Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Super stubborn child

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Working With Your Child
    80 Posts 14 Posters 35.6k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • jedamumJ Offline
      jedamum
      last edited by

      smurf:
      wah, very difficult task leh...how to control him...when he refuses to say sorry, means he refuses...no room for discussion...even if I take away his favourites...oh, and 1 thing he is very good in...he can cry for hrs...and I mean hrs...can drive one crazy kind...

      if you can't control him at 2yo, do you think you stand a chance to get him to listen when he is 12?
      try to find out why he refuses. is he afraid to be scolded hence the tough front? does he refuse cos he knows that there is no consequences?
      yes, there is no room for discussion - if no apologies given, toy confiscated/privileged taken away. Period! when you take away his favs, when do you return to him?
      crying for hours? it pays that i am stubborn. so long no injury, i let my child just cry it out.
      good luck.

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • S Offline
        smurf
        last edited by

        haha...you'll be surprised how I beat him, can see lines one...he is very afraid of cane, but I try very very very hard not to use it you see...he is only afraid of cane, nothing else...only cane... 😞

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • corneyAmberC Offline
          corneyAmber
          last edited by

          I suppose the only way is to be more stubborn than him.

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • S Offline
            smurf
            last edited by

            you are right. I can't control him now...and no1 can i guess...if say I take away his favourites, he can cry for hrs...and I super can't stand it...let's say he cries himself to zzz, after 5 mins or so, he would cries in his zzz...every 5 mins...tell me, who can stand this?? :?


            oh, he would vomit out his milk sometimes when crying, and would continue to do so...with mucus all over, and rubbing the mucus on planaket, etc. and if you wipe it away, he cries even louder...UNTIL you give him his favs...


            let's say you give in and give back the favs to him, he would take it, BUT he takes it to throw it aside and then continue to do his deed again!

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • jedamumJ Offline
              jedamum
              last edited by

              ks2me:
              I suppose the only way is to be more stubborn than him.

              lolz. good tactic for a 2yo. 🙂

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • S Offline
                smurf
                last edited by

                got white flag emoticons anot? i surrender…

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • C Offline
                  cnimed
                  last edited by

                  He’s being a normal two… Room for discussion - er, you should just tell him what is acceptable, no need to discuss. My ds2 is also like this. I keep his toys, even if he screams and cries. If he hit his brother, I instruct him on how to make amends. I tell him exactly what to say, and what to do. Otherwise he won’t know. Of course if I know he’s tired I will not push it. Also some kids ‘chi ruan bu chi ying’. Ds2 will respond to anger with more anger. But if you show him that what he has done has hurt you, he will immediately run to hug. I must admit at one stage I was so exasperated with him. Then I realised the problem is with me, not him. I am using the same parenting style I used with ds1, but they are very different. The attention he gets from me, is also very different. I have to change my attitude and mindset, and I really sat myself down to think things through. So i’m no longer merely reacting to him, but communicating my expectations while giving him more attention. The household became calmer and he more cooperative.

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • S Offline
                    smurf
                    last edited by

                    ks2me:
                    I suppose the only way is to be more stubborn than him.

                    I tried before, many times...doesn't work out...usually I surrender...cos he can cry for hrs one...

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • C Offline
                      cnimed
                      last edited by

                      You know, really sound like my ds2 at one stage, even the cring in sleep every 5 min and the throwing up. It was a very negative cycle and I told myself this can’t go on. What changed was my perception of him.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • S Offline
                        smurf
                        last edited by

                        Hi deminc,


                        trying to use your method, it's hard, cos I dun have a lot of patience...but he seems to listen to 'tao li' (reasoning) more than cane...BUT, although he listens, but he will still do it again and again because he thinks it's very funny...although I dun think so...for caning, it works for a while, after 10 mins, back to his self...I think I need to give him more attention and communication... 😓

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 3
                        • 4
                        • 5
                        • 6
                        • 7
                        • 8
                        • 1 / 8
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users
                        kiasuparent123456K
                        kiasuparent123456

                        Statistics

                        13

                        Online

                        211.3k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy