All about Transferring to Other Primary Schools
-
my point is
While trying to get into the choice school via the waiting list, she should still register under phase 3 instead of waiting for MOE to do the post-phase 3 posting. -
tankee:
Actually, I don't see any difference in the schools the MOE assigns and the ones available for Phase 3.my point is
While trying to get into the choice school via the waiting list, she should still register under phase 3 instead of waiting for MOE to do the post-phase 3 posting.
Parents need to indicate 3 schools which they would like MOE to post their children to. Even if it is in Phase 3, they will most likely go to these 3 schools.
What's more, you don't have to compete with the foreigners in Phase 3 by leaving it to MOE to assign a school for you. -
qms:
What's more, you don't have to compete with the foreigners in Phase 3.
I thought foreigners can only apply to MOE schs in Phase 3? :? -
schellen:
I thought foreigners can only apply to MOE schs in Phase 3? :?
That's right. What I meant was that by waiting for MOE's assignment, myteapot need not compete with foreigners in Ph 3, because MOE will only open Ph 3 after ensuring every Singaporean/PR get a place in a school. -
qms:
OIC. Ya, I remember MOE using that as a reason to explain why they need such a long time to post the vacancies for Phase 3.schellen:
I thought foreigners can only apply to MOE schs in Phase 3? :?
That's right. What I meant was that by waiting for MOE's assignment, myteapot need not compete with foreigners in Ph 3, because MOE will only open Ph 3 after ensuring every Singaporean/PR get a place in a school. -
Thank you all for your response. qms is right. I have to wait for MOE to do the manual posting now that I have indicated my 3 choices of schools with vacancies left. I have also registered for the wait list for my school of choice and is now hoping that they will call me up before year-end.
-
myteapot:
Thank you all for your response. qms is right. I have to wait for MOE to do the manual posting now that I have indicated my 3 choices of schools with vacancies left. I have also registered for the wait list for my school of choice and is now hoping that they will call me up before year-end. Anyone have any idea what is likelihood of this happening?
I think it is best if you don't wait for the sch to call cos some schs don't or they may forget, especially if they receive an overwhelming demand. You should call them up yourself. If you are still not successful but still want your child to go to that sch, try again the following year. It would help if you live near the sch and your child's results are good/very good. As far as I know, schs do not admit children on the waiting lists based on queue number as they will consider other factors like your proximity to the sch and your child's results and conduct. (If I were the principal, I would of course prefer to admit someone who has very good conduct, low absenteeism rate and excellent results.) -
myteapot:
Thank you all for your response. qms is right. I have to wait for MOE to do the manual posting now that I have indicated my 3 choices of schools with vacancies left. I have also registered for the wait list for my school of choice and is now hoping that they will call me up before year-end.
If by MOE website(http://www.moe.gov.sg/education/admissions/primary-one-registration/phases/), by 28 Aug 09, they will be opening up the registration for phase 3 for foreigners, hence I believe you should get posting result of your child before then. All the best! -
myteapot:
I have also registered for the wait list for my school of choice and is now hoping that they will call me up before year-end.
Hi myteapot!
It all depends on whether anyone will withdraw before year end. Rather than wait for this to happen, perhaps you would like to guide your child so that he/she performs well in the first year of his/her studies. You can then use his/her results to appeal to the school of your choice because acceptance by then will be on a merit basis.
Having said that, one of our fellow forummers, insider, was lucky that the school she appealed with happened to have a vacancy. Try calling the school if the school doesn't call you. Who knows, you will be lucky this time.
Good Luck! :celebrate: -
IJJ:
myteapot:
Thank you all for your response. qms is right. I have to wait for MOE to do the manual posting now that I have indicated my 3 choices of schools with vacancies left. I have also registered for the wait list for my school of choice and is now hoping that they will call me up before year-end.
If by MOE website(http://www.moe.gov.sg/education/admissions/primary-one-registration/phases/), by 28 Aug 09, they will be opening up the registration for phase 3 for foreigners, hence I believe you should get posting result of your child before then. All the best!
do read the footnote 3 on MOE website (same url posted by you).
Phase 3 is also for children who are Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents and who have not registered at any of the earlier phases are also eligible to register at this phase. Registration in this phase will be done on a first-come-first-served basis
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better š
Register Login