DSA 2022
-
MrCroc\" post_id=\"2086951\" time=\"1666866094\" user_id=\"199357:
Just call up the Admin office of that SECONDARY school that u want to accept the CO, they will advise u what to do, next.
Hi, I just received the SMS and gmail regarding the DSA-Sec preferences. However, I am unsure how to submit the preferences online. My wife and I divorced and she isn't Singaporean or PR anymore and she is not a Passholder. So she does not have Singpass. It requires both parents to sign in to submit the preferences. What should I do?
For that Sec school that offer u the CO but your kid not interested in, NO need to do anything, bec u are going to turn down their CO, anyway -
MrCroc\" post_id=\"2086951\" time=\"1666866094\" user_id=\"199357:
Call MOE Customer Service Centre 68722220 for advice
Hi, I just received the SMS and gmail regarding the DSA-Sec preferences. However, I am unsure how to submit the preferences online. My wife and I divorced and she isn't Singaporean or PR anymore and she is not a Passholder. So she does not have Singpass. It requires both parents to sign in to submit the preferences. What should I do? -
MrCroc\" post_id=\"2086951\" time=\"1666866094\" user_id=\"199357:
Ask the internet for advice, because you know it’s more fun to have many different answers and confuse yourself further.
Hi, I just received the SMS and gmail regarding the DSA-Sec preferences. However, I am unsure how to submit the preferences online. My wife and I divorced and she isn't Singaporean or PR anymore and she is not a Passholder. So she does not have Singpass. It requires both parents to sign in to submit the preferences. What should I do?
Unless you are a deep dislike and displeasure with MOE, my suggestion is to call the MOE hotline given that they are administering the process centrally:
6872 2220
“We encourage you to book a call so that you do not have to wait. During our daily peak period between 11am and 2pm, the waiting time may be at least 15 minutes.” -
MrCroc\" post_id=\"2086951\" time=\"1666866094\" user_id=\"199357:
Hi, I just received the SMS and gmail regarding the DSA-Sec preferences. However, I am unsure how to submit the preferences online. My wife and I divorced and she isn't Singaporean or PR anymore and she is not a Passholder. So she does not have Singpass. It requires both parents to sign in to submit the preferences. What should I do?coast\" post_id=\"2086952\" time=\"1666866326\" user_id=\"38933:
This is the answer. More specifically:Hi, you can contact the General Office of your child's primary school. They should be able to help or direct you to the DSA teacher-in-charge.
All the best.
https://www.moe.gov.sg/secondary/dsa/preferences
https://www.moe.gov.sg/secondary/dsa/preferences/submit-preference-form-mainstream-primary-school-child
https://www.moe.gov.sg/secondary/dsa/preferences/submit-preference-form-mainstream-primary-school-child?pt=Through%20school
No need to call MOE or the secondary schools. Congrats and good luck! -
Dear All, able to have up to date info between both school, as we are deciding between VS or SJI.
Both are "O" level program.
DSA via Track & Field.
Proximity will not be an direct issue, hence please advise. -
WING_28\" post_id=\"2087028\" time=\"1666924992\" user_id=\"198378:
What is \"up to date\" info? All info should be up to date (probably has stayed the same for a number of years).
Dear All, able to have up to date info between both school, as we are deciding between VS or SJI.
Both are \"O\" level program.
DSA via Track & Field.
Proximity will not be an direct issue, hence please advise.
Both are boys' schools. Both wear white / white (except for the lower sec).
VS school fee is much lower than SJI as it's an autonomous school while SJI is an independent school (Singapore Citizen: VS - $23 per month, SJI - $340 per month).
Both schools are also very old: SJI was founded in 1852 while VS was founded in 1876. Hence, there are generations and generations of SJI and VS old boys around. Both schools have produced numerous notable alumni.
In terms of results, both schools' O Level programme are of comparable standards, although it's impossible to verify such info these days.
For O Level students, VS is affiliated to VJC, while SJI is affiliated to CJC but not to SJI IB programme.
In Track & Field, as a team, VS has always been much more competitive than SJI. Although for individual disciplines, it depends on the respective talent that the schools might have. -
WING_28\" post_id=\"2087028\" time=\"1666924992\" user_id=\"198378:
Might also want to consider religious background if any and also SJI takes in slightly weaker students due to their affiliation COP allowance for S1 posting
Dear All, able to have up to date info between both school, as we are deciding between VS or SJI.
Both are \"O\" level program.
DSA via Track & Field.
Proximity will not be an direct issue, hence please advise. -
emoh\" post_id=\"2087037\" time=\"1666926895\" user_id=\"10618:
Does it means SJI is less demanding Academics compare to VS?
Might also want to consider religious background if any and also SJI takes in slightly weaker students due to their affiliation COP allowance for S1 posting -
WING_28\" post_id=\"2087044\" time=\"1666928003\" user_id=\"198378:
Probably just means SJI O Level Median AL score might be slightly weaker compared to VS O Level Median AL score
Does it means SJI is less demanding Academics compare to VS? -
WING_28\" post_id=\"2087028\" time=\"1666924992\" user_id=\"198378:
To add on what others have said, my impression is SJI seem more prestigious. I feel if your boy is really into track and field, VS is the choice.
Dear All, able to have up to date info between both school, as we are deciding between VS or SJI.
Both are \"O\" level program.
DSA via Track & Field.
Proximity will not be an direct issue, hence please advise.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
Online Users
Statistics
Popular Topics