2013 P1 Registration Exercise for 2014 In-Take
-
Kaydenmama:
I got the letter last week......Hi,
Can someone advise me when will I actually receive the letter fr sch stating my child has successfully register in the sch? I reg him in phases 2c and all SC get in. Tks -
ryes:
I used some of the assessment books (as the old sch required all children to buy them) to do additional revision and some I gave them away, while others I still have them cos I can't find anyone who needs them. I used up the exercise books for revision as well. For the sch uniforms, I still have them with me. Wanted to give them free to any parents but no one wanted it, so may donate it to the sch.Pchong
Then what did u do with the books?
Your child was transferred halfway mid term? -
ryes:
The advise is to buy uniforms and books on the very last few days before sch starts. Getting them on orientation day is a bit too early. To me, if you have placed waitlist in the sch, it means that you are interested to send your child there, thus, if any of the sch called, you should be more than happy to do the transfer, else what's the point of putting your name there but rejecting their offer if they do call?Hi Hobbes
I read some call the sch every other day.
But har...when we call what do we say or ask?
Can we request to see the principal if we walk in to sch like that or must
Make appointment ah? Getting desperate here.
I'm worried in the case where orientation starts then buy books buy uniforms then scarly the good news comes along.
Also, I'm thinking if put two waitlist at two schs, if my choice school didnt call and the 2nd choice sch call is another dilemma to transfer or carry on waiting. -
Hi floppy
Hee hee…
Yes. Definitely more than happy when the sch calls. Just that felt the books will go to a waste. Prob donate to someone.
Yes I’m also curious like lil jade.
If accept 2nd sch n first sch calls then can still transfer? -
ryes:
Hi floppy
Hee hee...
Yes. Definitely more than happy when the sch calls. Just that felt the books will go to a waste. Prob donate to someone.
Yes I'm also curious like lil jade.
If accept 2nd sch n first sch calls then can still transfer?
Hi Ryes
Where are you applying next? Need to go through another round of balloting?
I think should be able to transfer. But my concern if it's too disruptive to the kid. Imagine having to adapt to 3 different environments. That's why I asked earlier if anyone has gone through this before. -
Hi, read all the posts above it’s best to call sch to check the waitlist status every other day/week. We just call to ask the GEneral office or speak to P? they will not be frustrated hor if we call so frequent?
-
Mummy EA:
Hi Mummy EA,ryes:
Hi floppy
Hee hee...
Yes. Definitely more than happy when the sch calls. Just that felt the books will go to a waste. Prob donate to someone.
Yes I'm also curious like lil jade.
If accept 2nd sch n first sch calls then can still transfer?
Hi Ryes
Where are you applying next? Need to go through another round of balloting?
I think should be able to transfer. But my concern if it's too disruptive to the kid. Imagine having to adapt to 3 different environments. That's why I asked earlier if anyone has gone through this before.
Maybe not change 3 different environments cos there'll be really disruptive! Maybe it's more like having an offer from the 2nd choice school this November / December before school starts. And we accept. Then when school term starts, suddenly an offer comes in maybe February or March from the 1st choice school? So in reality, the child only has 2 environments and not 3 different ones if she changes.
Does MOE accept so many changes?
Thanks!
-
Hi mummy ea
I’m going to reg tomorrow 2c sup.
hoping no need to ballot. -
Mummy EA:
Yes, that will be very disruptive to the child, esp when sch term has started and the child has begun to adapt to the environment and suddenly you pull him/her out. My child was quite rejected when I pull her out. She told me she already has made friends and was reluctant to change. The child will tend to compare the two different sch....if the new sch doesn't turn out to be as good as the old sch, maybe the food, friends or teachers...they will be very unhappy. For parents, sometimes we don't see these...we only concern how well or how many scorers the sch can produce but the child doesn't look into this. So, we parents, have to think about the feeling of our child too.ryes:
Hi floppy
Hee hee...
Yes. Definitely more than happy when the sch calls. Just that felt the books will go to a waste. Prob donate to someone.
Yes I'm also curious like lil jade.
If accept 2nd sch n first sch calls then can still transfer?
Hi Ryes
Where are you applying next? Need to go through another round of balloting?
I think should be able to transfer. But my concern if it's too disruptive to the kid. Imagine having to adapt to 3 different environments. That's why I asked earlier if anyone has gone through this before. -
Thanks all
My qn is the same as lil_jade.
That is fr now till dec if sch 2 calls n we accept
Then sch 1 calls when p1 starts.
Not when p1 starts, then change sch 2, then later sch 1 calls and change again
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login