Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login
    1. Home
    2. xyun08
    3. Posts
    X
    Offline
    • Profile
    • Following 0
    • Followers 0
    • Topics 1
    • Posts 37
    • Groups 0

    Posts

    Recent Best Controversial
    • RE: Choosing and Evaluating Primary Schools

      And so we have officially been unsuccessful in the ballot for St Nicholas in phase 2A1. Kinda expected it but still devastated to get the SMS just now .


      Looking at the schools around my area (Fernvale) for 2C now , and I am also at a loss . Most of the schools here seem to have MOE kindergarten which results in ballot for 2C as well. I was going to try Fern Green but looking at last year figures it seems quite likely 2C will be ballot even for <1km. Looking at Anchor Green and Springdale which I am within 1-2km but I just realized these two schools have MK too.

      Any one has advice on this ? Should I try for Fern Green whereby I am <1km but last year 126 fighting for 95 vacancies. Or try Anchor Green whereby I am 1-2km but seems a little less competitive based on 2020 figs, 62 applied for 101 vacancies in 2C.
      Any insights on why Fern Green has much more applicants from their kindergarten compared to Anchor Green . I was surprised coz I tot Fern Green is a much newer school compared to Anchor green. It seems Anchor Green is safer then even though I fall into 1-2 km .

      To those who haven’t applied yet, good luck to you guys in the registration!! I am losing sleep over this already….

      posted in Primary Schools - Selection & Registration
      X
      xyun08
    • RE: Choosing and Evaluating Primary Schools

      So disheartened to see results after Phase 1. Any parents registering for St nicks . I saw that this year 93 applied under Phase 1(up from last year 69, I think on average last few years is 60 range ). This year shoot up to 93?!!


      Means phase 2A1 only left 77 vacancies …. Sigh how slim the chance for >2km. Still shocked by the figure this year.

      posted in Primary Schools - Selection & Registration
      X
      xyun08
    • RE: Choosing and Evaluating Primary Schools

      Hi


      Need some advice from fellow parents staying in Fernvale and SK area.
      I am going to register my girl in St Nicholas under 2A1 but as everyone knows they usually have ballot at this stage . So now I am looking at my other choices should we fail to be successful for SNGS.

      I am staying at Fernvale . Most of the schools around here seem to be new and I am not sure what school I should choose .
      The schools within 1km of my house are
      1) Fernvale Primary
      2) Sengkang Green
      3)Fern Green

      Which of these schools will fellow parents recommend ? I read that even Seng Kang Green has ballot at 2C stage and is one of the popular choices , and Fernvale Primary now has a MOE kindergarten so I am sure there will be fewer vacancies too.
      Should I go for a school with higher chance of getting in (lesser ballot risk) or go for one of the popular schools like SK Green in this area ? Since the schools here are all considered relatively newer so I was wondering is there a need to risk for schools like SK Green ? Is it so much better than the other primary schools in fernvale area?

      I was actually looking at Anchor Green which is 1-2km from my place but I read someone said they have a MOE Kindergarten now too so well I guess it will be risky for me to put this as a choice ?

      I am really worried if I end up at 2C stage coz most of the schools here seem to be oversubscribed at 2C stage . I don’t want to end up having to wait for MOE to randomly allocate a school for us.
      Any advice will be appreciated.
      PS: My girl has an interest in dance and going competitive ballet now . Will be good to go to a school with a decent dance society

      Thank you in advance !!

      posted in Primary Schools - Selection & Registration
      X
      xyun08
    • RE: All About Ballet

      Hi has anyone’s kid enrol in City Ballet elite program before ? Is it all ballet schools elite program students need to enrol in both Regular class as well as elite class ?


      My 5yo girl is selected for their Elite class . Firstly she has Swimming classes on the same day as the elite class so I am not sure if I should push her to have two physical activity classes in a day…
      However if I don’t let her join the elite program it probably means she will hardly have the chance and exposure to go for competition or performances to build up more confidence .

      Any advice ?

      posted in Music
      X
      xyun08
    • RE: Dsa

      Hi can someone recommend gymnastics school for 3yo. Looking at something fun and recreational at this introductory stage as I am considering this as her first independent drop off class. But I also want her to learn good basics . Pls advise

      posted in Primary 6 & PSLE
      X
      xyun08
    • RE: All About Ballet

      Hi may I know if the girls need to bun their hair up if they take up ballet ? My girl plainly refuses to have anything on her head for Long … sigh .

      Anyone is at Dancepointe Seletar or Bishan or All That Jazz Academy ?

      I also heard about Melody Bears , any reviews on that? It is so confusing to me now . Thanks for the tips

      posted in Music
      X
      xyun08
    • RE: All About Infant Care

      Has anyone registered for My First Skool recently?

      My baby is due only in Dec 2015 but knowing how long the waiting list is I have tried to register for a space for May 2016. My First Skool told me the new procedure is I have to wait till the child is born then I can register with his birth cert. Currently the infant care I want already has 17 people on the list, I don’t think there is a way for me to secure a space within 5 months of registration. Anyone having same problem?

      Are there any other infant care to recommend in Bishan area?

      posted in Child Care
      X
      xyun08
    • 1 / 1
      About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy