kwokwc:Actually it also depend on the usage of your aircon.I recently service my aircon by http://www.airconservicesg.com and i signed a 4 times yearly servicing contract.Last yr found an aircon service company who install a new set of aircon in my shop. After installing, check with them what is their charges like, Wow, I am impressed. Just $25/unit. My previous aircon service company charges at least $60 per unit. This is the normal unit that we install at home. Even after my staff heard his prices, also say that they will get them to service their home aircon. Now I have also change all my aircon servicing to them too.
they also don't recommend chemical wash as they say will spoil the aircon more. My previous company sure to do 1 chemical wash per yr with us, and it is so ex.
This aircon servicing thing is really like getting a maid, a bit depend on luck to find the right one. If the servicing is so cheap, can easily service twice a yr, and should be more than enough.
I think some office or industrial aircon needs to be service even more time a year depending on the usage.