DSA 2023
-
FYI - supporting documents for Hwa Chong shortlisting (Bilingualism Category)
- HCI DSA e-mail shunted into SPAM folder ! (unlike MOE-DSA e-mail).
- Need graded P6 h/w as supporting docs. Supporting docs requirements are made known AFTER start of June holidays === > Get docs BEFORE June holidays while teachers are still avail/in-country.
- Can use graded P5 h/w as supporting docs ===> Do NOT dispose of P5 h/w as child moves on to P6.
- Can use vids of performances as supporting docs to show case talent
See images for submission details
https://postimg.cc/Lq9N6Sqh
https://postimg.cc/BLygg1m1
https://postimg.cc/ZWZLVmxj -
I’m so sorry that my little joke got confused and people were upset. Posts have been removed and it’s back to regular DSA 2023 programming…
-
This morning at the RI DSA2022 academic selection exercise. Observation may be useful for future aspirants, indicative number of how many candidates for each academic subject (which may or may not be proportional to avail CO slots).
Number of Registration Counters open for:
- English =1
- Malay = 1
- Math = 5
- Science = 2
Observations at dismissal
- candidates doing NUSHS test (later in afternoon?) are released first
- canteen (below exam hall) is reserved waiting-area for Math and Science candidates pick-up after dismissal (cater to parents overflow) -
Some info from the kid on the RI 2022 Academic-ENGLISH selection test format. Your mileage for DSA 2023+ might vary.
- 1.5hrs
- 1 Situational Writing exercise (similar to PSLE-style Q)
- 3 Comprehension exercises (2 similar to PSLE-style Q, 1 non-standard Q)
Kid says the comprehension exercises was challenging.
Kid also reports candidate seated behind him, a GEP student, moaned about the third comprehension passage.
Wished I had the test format info before selection test. -
RI-DSA Math selection test format - Go below links for a great sharing by ainunnajib.
https://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=101834&start=1110
https://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=101834&p=2071791&hilit=ri+math#p2071791 -
.
-
fy2000jp2\" post_id=\"2072994\" time=\"1656752938\" user_id=\"197677:
Kid, being less cranky after his afternoon nap, gave more info on the non-standard Qs.
Some info from the kid on the RI 2022 Academic-ENGLISH selection test format. Your mileage for DSA 2023+ might vary.
- 1.5hrs
- 1 Situational Writing exercise (similar to PSLE-style Q)
- 3 Comprehension exercises (2 similar to PSLE-style Q, 1 non-standard Q)
Kid says the comprehension exercises was challenging.
Kid also reports candidate seated behind him, a GEP student, moaned about the third comprehension passage.
Wished I had the test format info before selection test.
- these are found in paper 2
- comprehension Qs on \"poems\"
- 6 \"poems,\" each with 6 Qs
- ie 36Qs in total for paper 2 (45mins)
I asked him if these poems are from the likes of Shakespeare, Blake, and Wordsworth; he said nope. He said these poems mentions \"sarong\" ! :shock:
Now I understand why the student behind him was moaning
-
-
fy2000jp2\" post_id=\"2073031\" time=\"1656766843\" user_id=\"197677:
Finally persuaded the kid to share some details of these poems.
Kid, being less cranky after his afternoon nap, gave more info on the non-standard Qs.
- these are found in paper 2
- comprehension Qs on \"poems\"
- 6 \"poems,\" each with 6 Qs
- ie 36Qs in total for paper 2 (45mins)
I asked him if these poems are from the likes of Shakespeare, Blake, and Wordsworth; he said nope. He said these poems mentions \"sarong\" ! :shock:
Now I understand why the student behind him was moaning
- Thoughts of a mother (an angel with wings.. death?)
- War (lots of anger)
- Funeral of grandaunt
- Insomnia
- Snow
- Immigration
Surprisingly some mature and melancholic subject matters for 12yr olds. Kid said that the poems were not attributed. I suspect that these could be works of older RI students.
The darker poems are not what I would have guided the kid to read. But, RI is looking for students \"beyond the abilities of children in your age group.\" And most poets/poems, I can still recall, are inspired by deep emotions.
http://www.ri.edu.sg/docs/default-source/default-document-library/admissions/2022-year-1-dsa-acad---amended-ic.pdf?sfvrsn=5ad6a43a_0 -
fy2000jp2\" post_id=\"2073060\" time=\"1656830691\" user_id=\"197677:
I stand corrected on the source of the poems. After I stuffed the kid with a good dinner :evil: , he shared with me 10 lines he remembered from the WAR poem. I located the poem and the poet . The kid got 10 of the 13lines correct ! :hugs: Here's his 10 lines
Finally persuaded the kid to share some details of these poems.
- Thoughts of a mother (an angel with wings.. death?)
- War (lots of anger)
- Funeral of grandaunt
- Insomnia
- Snow
- Immigration
Surprisingly some mature and melancholic subject matters for 12yr olds. Kid said that the poems were not attributed. I suspect that these could be works of older RI students.
The darker poems are not what I would have guided the kid to read. But, RI is looking for students \"beyond the abilities of children in your age group.\" And most poets/poems, I can still recall, are inspired by deep emotions.
http://www.ri.edu.sg/docs/default-source/default-document-library/admissions/2022-year-1-dsa-acad---amended-ic.pdf?sfvrsn=5ad6a43a_0
<REDACTED>
Here is link to full the poem <REDACTED>
And this publication is NOT avail at NLB.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login