Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login
    1. Home
    2. ttl
    3. Posts
    T
    Offline
    • Profile
    • Following 0
    • Followers 0
    • Topics 1
    • Posts 50
    • Groups 0

    Posts

    Recent Best Controversial
    • RE: Travel: Australia - Gold Coast

      Mine was brand new tins.

      Im not very sure about that though, think maybe you might have to give it a try.
      If they do confiscate your container of milo, I think the supermarkets do sell.

      posted in Holiday Ideas
      T
      ttl
    • RE: The Alternative Story (TAS) - Discussion

      Hi Monster Mummy,


      thanks for the reply.

      posted in English
      T
      ttl
    • RE: Travel: Australia - Gold Coast

      Hi drumstick,


      I checked in 2 cans of milk powder and I declared it.
      The customs officers were very cool about it. They just ticked on the declaration paper and there was no opening of the luggage to check or whatsoever.
      They just waved me thru.

      posted in Holiday Ideas
      T
      ttl
    • RE: The Alternative Story (TAS) - Discussion

      Hi,


      I have a 2007 kid, looking to enrol him in your P1 program for next year.
      When will the new 2014 schedule be out? Im looking at either AMK or Paya Lebar center.

      Thanks

      posted in English
      T
      ttl
    • RE: The Odyssey Creative Learning Centre

      Academically driven preschools will be like Nanyang Kindy, St hilda’s kindy


      My kids attending Berries for Chinese and Icreative for English

      I do understand your concern. Maybe you can visit more preschools and get a feel of each of them and see if there is one that might address all your concerns.

      posted in Playgroups
      T
      ttl
    • RE: The Odyssey Creative Learning Centre

      They do prepare the kids for primary one but just not so intensively like the other preschools. They are more of a holistic preschool. They do teach phonics and writing and reading from those Readers’ books.


      But I felt that my kids picked up reading from their enrichment classes outside rather than from the school itself.

      posted in Playgroups
      T
      ttl
    • RE: The Odyssey Creative Learning Centre

      hi,


      My kids have been at Odyssey(Wilkinson) since 2009. I liked the campus. I’m sure you might have already been given a tour of it. Its quite impressive for a preschool and its very spacious with lots of outdoor area. And i been to the 4th Ave campus which is very "green" in concept.

      The Odyssey advocate nurturing a creative mind; thus they do have alot of activities which I think are quite intersting and seldom seen in other preschools. For example, they have Art Odyssey where every kid will do an art piece and it will be exhibited in the Parliament ArT house and open to the public. Parents are allowed to buy the art piece and all proceeds will go to charity. And they hv this little community day where its a mini fun fair organised by the kids themselves. They will man the stall and sell things or games. They have several other activities conducted throughout the year.

      But do bear in mind that Odyssey is not an academic-driven school. So there will be no drilling of writing or reading. And of course no spelling or ting xie as in other schools. And no HOMEWORK at all.

      I have not been to the Pat/learning Vision; thus Im not sure if Odyssey share the same curriculum. Odyssey too is billingual. And most of their chinese teachers are from mainland china.

      posted in Playgroups
      T
      ttl
    • RE: 2013 P1 Registration Exercise for 2014 In-Take

      Hi,

      To double check…
      for phase 2A2, there is normally no balloting, rite?
      I read on the MOE website that there will be the announcement of results on 18th July.
      Do I have to be in school for the results? Do I have to fill in all the forms on that day itself too?

      Thanks

      posted in Primary Schools - Selection & Registration
      T
      ttl
    • RE: Travel: Australia - Gold Coast

      Hi,


      I managed to buy motion sickness wrist bands for kids at the Guardian Pharmacy! It has no side effects and kids above 3 years old can wear them on their wrists. I think this is better than giving the kids medication. But not sure how well it will work though. Will try it out next week and update u guys.

      posted in Holiday Ideas
      T
      ttl
    • RE: 2013 P1 Registration Exercise for 2014 In-Take

      Oic. Thanks.


      I think I wont wait till the afternoon, I will just register in the morning if the odds are good based on the 2nd day’s tally numbers. Think there might be alot of parents out there like me! hahaha. So no point waiting till the last hour.

      posted in Primary Schools - Selection & Registration
      T
      ttl
    • 1 / 1
      About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy