Tks, ngbrdad for the clarification. Was worried as I have already submitted the S1 form for 3rd language.
ngbrdad:TREX8:ngbrdad, there is nothing to decide on HMT in the S1 form, right? Only need to decide on 3rd language, correct?
I just re-checked DD's S1 form and under the notes for Higher Mother Tongue Language (HMTL), it states \"when your child/ward reports to his/her posted sec sch in Dec, he/she may apply to study the HMTL with the school directly\".
[quote=\"ngbrdad\"]Regarding HMT and 3rd language, must decide by next Wed right ?
And once decision is made cannot change right ?
Will the decision not to take up HMT and 3rd language (if eligible for both) affects one's chances of getting a place in a school in a borderline case ?
Yes you are correct. Just check thru.
Think DS will not take a 3rd language since most will eventually drop out of it anyway.
Personally I find it is not a very good system as the students need to travel long distance for 3rd language lessons.
Unless it's at NUSH where their 3rd language lessons (not all I think) are in house. However the timing also not condusive I heard. Usually the child needs to stay back till very late just to attend 3rd language lessons.[/quote]