2011 PSLE Discussions and Strategy
-
If you were not in GEP, then secondary cannot take GE? Or can apply?
-
Anyone taking third language ?
-
TREX8:
Yes you are correct. Just check thru.ngbrdad, there is nothing to decide on HMT in the S1 form, right? Only need to decide on 3rd language, correct?
I just re-checked DD's S1 form and under the notes for Higher Mother Tongue Language (HMTL), it states \"when your child/ward reports to his/her posted sec sch in Dec, he/she may apply to study the HMTL with the school directly\".ngbrdad:
Regarding HMT and 3rd language, must decide by next Wed right ?
And once decision is made cannot change right ?
Will the decision not to take up HMT and 3rd language (if eligible for both) affects one's chances of getting a place in a school in a borderline case ?
Think DS will not take a 3rd language since most will eventually drop out of it anyway.
Personally I find it is not a very good system as the students need to travel long distance for 3rd language lessons.
Unless it's at NUSH where their 3rd language lessons (not all I think) are in house. However the timing also not condusive I heard. Usually the child needs to stay back till very late just to attend 3rd language lessons. -
Leo Lion:
If you were not in GEP, then secondary cannot take GE? Or can apply?
RI has SBGE ie school based GE. The school's pedagogy is same as GEP. Within the school, there are about 7 GEP classes. With your high score, you may be allocated one of these classes ie study with GEPpers. -
My dd got 259+2 for her psle. She was unsuccessful for RGS/NYGH DSA previously (only managed to get through RGS GAT). We plan to put :
1st : RGS
2nd : NYGH
3rd : NJC
4th : RV
ā¦
We know that most likely she will be posted to NJC/RV. However, her dream school is RGS/NYGH. Thus, we decided to use 1st 2 choices to try. Pls advise :
1) Is there anyway I can appeal to RGS or NYGH now and what is the appeal procedure? I called RGS but they told me to go through S1 posting.
2) I heard that if we appeal only after S1 posting is out and in the event that the appeal is unsuccessful, she will lose the school which MOE has posted her initially. Is it true? -
Tks, ngbrdad for the clarification. Was worried as I have already submitted the S1 form for 3rd language.
ngbrdad:
Yes you are correct. Just check thru.TREX8:
ngbrdad, there is nothing to decide on HMT in the S1 form, right? Only need to decide on 3rd language, correct?
I just re-checked DD's S1 form and under the notes for Higher Mother Tongue Language (HMTL), it states \"when your child/ward reports to his/her posted sec sch in Dec, he/she may apply to study the HMTL with the school directly\".
[quote=\"ngbrdad\"]Regarding HMT and 3rd language, must decide by next Wed right ?
And once decision is made cannot change right ?
Will the decision not to take up HMT and 3rd language (if eligible for both) affects one's chances of getting a place in a school in a borderline case ?
Think DS will not take a 3rd language since most will eventually drop out of it anyway.
Personally I find it is not a very good system as the students need to travel long distance for 3rd language lessons.
Unless it's at NUSH where their 3rd language lessons (not all I think) are in house. However the timing also not condusive I heard. Usually the child needs to stay back till very late just to attend 3rd language lessons.[/quote] -
Kid:
Anyone taking third language ?
Hi Kid - Are you going to SST? Thought I had seen an earlier post from you on the SST thread. Just checking.
Cheers -
jtoh:
I would expect the system to throw out a error mesage if it detects duplicate school code. Would have liked to try it, but DS tscore on borderline of his dream school, so I don't want to fool around with his choices.
Must have confused the MOE computer. :rotflmao: Cannot compute, cannot compute....Ms tay:
[
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: i heard that there is a student wanted to get into a particular school badly and put the 6 choices all the same schools :siao:
-
vidhyalog:
Yep , I'm going to SST . Just went to register yesterday . Still thinking of which third language should I take . The MOE language centre is quite near my new campus near Buona Vista MRT station . Actually , my mum told me to appeal to better schools like RV but I didn't want . I told her that SST is still my choice as I like the style of the school. Really excited waiting for the school year to start.Kid:
Anyone taking third language ?
Hi Kid - Are you going to SST? Thought I had seen an earlier post from you on the SST thread. Just checking.
Cheers
-
des8low:
Hi!!! I hav 258+2 n I want to try RGS as my first choice, would it be very hard? Do u think I have to appeal? :?:
Going by past few years COP for RGS, yes quite tough for your case. If don't get in via S1, go appeal. Good luck
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better š
Register Login3
Online211.4k
Users34.6k
Topics1.8m
PostsMaths
English
Chinese
Multiple subjects