Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    All About Primary Schools' Balloting History

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary Schools - Selection & Registration
    2.5k Posts 606 Posters 1.1m Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • A Offline
      angelz88
      last edited by

      phtthp:
      angelz88:

      [quote=\"angelz88\"]I have a place in Rulang under Phase 1. However, I am interested in St Marg and can only apply under Phase 2C, more than 2km. I was told I need to give up the confirmed place to have a chance in St Marg. It is pretty risky if I give up Rulang and end up having to go through balloting. Worst if I didn't get through balloting. Is there any way I can know if it is going to be balloting for 2C before the closing of 2C? Are the schools strict in the closing time?


      I already have 2 elder children from Rulang and I have to go through another stress when it comes to PSLE, selecting Sec school. That's why I thought it makes sense to go for a full school, no need to worry 6 years later. And also my daughter is interested in gymnastics which Rulang does not have as CCA. I know a lot of people wants to get in and the school administrator was really surprised when I said I am giving up my place in Phase 1. Really a tough decision to make.

      Enrol your child into Rulang, first.

      From P1 to P6 : you have 6 long years ahead, to slowly seek transfer for your girl into St Margaret primary, affliated to St Margaret Secondary School.

      If your daughter currently learning gymnastics in K2 now, after Phase 2C registration end, fill up Transfer form, may approach & highlight to St Margaret primary school Principal that she know Rhythmic gymnastics, this will enhance her chance of Transfer, together with any other supporting reasons u wish to give.

      If your daughter happen to participate in any Junior Championship Rhythmic gymnastics before, many Primary schools will desire.[/quote]Thanks!

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • lee_ylL Offline
        lee_yl
        last edited by

        angelz88:

        I already have 2 elder children from Rulang and I have to go through another stress when it comes to PSLE, selecting Sec school. That's why I thought it makes sense to go for a full school, no need to worry 6 years later. And also my daughter is interested in gymnastics which Rulang does not have as CCA. I know a lot of people wants to get in and the school administrator was really surprised when I said I am giving up my place in Phase 1. Really a tough decision to make.

        I agree go ahead and register your daughter in Rulang first then seek to transfer to St Marg immediately on waitlist. From what I know, many who seek transfer to St Marg got in, chances are high. My niece is one of them.

        Rulang sounds more academic and competitive and St Marg sounds more holistic school to me. My niece did not do well for her PSLE (a decade ago with T-score188) and they offered her a choice of either Express or Normal stream through affiliation. She opted for express stream and did well enough to enter a JC.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • G Offline
          gir_gir87
          last edited by

          Rulang is pretty stressed isnt it? my bf son is currently in Rulang (lower pri) & he cant cope with the school work etc. he often has headache, may be due to stress…bf 2nd son is not in Rulang although he can get in via Phase 1; he’s coping well in the other pri sch though…

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • A Offline
            angelz88
            last edited by

            gir_gir87:
            Rulang is pretty stressed isnt it? my bf son is currently in Rulang (lower pri) & he cant cope with the school work etc. he often has headache, may be due to stress...bf 2nd son is not in Rulang although he can get in via Phase 1; he's coping well in the other pri sch though...

            My personal opinion is that Rulang is good if your child is academically inclined. My eldest gal is not, she faced alot of stress, and loss of confidence. But my second one is academically inclined and he gets to develop his potential in the school.

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • R Offline
              rainbow04
              last edited by

              Hi,


              My boy is born in 2010 and my girl is born in 2012.

              If St Gabriel stands a good chance without a need to ballot, do you think I should go ahead.

              My main concern is as my girl is born in the year of dragon and I am afraid it will be very competitive when her time comes. I’m also considering should I just enrolled my boy into Yang Zheng so that it will be easier for my girl’s enrolment.

              Please advise.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • M Offline
                mashy
                last edited by

                rainbow04:
                Hi,


                My boy is born in 2010 and my girl is born in 2012.

                If St Gabriel stands a good chance without a need to ballot, do you think I should go ahead.

                My main concern is as my girl is born in the year of dragon and I am afraid it will be very competitive when her time comes. I'm also considering should I just enrolled my boy into Yang Zheng so that it will be easier for my girl's enrolment.

                Please advise.

                Are you within 1km of Yangzheng? If not, it's not a sure in right?

                Let's say you enrol your boy in St Gabriel and 2 years after enrol your girl in Yangzheng, 1) girl may not get in since its dragon year, 2) you need to stay extra 30 months in the same address.

                Since its dragon year for your girl, my opinion is to go for Yangzheng now. It's to secure a place for her. From what I know, Yangzheng is a much more sought after school in Serangoon than St Gabriel.

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • R Offline
                  rainbow04
                  last edited by

                  mashy, thank you thank you. Yes we are within 1km from YZPS 🙂

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • S Offline
                    Spiratio
                    last edited by

                    Hi there…


                    Im quite stuck in e middle. My son is registering for p1 this month. Under phase 2b, catholic.
                    i have 2 choice of school. St gab n cath high. Hope u experienced mummies n daddies can give me some hindsights.
                    Should i try registering my son in cath high under phase 2b. My mother in law is staying within e 1km n just tendered her resignation. wld i stand a higher chance of getting in?
                    2nd option st gab bt im out of e 2km range.
                    as e dates r drawing near im getting sleepless night thinking about it. Cos wateva school my son gets in will also help my 2nd son haha…

                    Appreciate some advise. Shld i try cath high first?

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • M Offline
                      mashy
                      last edited by

                      Spiratio:
                      Hi there...


                      Im quite stuck in e middle. My son is registering for p1 this month. Under phase 2b, catholic.
                      i have 2 choice of school. St gab n cath high. Hope u experienced mummies n daddies can give me some hindsights.
                      Should i try registering my son in cath high under phase 2b. My mother in law is staying within e 1km n just tendered her resignation. wld i stand a higher chance of getting in?
                      2nd option st gab bt im out of e 2km range.
                      as e dates r drawing near im getting sleepless night thinking about it. Cos wateva school my son gets in will also help my 2nd son haha..

                      Appreciate some advise. Shld i try cath high first?
                      No need to think. If you use your MIL's address which is within 1km, they will take it as 1-2km, so no chance to ballot.

                      Only st Gabriel for u then.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • lee_ylL Offline
                        lee_yl
                        last edited by

                        Spiratio:
                        Hi there...


                        Im quite stuck in e middle. My son is registering for p1 this month. Under phase 2b, catholic.
                        i have 2 choice of school. St gab n cath high. Hope u experienced mummies n daddies can give me some hindsights.
                        Should i try registering my son in cath high under phase 2b. My mother in law is staying within e 1km n just tendered her resignation. wld i stand a higher chance of getting in?

                        2nd option st gab bt im out of e 2km range.
                        as e dates r drawing near im getting sleepless night thinking about it. Cos wateva school my son gets in will also help my 2nd son haha..

                        Appreciate some advise. Shld i try cath high first?
                        Is it possible to make arrangement to stay put in your MIL's place for 30 months? If she allows, you can change your address and then, you will be eligible for 2B within 1km.

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 109
                        • 110
                        • 111
                        • 112
                        • 113
                        • 252
                        • 253
                        • 111 / 253
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users
                        EducareTutoringE
                        EducareTutoring

                        Statistics

                        3

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture + anything related to upskilling/learning something new!

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy