oh whao!! you indeed my saviour....i feel so enlighten!!! Looking forward for more sharing!! You take care!!
MintLeaf:Hi Von72,
You are welcome.Yes, it's a pity Maris Stella does not have fencing. If your son enjoys fencing, it could turn out to be a stress relief for him if he continues. I must admit Secondary school is stressful. However, for Sec 1, let them bump around a bit. To be promoted to Sec 2, the child needs a pass in English and an overall average of 50% and above. You want to practise in Sec 1 and go for it in Sec 2, as streaming depends solely on Sec 2 results.
The school has put some programs in place for all the students to help them achieve the CCA points. But I am still not sure how to compute and where my son stands. Yesterday, my son found out he could check his CCA point status at the General Office. He has yet to make the enquiry at the GO.
I have the impression that annual camps is a Marist tradition dating back more than 20 years. They generally survive well for the Sec 1 camp. At Sec 2, they are not really crazy about going for camp before the fact, but seem to conclude they enjoyed it much more than the Sec 1 camp after the fact. You must miss your son.I did too when he was in Sec 1. Time flies and he will be back soon. Just pray that the weather will be kind to them.
Do you know that if the child takes Malay as a third language, he gets 2 bonus points for JC admission if he passes it at 'O' level? I didn't know about this 2 years ago. This could be a way to work around the lack of HMT advantage, but again, it may tax the kid too much. I understand the 3rd language classes only start next week, so it should still be possible to request to be admitted now. fyi.
I did too when he was in Sec 1. Time flies and he will be back soon. Just pray that the weather will be kind to them.