All about Transferring to Other Primary Schools
-
myteapot:
Thank you all for your response. qms is right. I have to wait for MOE to do the manual posting now that I have indicated my 3 choices of schools with vacancies left. I have also registered for the wait list for my school of choice and is now hoping that they will call me up before year-end. Anyone have any idea what is likelihood of this happening?
I think it is best if you don't wait for the sch to call cos some schs don't or they may forget, especially if they receive an overwhelming demand. You should call them up yourself. If you are still not successful but still want your child to go to that sch, try again the following year. It would help if you live near the sch and your child's results are good/very good. As far as I know, schs do not admit children on the waiting lists based on queue number as they will consider other factors like your proximity to the sch and your child's results and conduct. (If I were the principal, I would of course prefer to admit someone who has very good conduct, low absenteeism rate and excellent results.) -
myteapot:
Thank you all for your response. qms is right. I have to wait for MOE to do the manual posting now that I have indicated my 3 choices of schools with vacancies left. I have also registered for the wait list for my school of choice and is now hoping that they will call me up before year-end.
If by MOE website(http://www.moe.gov.sg/education/admissions/primary-one-registration/phases/), by 28 Aug 09, they will be opening up the registration for phase 3 for foreigners, hence I believe you should get posting result of your child before then. All the best! -
myteapot:
I have also registered for the wait list for my school of choice and is now hoping that they will call me up before year-end.
Hi myteapot!
It all depends on whether anyone will withdraw before year end. Rather than wait for this to happen, perhaps you would like to guide your child so that he/she performs well in the first year of his/her studies. You can then use his/her results to appeal to the school of your choice because acceptance by then will be on a merit basis.
Having said that, one of our fellow forummers, insider, was lucky that the school she appealed with happened to have a vacancy. Try calling the school if the school doesn't call you. Who knows, you will be lucky this time.
Good Luck! :celebrate: -
IJJ:
myteapot:
Thank you all for your response. qms is right. I have to wait for MOE to do the manual posting now that I have indicated my 3 choices of schools with vacancies left. I have also registered for the wait list for my school of choice and is now hoping that they will call me up before year-end.
If by MOE website(http://www.moe.gov.sg/education/admissions/primary-one-registration/phases/), by 28 Aug 09, they will be opening up the registration for phase 3 for foreigners, hence I believe you should get posting result of your child before then. All the best!
do read the footnote 3 on MOE website (same url posted by you).
Phase 3 is also for children who are Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents and who have not registered at any of the earlier phases are also eligible to register at this phase. Registration in this phase will be done on a first-come-first-served basis -
qms:
where you get this info? MOE website states Phase 3 are for Singaporean & PR too.schellen:
I thought foreigners can only apply to MOE schs in Phase 3? :?
That's right. What I meant was that by waiting for MOE's assignment, myteapot need not compete with foreigners in Ph 3, because MOE will only open Ph 3 after ensuring every Singaporean/PR get a place in a school.
there are schools with very little vacancies left for Phase 3, eg AMK with 4 only. By foregoing phase 3, the choices are even more limited. -
tankee:
Hi Tankee!where you get this info? MOE website states Phase 3 are for Singaporean & PR too.
there are schools with very little vacancies left for Phase 3, eg AMK with 4 only. By foregoing phase 3, the choices are even more limited.
I didn't mention that Singaporeans/PRs are not eligible in Phase 3. Between Phase 2CS and 3, there is quite a long time gap. MOE uses this time period to ask Singaporeans/PRs unsuccessful in earlier phases to indicate 3 schools for their children. If you had indicated the 3 schools, you just need to wait for MOE to assign you one of the schools. MOE will start Ph 3 after every Singaporean/PR who has indicated their 3 choices of schools gets a place in one of the schools. So, for those Singaporeans/PRs who choose not to indicate 3 schools when asked to do so by MOE, they will have to compete with foreigners in Ph 3, since Ph 3 is on a first-come-first serve basis.
Hope the above clarifies! -
thank you all for your suggestions. Will definitely try calling up the school to enquire and hopefully get lucky.
-
insider:
PS: Personally I am NLP trained (not under a good master though). Together with other psychological training, I sort of really believe the concept of if you think you can, you can (concept easy to tell kids but best if you can personally feel this power). I was taught there are 'positive ions' in the cosmic and so when you think positively, you will attract more positive ions and that the things that you want can come to you easily and vice versa. Again, abstract concept but I can feel the unseen power. From young, I am always positive and all these trainings further reinforce this part of me = more or less easier to get success...
Well Said! :salute: -
Hi, I am new to this forum but find the information so interesting and informative. Would like so help or advise from other parents here.
I am planning to move from Choa Chu Kang to Commonwealth next yr Mar. So also need to transfer my 2 kids from a school in CCK to one nearby. Not quite willing to transfer to Queenstown or Newtown as I believe that both my kids can do much better and in a more ‘lax’ school, I am also worried that my boy will think that he is very good already and not want to study hard.
Just get to know that he is selected for 2nd round of GEP, can I use that as a good support to transfer him into a better school such as Nanyang or Nan Hua or Henry Park even if he is not selected into GEP?
My girl is in P1, can I use the reason that the school must accept both then I transfer my son to the school? How high chance is to transfer at P2 in these ‘popular’ school. -
I went down to 2 schools of my choice but was disappointed with the reply that I get when I went down. It seems that at both schools, both are parent volunteer tending at the General Office. Both not sure what to do. One told me must go through the website to submit for waiting list. The other say write in to principal. I wonder if principal will read such email?
Any other suggestions to get the principal to get to read my application before it is dumped in the dustbin??
I believe only if the principal read through then got a chance. Heard from insider information, usually must have some connection inside, get some pp in the school to pass your application to principal then got higher chance to transfer. :?:
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login