring a FDW due to this address issue.

      posted in Primary Schools - Selection & Registration
      T
      tammyyhc
    • RE: All About Home Addresses

      Hi, need some advise here. Currently the address on my IC is not my residential address, it’s the address of my in-law, I’m not intended to change it because I will use this same address to register the primary school of my daughter next year. However, recently I’m planning to hire a domestic helper and it require me to change the address on my IC to my residential address. So my question here, can I change my IC address to my current residential address and change it back to my in-law’s address later and use it to register the primary school for my daughter? Does it require that I must reside in that address for certain timeframe BEFORE i can register the school nearby that address? Thank you

      posted in Primary Schools - Selection & Registration
      T
      tammyyhc
    • RE: [Hougang] Primary Schools

      Can anyone share some insight whats the chance of getting into Holy Innocents’ Primary at phase 2B, SC,>2km? Thank you in advance

      posted in Primary Schools - Selection & Registration
      T
      tammyyhc
    • RE: 2020 P1 Registration Exercise for 2021 In-take

      I’m so glad to find this thread, can anyone advise the chance for SC with 2km from Ngee Ann? Thank you!

      posted in Primary Schools - Selection & Registration
      T
      tammyyhc
    • RE: All About Church/Clan/Society Membership

      Hi, may I ask if my kids are baptized Catholics,does that mean they are automatically falls under Phase 2B? Or there are other terms&condition applied such as when did they baptized and which church they go to?


      Besides, any advise on the chance in getting into CHIJ St Nicholas if my kids are 1)baptized Catholic 2) Singapore Citizen 3)we stay >2km (We are staying at Pasir Ris). If the chance is low, what other Catholic school would you recommend? TIA

      posted in Primary Schools - Selection & Registration
      T
      tammyyhc
    • 1 / 1
      About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy